By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Kinda of redundant to point out to GPU members that they can play these games for free for a few days.....when they can already play them off GP whenever they want.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft CEO: 'We Are Absolutely Very, Very Much Focused on Gaming' - News

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/446530/microsoft-ceo-we-are-absolutely-very-very-much-focused-on-gaming/

I'm wondering when the next acquisition will be, are they going to wait until the Bethesda one closes? So they'll likely save them until E3 2021.

I think they will wait to close the Bethesda deal. That said:

https://youtu.be/gGFYUhLHDos

This does a deep dive into potential companies. Long story short: MS goes for private companies due to easier process and less paper work. Top 2 were Sega and Valve with Valve being the ultimate decision due to its IPs, VR tech, and especially Steam being the biggest storefront in PC gaming (to push Game Pass). 

Sega a secondary choice for iconic IPs and would cement their position with Japanese games. Capcom being the top choice for public company due to a solid ratio of price and IPs to their name. 

As for smaller companies, I say Asobo is a no brainer. Flight SIM will be supported for years with heavy dlc and Plague Tale is exactly the type of game Xbox needs more of. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Shaunodon said:

When are games usually available to pre-load on Xbox? Also, anyone have a good idea when the review embargo lifts for Cyberpunk 2077?

Cyberpunk can be pre-loaded right now. It's 60GB.

Xbox Series doing quite well in Japan, all things considered it's coming out of a gen where it sold less than 120k (all xbox one versions combined)

Meanwhile xbox one was late to the party sure, like 1 year too late, but x360 fan base was quite hardcore and had a very decent size to it.

Barozi said:
Shaunodon said:

When are games usually available to pre-load on Xbox? Also, anyone have a good idea when the review embargo lifts for Cyberpunk 2077?

Cyberpunk can be pre-loaded right now. It's 60GB.

Thanks. I noticed it started updating before. Surprised it's only 60GB.

Around the Network

Played some of the Madden 21 next update. The jump is graphics is decent but the more realistic player movements, the new play calling system, and how they made the crowds and sidelines more alive definitely feel next gen.

Bought Splinter Cell Blacklist in a recent sale and it holds up quite well thanks to the Xbox One X enhancements.

Character models are a bit blocky but the rest of the game looks quite nice. It also plays well.

Shame there hasn't been a current gen sequel...

I'm kinda doing a 360 revival lately. Also bought Prince of Persia and Max Payne 3 since I never completed those. Sucks that Max Payne isn't backwards compatible...

Dragon Age =(

So, is anyone considering downloading the emulation for older consoles like ps1&2, DS, Gamecube on their Series X/S?

Seems like it's a bit lengthy to do but not all that difficult.

shikamaru317 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Xbox Series sold another 3.6k in Japan in the 3rd week. Sold out quickly once again. Exact same shipment size as the previous week. Wonder if we can assume that they'll be sending 3.6k every week to Japan until it stops selling out? I hope they'll have some shipments larger than that, they should take advantage of PS5's even worse stock situation in Japan to sell as many Xbox Series units as possible.

Xbox Series has now almost passed Xbox One launch aligned in Japan:

Xbox One had an early lead thanks to more stock, but Xbox Series is quickly catching up, and shipments are still selling out for Xbox Series. Xbox One shipped 40k first week as I recall, it took them months just to sell through that first shipment. 

Wait till that Gal*Gun hits ?