By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - The Biggest Launch in Xbox History

Post Your Series X Impressions: Has It Matched Your Expectations?

Exceeded Them 11 32.35%

Matched Them 13 38.24%

Below Them 10 29.41%

Total:34
Immersiveunreality said:

The kind of games on it matched my expectations, can not say anything about hardware because i do not buy one till it gets some new obsidian en Bethesda games/fable game.

At least scalpers won't be a worry for you by then!

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
Immersiveunreality said:

The kind of games on it matched my expectations, can not say anything about hardware because i do not buy one till it gets some new obsidian en Bethesda games/fable game.

At least scalpers won't be a worry for you by then!

Oh never, even with the PS5 and previous ps systems i did wait at least a year.

Not that i do not crave for Demon Souls but for myself it is not yet justified to invest a bunch of money whenever i have such a huge backlog,by the time i have worked through that there will be enough games for me to enjoy on the new gen.

If i had absolutely nothing to play on my old systems i might have had invested on a launch day console although i would be worried about production failures.

Also curious on exactly how much consoles scalpers buy in totality.

“We have agreed to a purchase price with ZeniMax. ZeniMax is not owned by Xbox or Microsoft currently. We’re still working through the completely standard - happens every time for an acquisition of this size - regulatory bodies, working through all the details, making sure that everything is by the book and meets whatever rules individual parties have. What happens after that point, I’m not going to comment on that, because we’re going to have to wait for the actual transaction to be done. What I will say is what Phil [Spencer, Microsoft’s executive VP of Gaming – TASS] said - that we will make this decision on a case by case basis, but what I will say is: look, our goal is to get as many people into the Xbox community, to get as many people playing our games as possible, that’s what’s going to guide us.”

Ben Decker, Head of Gaming Services at Xbox

https://tass.com/economy/1221629

An interview on launch but essentially saying what Phil said so can we chill a little now?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 November 2020

Lol were not gonna get a legit answer until everything is finalized.

smroadkill15 said:

Developers getting SDK late explains why we didn't see any series X gameplay until so late. This seems like a pretty reasonable explanation why the Series X versions are not performing to the level we were expecting, even digital foundry is puzzled why the game is underperforming so much compared to the ps5 version. It simply doesn't add up. Yet, when this simple explanation is brought up, Sony fans will deny it(of course). You don't need to be an Xbox fan to find this whole thing strange.

Yup they having a field day on Twitter. Sigh. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

“We have agreed to a purchase price with ZeniMax. ZeniMax is not owned by Xbox or Microsoft currently. We’re still working through the completely standard - happens every time for an acquisition of this size - regulatory bodies, working through all the details, making sure that everything is by the book and meets whatever rules individual parties have. What happens after that point, I’m not going to comment on that, because we’re going to have to wait for the actual transaction to be done. What I will say is what Phil [Spencer, Microsoft’s executive VP of Gaming – TASS] said - that we will make this decision on a case by case basis, but what I will say is: look, our goal is to get as many people into the Xbox community, to get as many people playing our games as possible, that’s what’s going to guide us.”

Ben Decker, Head of Gaming Services at Xbox

https://tass.com/economy/1221629

An interview on launch but essentially saying what Phil said so can we chill a little now?

They seem aware the constant interviews are doing more harm then good. I am sufficiently chilled :)

Beat Ori and the blind forest last night and wow it might be my favorite metroidvania of all time. Also i guess I'll ask again. Did I misunderstood the details of Batista Marcus in gears 5? I can use him in multiplayer fine but I thought they said we would be able to have Batista Marcus replace regular Marcus in the campaign

Baddman said:

Beat Ori and the blind forest last night and wow it might be my favorite metroidvania of all time. Also i guess I'll ask again. Did I misunderstood the details of Batista Marcus in gears 5? I can use him in multiplayer fine but I thought they said we would be able to have Batista Marcus replace regular Marcus in the campaign

Is this it?

Baddman said:

I played Act I with Batista as Marcus. I started New Game+ and then you can add mutators and customize your experience in various ways such as using Batista. I put on Gears 2 look, forgot I put it and then spent embarassingly long time trying to fix colours on my TV lol.

I'm not sure if you have to complete campaign once before you can use customization.

Ryuu96 said:
Baddman said:

Is this it?

thanks found it

KiigelHeart said:
Baddman said:

I played Act I with Batista as Marcus. I started New Game+ and then you can add mutators and customize your experience in various ways such as using Batista. I put on Gears 2 look, forgot I put it and then spent embarassingly long time trying to fix colours on my TV lol.

I'm not sure if you have to complete campaign once before you can use customization.

Yeh I think it's with new game + as that's where I found it