By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - The Biggest Launch in Xbox History

Welcome to the new Xbox Empire! New Thread for a New Gen!

Successor to the previous Xbox Empire under myself which ended its run at 28,061 posts, formerly known as "Republic of Xbox" and ran by Shikamaru317 until he transferred it over to me, also a successor to the original Xbox Empire ran by Jaywood2010 which ended its run at 84,551 posts.

This thread like Nintendominion & Playstation Nation will serve as a hub to discuss all things related to Xbox.

Thread Contents

Post 1 - Recent News & Upcoming XGS Console Exclusives.
Post 2 - Upcoming XGS PC Exclusives & XGS Multiplatform.
Post 3 - Complete Release Schedule.
Post 4 - Community IDs & Polls.
Post 5 - Xbox Game Studios & Projects/Rumours.

Xbox Games Showcase Recap

Games

Fable Announced
Obsidian RPG 'Avowed' Announced
State of Decay 3 Announced
Forza Motorsport Announced
As Dusk Falls Announced

Services

Release Date: Holiday 2020.

About: When all hope is lost and humanity’s fate hangs in the balance, the Master Chief is ready to confront the most ruthless foe he’s ever faced. Begin anew and step inside the armour of humanity’s greatest hero to experience an epic adventure and finally explore the scale of the Halo ring itself.

Media: Announcement Trailer | Discover Hope | Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Release Date: July 28th, 2020 (Early Access), 2021 (Full Release).

About: The world is a vast, beautiful and dangerous place – especially when you have been shrunk to the size of an ant. Explore, build and survive together in this cooperative survival adventure. Can you thrive alongside the hordes of giant insects, fighting to survive the perils of the backyard?

Media: Announcement Trailer | Story Trailer | Launch Trailer 

Release Date: TBA.

About: Inspired by the beauty of the natural world around us, Everwild is a brand-new game in development from Rare where unique and unforgettable experiences await in a natural and magical world. Play as an Eternal as you explore and build bonds with the world around you.

Media: Announcement Trailer

About: Currently early in development, Forza Motorsport will run at 4K, 60 frames per second with scenes connected and dynamic. Ray tracing is coming to ForzaTech, creating a dynamic world where everything is connected – from surfaces of cars reflecting off each other, brilliant red paint reflected off of detailed track surfaces and light and shadow interplay. 

About: Obsidian Entertainment is proud to present our next epic, first-person RPG set in the fantasy world of Eora.

Media: Reveal Trailer 

About: Senua's Saga: Hellblade II - the next entry in the Hellblade franchise from developer Ninja Theory.

Release Date: TBA

About: A new beginning for the legendary franchise. Explore a land of fantastical creatures and wondrous places.

Media: Announce Trailer 

About: The next evolution in State of Decay is currently in development, bringing fans the new ultimate in zombie survival simulation.

Media: Announce Trailer 

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 September 2020

Around the Network

Release Date: TBA.

About: It's time to battle through history once more in the latest entry of the landmark Age of Empires franchise, set in the medieval era with the English and Mongols as playable factions.

Media: Announcement Trailer | Gameplay Trailer

Release Date: 2021.

About: Razputin Aquato, trained acrobat and powerful young psychic, has realized his life long dream of joining the international psychic espionage organization known as the Psychonauts! But these psychic super spies are in trouble. Their leader hasn't been the same since he was kidnapped, and what's worse, there's a mole hiding in headquarters. Raz must use his powers to stop the mole before they execute their secret plan--to bring the murderous psychic villain, Maligula, back from the dead!

Media: First Trailer | Gameplay Trailer | Gameplay Music Trailer

About: Discover Starfield, the new space epic currently in development by Bethesda Game Studios. Starfield is the first new franchise in twenty-five years from the acclaimed developers of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series.

Media: Announcement Teaser 

About: Currently in pre-production at Bethesda Game Studios, the acclaimed developers of Skyrim and Fallout 4. The highly-anticipated next chapter in the iconic The Elder Scrolls series.

Media: Announcement Teaser

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 26 September 2020

"Next Week on Xbox" Articles When Available; All US Dates; Exact Release Dates Only.

January February March
08 - 10 04 - 07 03 - 06
15 - 17 11 - 14 11 - 13
21 - 24 18 - 21 17 - 20
27 - 31 25 - 28 24 - 27

April May June
01 - 03 01 - 01 02 - 05
07 - 10 05 - 08 16 - 19
15 - 17 12 - 15 23 - 26
21 - 24 19 - 22 30 - 30
28 - 30 26 - 29  

July August September
01 - 03 04 - 07 08 - 11
07 - 10 10 - 14 15 - 18
13 - 17 18 - 21 22 - 25
21 - 24 29 - 30
28 - 31

October November December
01 - 02 03 - 06 01 - 04
05 - 09 10 - 13  
13 - 16 17 - 20  
20 - 23 23 - 27  
27 - 30    

Full Release Schedule

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 3 days ago

Gamertags

VGC Username Gamertag VGC Username Gamertag
Ryuu96 XiRyuuXi VersusEvil Versus Evil
Trunkswd TrunksWD EspadaGrim Espada Grim
Ice PHO3N1X DOWN Spade SliferCynDelta

Polls

2020 Polls

GOTY Results

Xbox Empire: GOTY 2015 Results Xbox Empire: GOTY 2016 Results Xbox Empire: GOTY 2017 Results Xbox Empire: GOTY 2018 Results
Xbox Empire: GOTY 2019 Results

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 2 hours ago

Key Staff: Bonnie Ross (Studio Head) | Frank O'Connor (Franchise Director) | Chris Lee (Project Lead)

Size: 594

Upcoming Projects
Halo Infinite (2021)

