By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Xbox Games Showcase Recap | Starfield, Redfall, Forza Motorsport Gameplay Reveal | Minecraft Legends, Ara History Untold, Pentiment Announced | Grounded, As Dusk Falls Release Date

Would You Like to See Another Fallout in the Original Genre?

Yes, I’d Love to Play an Isometric Fallout 1 16.67%

Yes, Isometric Fallout Is Better 0 0%

I’d Be Happy With Both 2 33.33%

I Don't Care, I Don't Like Fallout 1 16.67%

No, I Dislike Isometric Titles 1 16.67%

No, It’s Pointless, Giv... 0 0%

Give Me Isometric Fallout and More Wasteland 0 0%

Not a Mainline/Spinoff bu... 1 16.67%

Total:6
trunkswd said:

I just threw this together using the monthly sales comparison charts as a starting point. This is based on VGChartz estimates, which are based on Media Create/Famitsu. Sadly OG Xbox is before VGC existed, so we don't have weekly/monthly estimates for it. 

The Series will probably outsell the OG Xbox sometime next year. Outselling the 360 will be hard but MS should be glad if they reach a million sales there.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

The Series will probably outsell the OG Xbox sometime next year. