By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SvennoJ said:

Maybe this works faster than Google and MS Support...

I got a Series X, pressed some button and it said it uploaded a screenshot somewhere. Where did it upload it to so I can delete it lol. I turned the auto upload stuff off after finding it in settings, but it doesn't say where they go.

Awesome machine but wow I thought the UI in GT7 was bad :/ I'm having lots of issues navigating around the dash board. For example how do you put it in standby mode so it keeps downloading? I wanted to continue with Forza 7 today which let me play a bit yesterday but then it had to download more. I turned the box off expecting it to keep downloading the game, it didn't. So where the heck is this standby mode? I only see turn off as an option.under power.

Also my kid wanted to try Forza 7 but it said it would erase my save if he would start the game. Is that because it wasn't fully downloaded yet? Or because it was in quick resume on my name. (As I said I just turned the box off, no idea it would put it in quick resume. How do you turn that off if that's what's preventing other accounts to use a game)

Standby mode:

Settings -> General -> Sleep Mode & Startup -> Sleep Mode: Standby (also make sure there's no check mark on "When Xbox is off, turn off storage". I doubt it will download anything when that's activated).

Also go to Settings -> System -> Updates and make sure you have both check marks in "Keep my console up to date" and "Keep my games & apps up to date".

For your screenshot upload press the Xbox Button, press open the fifth tab "Capture & Share" and click on "Recent Captures" and then "Show all" to view all the captures you've made. (There might be an easier way to get there but that's how I always do it)
It's already filtered to show the captures uploaded on the Xbox Network by default. You can delete them from here (either one by one or you can press the fourth button in the top bar to change it to a list view where you can select and delete multiple captures at once.)

As for Forza 7, are you really sure it wants to erase the save file? Usually, you will only lose your progress since the last save if you switch accounts mid-game.
Just close the game properly before shutting off the console to circumvent quick resume (Xbox Button -> select game -> Press Start -> Quit).

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I used it briefly and liked what I saw (not going back until it properly supports ICC profiles). It isn't any buggier than Win10, it's faster, and does add a touch of new features. 

Really just depends on what you're after. It does remove some of the Win10 aesthetic, but adds a bunch of its own.

Nice, I don't mind that stuff about the aesthetic changes, I'm just interested in the stability because I will upgrade but I'm sick of seeing the little "Windows 11 Upgrade!" icon in the bottom right of my taskbar

So I thought, why not now, if it ain't buggy.

I think it’s definitely in a good place to where you can upgrade. It certainly has a more modern aesthetic to it, but for me the biggest upgrade is the settings menu

But unless you have a PC that’s under 2 years old it can be a pain in the ass to upgrade because of the stricter requirements. But I’ve been enjoying it! 

Sooooooooo has anyone seen the new Halo episode? I have…..feelings about it lol

Barozi said:

Standby mode:

Settings -> General -> Sleep Mode & Startup -> Sleep Mode: Standby (also make sure there's no check mark on "When Xbox is off, turn off storage". I doubt it will download anything when that's activated).

Also go to Settings -> System -> Updates and make sure you have both check marks in "Keep my console up to date" and "Keep my games & apps up to date".

For your screenshot upload press the Xbox Button, press open the fifth tab "Capture & Share" and click on "Recent Captures" and then "Show all" to view all the captures you've made. (There might be an easier way to get there but that's how I always do it)
It's already filtered to show the captures uploaded on the Xbox Network by default. You can delete them from here (either one by one or you can press the fourth button in the top bar to change it to a list view where you can select and delete multiple captures at once.)

As for Forza 7, are you really sure it wants to erase the save file? Usually, you will only lose your progress since the last save if you switch accounts mid-game.
Just close the game properly before shutting off the console to circumvent quick resume (Xbox Button -> select game -> Press Start -> Quit).

Thanks!

I found the screenshot. Windows has an XBox Console Companion App, which has a captures tab, which has an On XBox Live tab, which shows the shot. There you can download it which moves it to the On this PC tab where you can Open Folder and it's stored in a Users<name>VideosCaptures folder. It's a lot faster just to copy screenshots to a USB stick directly from the console... I'll find it on the console itself next time I turn it on!

It took me a while to figure out how to close the game lol. But yep, found it, options or start button on the app in the dashboard shows a quit option. I used it to try to cancel getting the Chinese outfit. When leveling up it gave me the choice of 40K credits, a free car or China. I clicked on the free car, gave me a preview and let me back out. Then I clicked on China to find out what that was about, a track, unlock a region? Turned out it's clothes lol. So I tried to cancel to get the car instead. Wouldn't let me. I quit the game, restarted, could resume the championship but the reward was simply gone. No car, no clothes, great system lol.

I still need to find the difficulty settings in Forza 7. It's been weird so far. Couple start races I kept spinning out finished dead last. Then I started the hot hatch championship and I'm driving alone ahead of the pack after the first 2 turns. I saw my friend driving around and I know he is much faster than that lol.

SvennoJ said:
Barozi said:

Standby mode:

Thanks!

I found the screenshot. Windows has an XBox Console Companion App, which has a captures tab, which has an On XBox Live tab, which shows the shot. There you can download it which moves it to the On this PC tab where you can Open Folder and it's stored in a UsersVideosCaptures folder. It's a lot faster just to copy screenshots to a USB stick directly from the console... I'll find it on the console itself next time I turn it on!

It took me a while to figure out how to close the game lol. But yep, found it, options or start button on the app in the dashboard shows a quit option. I used it to try to cancel getting the Chinese outfit. When leveling up it gave me the choice of 40K credits, a free car or China. I clicked on the free car, gave me a preview and let me back out. Then I clicked on China to find out what that was about, a track, unlock a region? Turned out it's clothes lol. So I tried to cancel to get the car instead. Wouldn't let me. I quit the game, restarted, could resume the championship but the reward was simply gone. No car, no clothes, great system lol.

I still need to find the difficulty settings in Forza 7. It's been weird so far. Couple start races I kept spinning out finished dead last. Then I started the hot hatch championship and I'm driving alone ahead of the pack after the first 2 turns. I saw my friend driving around and I know he is much faster than that lol.

Download the Xbox app on your phone! I primarily play on PC, so I thought I would download the app since the Xbox PC app is still very integrated with the console and mobile experience. When I logged into the mobile app, I immediately found screen captures from 2015 on my XOne I completely forgot about

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Sooooooooo has anyone seen the new Halo episode? I have…..feelings about it lol

Nope, I am behind about 3 episodes so no spoilers.  I watch it with my older son when he comes over so not in a hurry to keep up with it.

Seeing what Josh Sawyer could do Directing a mainline Fallout with actual time and budget to make the game this time around, would be a DREAM! Just in terms of choices, no Fallout has been like New Vegas. And that was with only 18 months of development! So I would love Josh to get a second chance at a Fallout game.

As far as what U.S. state, I would love Alaska. It's freaking the size of half the U.S. so there's your open world, but I would love to see snowy peaks and backdrops in a Fallout game, and just the vast wilderness of Alaska can make for some breathtaking landscapes

It's still insane to me that nearly every creative that has worked on the Fallout franchise at some point is all now under one umbrella.

gtotheunit91 said:

Seeing what Josh Sawyer could do Directing a mainline Fallout with actual time and budget to make the game this time around, would be a DREAM! Just in terms of choices, no Fallout has been like New Vegas. And that was with only 18 months of development! So I would love Josh to get a second chance at a Fallout game.

As far as what U.S. state, I would love Alaska. It's freaking the size of half the U.S. so there's your open world, but I would love to see snowy peaks and backdrops in a Fallout game, and just the vast wilderness of Alaska can make for some breathtaking landscapes

That's slightly exaggerated. Alaska is about 16% of the US land area or roughly 1/6.

Ryuu96 said:

Do you guys think Fallout could work outside of America or nah? Is there no locations outside of America that you'd like to see?

The only Fallout I've played is New Vegas

There definitely would be locations outside of the U.S. I can completely see working but given current world events, not sure if that would be feasible going forward lol. Specifically Ukraine and Russia given that regions nuclear history, it can have a very natural fit within Fallout. Chernobyl for instance