Key Staff: Marty Stratton (Studio Director) | Hugo Martin (Game Director)

Size: 265

Upcoming Projects
TBA

Key Staff: Jerk Gustafsson (Game Director) | Jens Matthies (Creative Director)

Size: 124

Upcoming Projects
Unannounced Project #1

Key Staff: Mike Crump (Studio Head) | Chuck Osieja (Creative Director)

Size: 152

Upcoming Projects
Gears of War 6 (Expected)

Key Staff: Darrell Gallagher (Studio Head) | Drew Murray (Design Director)

Size: 57

Upcoming Projects
TBA AAA IP

Key Staff: Alan Hartman (Studio Head) | Dan Greenwalt (Creative Director)

Size: 149

Upcoming Projects
Forza Motorsport (TBA)

Key Staff: Gavin Raeburn (Studio Head), Ralph Fulton (Creative Director)

Size: 269

Upcoming Projects
Forza Horizon 5 (Expected)
Fable (TBA)

Location: Rockville, US (HQ) | Austin, US | Dallas, US | Montreal, Canada

Key Staff: Ashley Cheng (Studio Head) | Todd Howard (Game Director) | Chris Mayer (Development Director)

Size: 351

Upcoming Projects
Starfield (TBA)
The Elder Scrolls VI (TBA)

Key Staff: Matt Firor (President) | Rich Lambert (Creative Director)

Size: 383

Upcoming Projects
AAA New IP (1)

Key Staff: Feargus Urquhart (Studio Head) | Tim Cain (Director) | Leonard Boyarsky (Director) | Josh Sawyer (Director)

Size: 217

Upcoming Projects
Grounded (TBA)
Avowed (TBA)
Josh Sawyer Team IP (1)

Key Staff: Brian Fargo (Studio Head) | Kevin Saunders (Director) | David Rogers (Creative Director)

Size: 100

Upcoming Projects
TBA AAA RPG (1)(2)

Key Staff: Craig Duncan (Studio Head), Gregg Mayles (Creative Director)

Size: 250

Upcoming Projects
Everwild (TBA)

Key Staff: Nina Kristensen (Studio Head), Tameem Antoniades (Creative Director), Dom Matthews (Studio Head)

Size: 107

Upcoming Projects
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II (TBA)
Project Mara (TBA)

Key Staff: Romuald Capron (Studio Director) | Harvey Smith (Studio Director)

Size: 248

Upcoming Projects
Deathloop (Q2 2021)
Unannounced IP (1)
Unannounced AAA IP (1)

Key Staff: Shinji Mikami (Founder) | Hidetoshi Yokota (Studio Director) | Kenji Kimura (Game Director)

Size: ~100

Upcoming Projects
Ghostwire: Tokyo (2021)

Key Staff: Jeff Strain (Studio Head), Philip Holt (Studio Head)

Size: 87

Upcoming Projects
State of Decay 3 (TBA)

Key Staff: Tim Schafer (Studio Head) | Zak McClendon (Designer)

Size: 75

Upcoming Projects
Psychonauts 2 (2021)

Key Staff: Guillaume Provost (Studio Head) 

Size: 60

Upcoming Projects
TBA

Key Staff: Helen Chiang (Studio Head), Jens Bergensten (Chief Creative Officer)

Size: 505

Upcoming Projects
Unannounced Projects (1)(2)

Key Staff: Chris Rhinehart (Creative Director)

Size: ~23

Upcoming Projects
TBA

Key Staff: Shannon Loftis (Studio Head)

Size: ~40

Upcoming Projects
Age of Empires IV (TBA)
Unannounced Titles (1)

Key Staff: Shawn Woods (Studio Director), Jeff Cameron (Studio Director)

Size: 13

Upcoming Projects
TBA

Key Staff: Peter Wyse (General Manager)

Size: ~100

Upcoming Projects
Flight Simulator (SX/SS Port) - TBA
Crossfire X - 2020
As Dusk Falls - 2021

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 3 days ago

Around the Network

Happy New Year/New Decade Xbots, Thread Open!

Context: In case it comes up, why the new thread? A few months back I had the idea of recreating Xbox Empire in a new thread to align with the start of the new generation, a fresh start for Xbox Empire while also putting behind ourselves the negative aspects of Gen 8 (There were a lot).

We had decided as a thread we would open it once Series X (Anaconda at the time) was revealed, which ended up getting revealed earlier than expect so instead I just decided to wait until the new year, cause what better time?

Future of Xbox is looking great and hopefully we'll build up a lot of hype in the run up to Series X launch, hopefully a much more positive and optimistic Empire this time around.

Credit to @OTBWY for the title banner! Don't forget to use the 'Subscribe to Thread' button at the top to keep track of the thread. The 'Shortcuts' for anything useful I may pin inside. Also if you want, as I'm restarting the Gamertag section, stick your Gamertags in the bottom of your comments for me to add.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 January 2020

Happy 2020! Great work @Ryuu96 for getting this new Xbox Empire thread live as the current generation winds down and the next one is now less than a year away. Great job @OTBWY on the new banner. I might have to hit you up for a banner or two for the sales articles I do, if you'd be interested. 

2020 is looking like a great year for Xbox Game Studios, with so many new releases. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Damn what a pretty thread :o

Nice work Ryuu and OTBWY

Thanks lads. Excited for the upcoming gen of Xbox. Keep the hype going!

trunkswd said:

Happy 2020! Great work @Ryuu96 for getting this new Xbox Empire thread live as the current generation winds down and the next one is now less than a year away. Great job @OTBWY on the new banner. I might have to hit you up for a banner or two for the sales articles I do, if you'd be interested. 

2020 is looking like a great year for Xbox Game Studios, with so many new releases. 

I'm (almost) always available on Discord. You know where to find me :)