By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

6th Annual Xbox Empire Game of the Year Awards

Vote (See Shortcuts) 8 100.00%

Total:8

Dragon Quest and Control for me. I was patient with Control and now it’s mine :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

So great to finally have Football Manager on Xbox!

Starbound on PC Gamepass, when the Xbox port they announced 5 years ago still hasn't released, feels bad man. Might go ahead and play it on PC since the console port clearly isn't happening at this point.

Good month though, several other games there that I want to play, though I will probably wait on the next-gen update to play Control, and buy the next-gen upgrade version on a sale before then, instead of playing the current gen only version on Gamepass. Will definitely play DQ11, Greedfall, Haven, and Gang Beasts at some point.

Does Control have a next gen version?

jason1637 said:

Does Control have a next gen version?

Yes, but it is not the one that is on Gamepass. The publisher, 505, decided to be dicks and limit the next-gen upgrade to the Control Ultimate Edition, screwing over everybody that bought the base game. They got slammed on social media for the decision, but never caved in and walked it back sadly. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 01 December 2020

Around the Network

What a wonderful start for Game Pass this month. I have so much to play right now I've been strategizing the best way to tackle it.

Main priority. I'm in the middle of FFXV Royal Edition. I need to finish this game before it leaves GP in the next month or so.
Gears Tactics - It's a great game to jump in and out of. Not in a rush to finish it.
Doom Eternal- Still kinda early in this game. Plan to finish before the end of the year or January.
Ori 2- Still early, not sure when I want to finish.
Neir Automata- Started, but need to complete FFXV before I start playing this again.

Starting soon
Control - Will start playing in January. Finish in January.
Cyberpunk 2077- Start in January when I get it for Christmas. No rush to complete.
Call of the Sea-Start in January or February.

There are more games coming that I want to play, but I don't have enough damn time.

Great month for Game Pass.

Btw. the PS2 emulator PCSX2 can now been used on Series S and Series X. It's a very early build but some games (ICO, Silent Hill 2, Timesplitters 2 and God of War) already run great.

I will definitely be checking out Control. I'm guessing they're talking about dragon quest 11 PC because that has been on game pass since i got my series x. tho I already own it on my switch and have no desire to replay it

Baddman said:

I will definitely be checking out Control. I'm guessing they're talking about dragon quest 11 PC because that has been on game pass since i got my series x. tho I already own it on my switch and have no desire to replay it

That is the preload version, doesn't actually release until Friday. 

When are games usually available to pre-load on Xbox? Also, anyone have a good idea when the review embargo lifts for Cyberpunk 2077?