By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
konnichiwa said:
Barozi said:

It's insane how huge Supraland is and how complex the puzzles can be.

If you like puzzle platformers you should definitely try it. Reminds me a lot of Portal in some way (and Grounded visually).

Yeah took me a long time to 'complete it'  end up getting all the chests I atleast recommend trying to get it.  Also one tip if you finish the game you will unlock more super powers that are insanely usefull for completionists, recommend not looking stuff up.

Hate to say it but I had to look up two things towards the end of the game.

Spoiler!

At the end of the volcano section where you have to shoot through the lava coming out of the pipe to destroy a wooden gate. I accidentally destroyed the first game after a while but had no idea how I did it (I expected it had something to do with either the light beam or the lights illuminating the room as they appeared to go off when you're far enough away from them. Also I didn't even recognize these doors (or panels) to be wooden. They looked orange-metallic to me.

Second thing I had to look up was the final boss fight. The tips I got from Mr. Miracle didn't really help. He talked about the flies and when I found them I had no idea where to use them. Then he talked about finding a way to colour yourself. I tried but couldn't figure out how I could stand in the correct spot and simultaneously throw something through the green ring. I knew the boss's farts were important but I didn't figure out that they are able to colour yourself. I only tried shooting through a fart into the ring to activate the colour machine but that didn't work. Also I knew that the flies like to eat carrots but I didn't expect them to eat everything that is orange... Eh I guess I would've figured out that last part eventually.

Last edited by Barozi - on 27 November 2020

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

For Xbox Game Studios OpenCritic Prediction League in 2021 should I include Deathloop and Ghostwire or leave them out?

They'd be Xbox IP but not on Xbox, I won't include them for 2022 cause they'd have already been reviewed.

Could launch into Game Pass PC which would be funny.

Well, it is about the studios not the platform. They should def. include them imo.

Barozi said:
konnichiwa said:

Yeah took me a long time to 'complete it'  end up getting all the chests I atleast recommend trying to get it.  Also one tip if you finish the game you will unlock more super powers that are insanely usefull for completionists, recommend not looking stuff up.

Hate to say it but I had to look up two things towards the end of the game.

Spoiler!

At the end of the volcano section where you have to shoot through the lava coming out of the pipe to destroy a wooden gate. I accidentally destroyed the first game after a while but had no idea how I did it (I expected it had something to do with either the light beam or the lights illuminating the room as they appeared to go off when you're far enough away from them. Also I didn't even recognize these doors (or panels) to be wooden. They looked orange-metallic to me.

Second thing I had to look up was the final boss fight. The tips I got from Mr. Miracle didn't really help. He talked about the flies and when I found them I had no idea where to use them. Then he talked about finding a way to colour yourself. I tried but couldn't figure out how I could stand in the correct spot and simultaneously throw something through the green ring. I knew the boss's farts were important but I didn't figure out that they are able to colour yourself. I only tried shooting through a fart into the ring to activate the colour machine but that didn't work. Also I knew that the flies like to eat carrots but I didn't expect them to eat everything that is orange... Eh I guess I would've figured out that last part eventually.

Yeah the 'end part' was annonying because the game had received many diff updates that changed also the end part.  I love the 'new game + upgrades feels almost groundbreaking....And btw that German credit song was weird. 

Ryuu96 said:
Imaginedvl said:

Well, it is about the studios not the platform. They should def. include them imo.

Hmhm.

Wasn't sure at first given they aren't releasing on Xbox but then I've just thought to myself, well, I included PC only releases for 2020 (Flight Sim, Age of Empires) and they're both releasing on PC.

Not expecting either one to be any good sadly.

Right? I mean, I'm really trying not to be biased but esp. deathloop... I don't know man, I really find the game "meh...". And I really don't think that my Xbox preferences are in play. I mean one of my favorite game (Horizon) is on PLay Station.

shikamaru317 said:

Don't you go teasing me with a Sega acquisition/partnership like this Greenburg:

xD

Lol he just trolling, but I hope that Xbox isn’t dumb enough to not realize that they do need Japanese exclusives on Xbox to get a foothold in Japan. Tango alone is not going to be enough.

Around the Network

Bethesda has posted a ton of job listings on their official website across all studios in the last few days, according to Skullzi it’s the most that he has seen being posted at one time. The most curious being that Bethesda Montreal seems to be expanding with a good amount of positions in Engineering and Programming.

The belief is that they are co-developing an unannounced game together with BGS Austin, but it is still possible that they could be working on different projects.

That would be what? 8 unannounced AAA games from MS studios that we for sure know are in development.

BGS Austin/Montreal, Zenimax Online/San Diego, Arkane Austin, RoundHouse, The Initiative, InXile, Compulsion, XGP Open World AAA title.

I didn’t list games that we know are coming either like The Outer Worlds 2 and Wolfenstein 3 or other smaller projects.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 28 November 2020

People can Fly can be taken out as potential MS target, they are developing two new AAA games one for Square Enix and another for Take Two both slated to Ben released in 2024. One of them is possibly Bulletstorm 2.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Yeah I haven’t been giving a shit about the comparisons... we all know what is going to happen once the tools catch up. Then the narrative will shift. You already see it in the CoD thread, once XSX games start winning these things then it will just be that DF is so biased. I wonder what MS said in the statement, I’ll check it out.

You seem to be very sure of things so i expect you to have some knowledge on it.

What are those specific tools that need to be upgraded or added, or catch up how?

The tools are the SDK, obviously. And I have no more knowledge than anyone else who can read what the developers say and Microsoft's documents. Plus a basic understanding of math and computer hardware. The Series X is the more powerful hardware.

Idk if I would call it "catch up", the differences we're seeing in these games is tiny. SonyGAF is going crazy right now about some CoD analysis that shows CoD hitting 3-4 more frames per second than SX. It's pretty much even right now, even with devs having a lot more time to get familiar with Sony's tools.

ironmanDX said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I've beaten it. It's really hard. Prepare for some real challenge. It is way harder than the base game and a true test of skill.

The difficulty doesn't really concern me. I got all of the achievements on Doom and Doom 2 on console. Up to and including punching out a cyberdemon, I got it.

I want to know if it's good. Thinking about holding out until part 2 comes out as well as the Series X enhancement patch.

Hard to say if it's good or not. It's a personal preference. Some liked it, some not. But I would say if you liked the direction id went with Doom Eternal, you'll probably like the DLC as well.

Ryuu96 said:

For Xbox Game Studios OpenCritic Prediction League in 2021 should I include Deathloop and Ghostwire or leave them out?

They'd be Xbox IP but not on Xbox, I won't include them for 2022 cause they'd have already been reviewed.

Could launch into Game Pass PC which would be funny.

These are not XGS games, so probably you shouldn't include them in prediction league.