By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Like even 1 JRPG studio would be cool along with increased 3rd party support from JP. I’m not expecting any of the new acquisitions incoming to be from japan but hopefully I’m wrong.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

I'm going to say this outright, MS should not release Starfield ,EDS 6 and Fallout 5 on PS5 and make them console exclusive Screw Sony. MS has been getting shat on for months about having no games and now is the chance to turn it around and change the narrative for good.

Do you guys really think that Sony won't react to this by spending more cash on Exclusive/Timed exclusives? I wouldn't be shocked if they try to buy FromSoft and Platinum and also money-hat Konami to get a new MGS game exclusive. All I'm saying is that this might get ugly and MS can't be helping the other side right now.

At the very least I think MS should aim for 1 year timed console exclusivity on all future Bethesda/Zenimax games aside from Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo of course. Switch or Switch 2 day one releases would be ok since MS doesn't really compete with Nintendo, but they would be wise to keep Bethesda/Zenimax games off of Playstation for at least a year if they want to compete next gen in terms of hardware sales. 

The BGS studios at the very least should be the only ones that should make Multiplatform games, all others ID Tech, Arkane, Tango, Machine, and RoundHouse should only make Xbox console exclusive titles.

shikamaru317 said:

It's crazy to me how MS has so many major WRPG studios and IPs now between Bethesda, Obsidian, inXile, and of course Playground rebooting Fable (which is among the bestselling WRPG franchises). The only major WRPG studios left that they don't own are Blizzard's Diablo team, Larian, CD Projekt, and Bioware (they don't own Bioware, but their future games will be on Gamepass Ultimate about 10 months after release through EA Play). Ubisoft's AC has grown increasingly WRPG recently though, and they also have the the studio that made the 2nd South Park RPG which will probably do a 3rd one next.

As a huge RPG fan, I love how much focus MS is putting on RPG's for their 1st party. Now they just need a JRPG dev and I will be quite happy. Just save Mistwalker from the mobile hell they are trapped in, and buy a 2nd JRPG studio to co-develop with Mistwalker since they are an incubation studio.

Tri-Ace and Cyberconnect would be the only realistic gets for a JRPG studio.

MS need to expand Bethesda Game Studios, especially the support teams to be able to develop their own games they could potentially have 4 full AAA teams working on titles. According to wiki they have over 400 employees as of 2018 that seems way too low and needs to be at least double that number.

I also didn't realize that Zenimax actually bought Human Head when they shut down maybe the Prey 2 project can be revived under a new name that's another AAA studio for MS.

Ryuu96 said:

I've just updated my Goddamn XGS post and now there's rumours of at least 2 more acquisitions, please chill TF out Microsoft, holy shit.

Asobo seems likely, I was going to say they won't acquire another publisher but think about this, apparently this deal has been in the works for 2 years, now consider that they were trying to acquire WBIE whilst in the final stages of closing an acquisition with Bethesda...They were willing to drop $10bn+ on two publishers.

Zenimax is a way bigger get than WBIE would have been but imagine the meltdowns if MS would have been able to get both lol. It's very insane on just how much cash they were willing to drop in total for both especially when they were already in talks with on big company/publisher. I still want them to continue to try to acquire some more independent studios like Asobo and Techland and maybe try for some more Japanese studios(at the very least they already have one).

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:
MS need to expand Bethesda Game Studios, especially the support teams to be able to develop their own games they could potentially have 4 full AAA teams working on titles. According to wiki they have over 400 employees as of 2018 that seems way too low and needs to be at least double that number.

I also didn't realize that Zenimax actually bought Human Head when they shut down maybe the Prey 2 project can be revived under a new name that's another AAA studio for MS.

Agreed. I would like to see Bethesda Game Studios releasing like 5 games per generation instead of 2. They'll soon have 3 IP's on rotation assuming that Starfield is a big enough success to get sequels, if they can't speed up their output there will be generations where we don't even get 1 game each for Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Starfield. Staff up to main studio to like 300 devs, and the 3 satellite studios to like 150 devs each. That should be enough to handle simultaneous singleplayer development on all 3 IP's, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Starfield.

Zero chance that Starfield fails imo, they could have each studio be in charge of one IP if they expand and also potentially have the other make a new IP or work on a Fallout 3/New Vegas, Oblivion or Morrowind remakes. MS has a ton of options right now Arkane Austin and ID Frankfurt can also be expanded too.

In case you missed it, Quantum Error, the previously exclusive PS4/PS5 game is no longer exclusive and will release on X1/Series S|X on the same day.

Microsoft needed that, since they are bad at publishing their own line up of AAA games.

Barozi said:
In case you missed it, Quantum Error, the previously exclusive PS4/PS5 game is no longer exclusive and will release on X1/Series S|X on the same day.

Already trying to jump ship after the Zenimax news lol, cool to hear this game looks ok.

KratosLives said:
Microsoft needed that, since they are bad at publishing their own line up of AAA games.

So you’re happy with the announcement?