By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

First game of 2021 finished. The Walking Dead: The Final Season.

Not really impressed with it honestly. There's just not that much happening and maybe the reason for that is that it's only four episodes instead of five.

Also I don't see why this should be the final season and not any of the previous ones.

Spoiler!
no main character died, the place is far from secure and there are only a couple of their people alive with a few being handicapped or not even close to adulthood. Clem was with better groups in better locations in previous seasons.

They could easily make a sequel and call it The Walking Dead: Epilogue.

You get a bunch more stupid and naive decisions even though the game plays roughly 8 or 9 years after the apocalypse. You'd think that those people would've either learned not to make them or died a long time ago.

Spoiler!
The kids surviving for that long isn't really believable. There were barely any adults there in the first place (director bailed right at the start AFAIR) and the average age just among the children was far younger than the ones that are left.

The game is better on a technical level. Definitely looks a little better and the stutters of old are gone.

Sadly the gameplay sections are not that good. Lots of trial and error with QTEs, slow camera movement, insta-death due to wrong decisions etc. I think I've died more in this game than in the previous 3 1/2 games (the 1/2 is for Michonne) combined.

7.5/10

Around the Network

Harvest Moon: One World is the biggest Harvest Moon game in its history having wide areas and exciting villages to explore while experiencing a farming life. Harvest Moon: One World will also be available for the Xbox One in the US, with a release date announcement in the near future.

https://community.natsume.com/?p=561

US exclusive? Guess you could still get it digitally.

According to the blog post, only the Switch is getting an EU release.

While I have fond memories of Harvest Moon, the makers actually don’t make the new ones so it’s only HM in name and they’ve been pretty mediocre. If One World does review well I will check it out but I’m not counting on it.

Looks like there’s going to be a gamerscore challenge worth a max of 10,000 reward points again. Starting Jan 6th

ice said:

Looks like there’s going to be a gamerscore challenge worth a max of 10,000 reward points again. Starting Jan 6th

Already played most of the easy stuff I own on my main account. :/

Around the Network

lol

(if you can't read it, it says    you really think we'd put the tease here again?)

Could be RDR2.

I would say Fallout 4. RDR2 maybe, but only if Rockstar uses this as an opportunity to push their RDR online which didn't start really great as they expected.

Probably a Bethesda game. Oblivion and or Fallout 4.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

That 20m player milestone has to be coming soon