By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Barozi said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Seeing what Josh Sawyer could do Directing a mainline Fallout with actual time and budget to make the game this time around, would be a DREAM! Just in terms of choices, no Fallout has been like New Vegas. And that was with only 18 months of development! So I would love Josh to get a second chance at a Fallout game.

As far as what U.S. state, I would love Alaska. It's freaking the size of half the U.S. so there's your open world, but I would love to see snowy peaks and backdrops in a Fallout game, and just the vast wilderness of Alaska can make for some breathtaking landscapes

That's slightly exaggerated. Alaska is about 16% of the US land area or roughly 1/6.

Ugh, that's what happens when you've been out of school for over a decade

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Barozi said:

That's slightly exaggerated. Alaska is about 16% of the US land area or roughly 1/6.

Ugh, that's what happens when you've been out of school for over a decade

It's the result of using Mercator maps to show a spherical globe on a flat piece of paper.  It warps the sizes of lands near the poles, making Alaska seem to be half the size of the lower 48 and makes Greenland look bigger than South America, when it's actually smaller than Brazil.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Ryuu96 said:

Lol.

Interesting insight into Phil with a sly dig at Bethesda.

Got to love him.

This insinuates that Phil is more hands on than we think? Many studios have been talking about how hands off Microsoft has been, even too hands off, but this is kinda saying otherwise. 

If a massive holiday game like Starfield could get delayed, many are asking why didn't Halo Infinite get that sort of delay? I mean, the end of 2021 was a good one for Xbox. Infinite definitely could've used some extra time, and would've ended up being the biggest exclusive for Xbox in 2022

Avowed's narrative lead has left Obsidian. I would hope most of the story would be done and written by now, so perhaps her work is done. Wish her the best!

Ryuu96 said:

Shame.

I wonder who the Lead Writer on The Outer Worlds 2 is, Megan Starks?

FWIW Carrie Patel who is a Director on Avowed was also Narrative Designer on PoE and Narrative Co-Lead on PoE 2 so I suspect she could pick up on some stuff even if Avowed's story isn't quite finished.

One thing I've wondered, Josh Sawyer was a Design Director on The Outer Worlds so he still is involved a little in the larger projects, I wonder if he has any role or influence over Avowed being as he created Pillars of Eternity.

Megan certainly could take that role since she was the Narrative Lead and Game Director for the Murder on Eridanos DLC which I really liked! 

I was wondering if Josh had a role of some sort on Avowed since the Pillars universe is his baby. But knowing he wanted to step away from larger projects, perhaps he would be more in an Advisor role.

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I freaking love that new AI!

Halo Infinite sneaking back into the top 10 is pretty interesting, game is likely selling well despite it being on GamePass.

EspadaGrim said:

Halo Infinite sneaking back into the top 10 is pretty interesting, game is likely selling well despite it being on GamePass.

Yeah, the NPD reports straight sales not including Game Pass numbers. Pretty good sign. Kind of surprising that the month before Infinite was at #13. I sorta thought it would've fallen out of the top 20 by now lol. Shows there's still a lot of interest in Halo, but 343 just has to deliver. I'm hoping we also get a sneak peak at campaign DLC during next months showcase to keep sales of Infinite going. 

343 is fixing the "gun jamming" bug, restoring all skill jumps that were removed, and shockingly, bringing back the tank gun!

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/t/halo-infinite-update-may-13/517056

Ngl, this really does give me a lot of faith that 343 is listening to fan feedback as this was a very quick turnaround. Also, LSS drop pods will have all equipment rather than just overshield and active camo lol

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 13 May 2022