By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah, X020 is not happening. If it was happening, we would have it by now already. And TGA is in a little bit more than 2 weeks. And almost definitely Xbox will have some announcements there.

Around the Network

Late to the party but I would say the SeX has met my expectations. Thus far I've only played Doom 2016, Forza 7 and Apex legends. Only Apex is optimised for SeX. I game a lot on my 1440p 144hz screen with VRR so that is awesome to experience. Thankfully all of those features are there for me.
Doom 2016 was dynamic 4k on x1x so when I'm playing it on my TV, I'm glad the series X is hitting full 4k all the time. Eternal is variable to 1800p and I'll be playing that next thanks to gamepass.

Quick resume is game changing. SSD load times are excellent. If Halo Infinite launched day one and had all the ray tracing bells and whistles I'm sure it will have when it releases, it would have surpassed expectations. Lack of a true next generation experience is what made me decide on "met expectations"

I expect once SDK XGK HBK whatever it's called issues are fixed, my expectations will be exceeded time and time again as the generation goes on.

shikamaru317 said:

My Series X was supposed to arrive today and didn't. When they first shipped it they said delivery Sunday, then yesterday they changed it to Monday. All day today it said it would be delivered by 8 PM, but never showed up, and now Amazon is saying it will be delivered tomorrow or Wednesday. So much for Amazon Prime 2 day shipping, shipped on Friday, might not show up until Tuesday or Wednesday (they used US Postal Service instead of Fedex or UPS). Better show up tomorrow, I'm ready to see what it can do.

The anticipation must be through the roof.

Supraland got a patch today and now runs at 60 FPS on Series X. Feels so much better.
Btw. it's not appearing as Series X enhanced so X1 and X1X got the patch as well but I doubt it runs 60FPS on those.

Wow, 600 million played Minecraft at one point or another. That’s insane.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Wasn't the Raven already on GWG? I definitely remember downloading it in the past, years ago.

MS really needs to sort out GWG, either get rid of it completely and lower the price of Gold, or lower it to 2 games per month with bigger, more recent games appearing like Sony did with PS+. They have far too many meh months, and this is one of the most meh months I've seen to date. Would be better if they gave the Xbox One version of Gat out of Hell instead of the outdated 360 version.

The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief (Xbox 360) back in December 2014.

Btw. Stacking was available for free for several months this year. Great move by MS to include that. Also the game was developed and IP is owned by Double Fine so it's an extra cheap addition for MS.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Wasn't the Raven already on GWG? I definitely remember downloading it in the past, years ago.

MS really needs to sort out GWG, either get rid of it completely and lower the price of Gold, or lower it to 2 games per month with bigger, more recent games appearing like Sony did with PS+. They have far too many meh months, and this is one of the most meh months I've seen to date. Would be better if they gave the Xbox One version of Gat out of Hell instead of the outdated 360 version.

Just do yourself the favor of not expecting anything from GWG. Frankly, putting particularly high profile, or recent releases on there doesn't make sense for them anymore. Any game like that they can make deals for would be far more beneficial for them to put on GP (also makes the deal easier), so that's exactly what they're going to do. GWG doesn't help their business. It's a relic. The only reason they don't axe the program entirely is probably just because they don't need that news story out there about how MS is removing people's free monthly games, while PS is still offering them. So yea....they'll keep it around, and maybe now and again you'll get something neat, but it's more of an empty gesture service at this point than anything else, and that's all it'll ever be.

I personally stopped caring about Gold games since I got Game Pass. In the end it’s 4 games so the value is there whether we like the games or not. And if there’s a game I actually want, it’s a bonus.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Ryuu96 said:

We wanted Halo at launch. We thought it would have been a real cultural moment for us as Xbox. Last time we had done that was the original Xbox and Halo: CE.

From a business standpoint, I’m selling every console I can build. It’s hard for me to point out how I would be selling more consoles today. I wouldn’t be.

[Halo] was a miss on our part. I wouldn’t change the decision based on the right game, [a] healthy situation for the team, and how they’re working. Absolutely, it’s something that we had planned for, Bonnie Ross who runs the studio and I, to have Halo there. In the long run, I think what’s going to happen is we’re going to get a better Halo game at a good time when people can actually get a console.

-

We’re building at full capacity for now, a few months. And we continue to. Units continue to hit the shelves. Demand is just incredibly high right now.

Because we’re going to be in this situation, probably into the spring, maybe not as tight as it is now, but demand is just really high, and we’re building.

-

So Halo Infinite is Spring at the earliest, aiming for when supply catches up with demand.

April to June plz lol. Should be about when stock starts to sit on the shelves, waiting for a certain system seller to come along. 

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

Just do yourself the favor of not expecting anything from GWG. Frankly, putting particularly high profile, or recent releases on there doesn't make sense for them anymore. Any game like that they can make deals for would be far more beneficial for them to put on GP (also makes the deal easier), so that's exactly what they're going to do. GWG doesn't help their business. It's a relic. The only reason they don't axe the program entirely is probably just because they don't need that news story out there about how MS is removing people's free monthly games, while PS is still offering them. So yea....they'll keep it around, and maybe now and again you'll get something neat, but it's more of an empty gesture service at this point than anything else, and that's all it'll ever be.

While I agree with you that Gamepass is far superior and should remain the top priority for MS, the problem is that GWG constantly being beat by PS+ is bad publicity for them. That is why I think that they either need to drop it completely and lower the Gold pricing to compensate, or fix the GWG quality issues by dropping from 4 to 2 games so that they can afford to release 2 decent-good games instead of 4 shovelware games most months.

I mean just look at the like dislike ratios on their youtube videos whenever they have a bad GWG month:

• December- 1k likes, 1.8k dislikes so far
  • November- 7.2k likes, 4.6k dislikes
  • October- 7k likes, 6.8k dislikes
  • September- 5.9k likes, 2.8k dislikes
  • August- 3.3k likes, 13k dislikes

I really don't think having that kind of bad publicity is healthy for Xbox, not sure that "any publicity is good publicity" applies here.

Those likes/dislikes are low enough to tell me that really not many people are paying attention to GWG, period. Which is just fine for MS. You don't see any articles (or I don't) about how GWG sucks every month, and as long as that's not the case, MS is paying as much attention to that service as the rest of us....which is to say, none lol