Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Series X Launching in November | Halo Infinite Delayed to 2021 | Fable, State of Decay 3, Forza Motorsport and Obsidian RPG 'Avowed' Announced

Which August XGS Title Are You Most Looking Forward to Playing?

Battletoads 4 21.05%

Tell Me Why 5 26.32%

Wasteland 3 6 31.58%

Flight Simulator 4 21.05%

Total:19

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by trunkswd **

OpenCritic Prediction - Ori and the Will of the Wisps

50 or Less 0 $0.00 0.00%

51 - 55 0 $0.00 0.00%

56 - 60 0 $0.00 0.00%

61 - 65 0 $0.00 0.00%

66 - 70 0 $0.00 0.00%

71 - 75 0 $0.00 0.00%

76 - 80 0 $0.00 0.00%

81 - 85 0 $0.00 0.00%

86 - 90 5 $969.00 35.71%

91 or Over 9 $2,621.72 64.29%

Totals: 14 $3,590.72  
Game closed: 03/08/2020
shikamaru317 said:
Most of the studios I can think of who I would want developing Perfect Dark, other than The Initiative, are accounted for sadly. It needs to be a studio with story driven action-adventure or stealth experience preferably. IO are busy on Hitman 3. Square has Eidos on Avengers and a 2nd Marvel game. Arkane has 2 studios, one released Wolfenstein Youngblood last year and the other is doing Deathloop. Rebellion is likely doing Sniper Elite 5. Crystal Dynamics is doing Avengers and likely a new Tomb Raider.

And I'd just like to say, on behalf of everybody, what a fucking waste.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Oops, he is right, I miscounted, the Perfect Dark email is fake.

Something doesn't add up. No way that Ken Lobb made a Perfect Dark twitter account just to troll us. Only the account creator could allow Ken Lobb to follow the account since it is a locked account, which basically means that Ken Lobb would had to have created it himself. There's no way he could be sadistic enough to troll Perfect Dark fans thirsty for a new game like that, unless we are getting a new game soon, either by him or by The Initiative. 

The email image is fake, the actual email address for the Twitter account doesn't show up in password recovery so we don't know what the email is for the account, it could still be legit.

Angelus said:
shikamaru317 said:
Most of the studios I can think of who I would want developing Perfect Dark, other than The Initiative, are accounted for sadly. It needs to be a studio with story driven action-adventure or stealth experience preferably. IO are busy on Hitman 3. Square has Eidos on Avengers and a 2nd Marvel game. Arkane has 2 studios, one released Wolfenstein Youngblood last year and the other is doing Deathloop. Rebellion is likely doing Sniper Elite 5. Crystal Dynamics is doing Avengers and likely a new Tomb Raider.

And I'd just like to say, on behalf of everybody, what a fucking waste.

For sure. I really hate to see it. I so badly need Deus Ex Adam Jensen game #3 and a new Tomb Raider, and now it's looking like we may not get either for several years or more. 

The Perfect Dark Twitter account email doesn't show up because it hasn't been verified yet FWIW.

EspadaGrim said:
Splash Damage, Creative Assembly, Sumo Digital?

Splash Damage is doubtful, one of their teams just released Gears Tactics and are still doing the console port of it. Another is doing a Stadia exclusive. With only about 300 devs total, I would be shocked if they had a 3rd team working on Perfect Dark, unless the Stadia exclusive is like single A.

Sumo Digital could be possible, but it is hard to say. They are very big (700 devs) and it is hard to get a read on just how many separate teams they have. We know for sure they had a team that released Crackdown 3 last year, and one that was doing Dead Island 2 until July last year when their work got passed to Dambuster for completion. Their racing team released Team Sonic Racing last year, and are doing Hotshot Racing this year, and may now be assisting MS with either Horizon 5 or Motorsport 8, since they have assisted on many Forza games in the past. They have a team doing the Sackboy PS5 game. They have a team doing Project Nova for CCP. They may have enough devs left over after accounting for all of those teams for there to be a team doing Perfect Dark, but it is hard to say that for sure.

Creative Assembly is an interesting one. While most of Creative Assembly is focused on RTS development, there was the Alien Isolation team. That team had originally planned a sequel to Alien Isolation, but lackluster sales cancelled the sequel. After that it was rumored that the Isolation team was doing a new IP 1st person tactical shooter, but that game was never announced. Maybe that shooter was cancelled and the Isolation team could be doing Perfect Dark, but you would think we would have some rumors of that by now if this game has been in development since 2016 (Quantum Break was the last game that Ken Lobb appeared in the credits for, implying that his next game has been in development since 2016). 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 27 June 2020

Around the Network

Man Alien Isolation was such a gem of a game. Granted, it dragged on a bit towards the end, but on the whole it was fucking excellent. I don't even like horror games all that much, for the most part, but that game hit all the right notes for me. Absolute shame it didn't do well enough to get a sequel.

Lol twitter placeholders for Fable and Perfect Dark

ok i was shooting zombies for the last several hours but expect the xbox event early july

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

There are positive reasons why the show could be late July. Obviously we all want footage and things to get hyped about ASAP, but you need to remember its focused on a product and brand launch.

Showing at the end of July delivers the following potential benefits:

- Closer to the point we'll be able to actually pre-order consoles.
- More breathing room from Sony's conference.
- Slightly elevated chance of further commitments from third parties.
- More time for first parties to perfect content that will be shown.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS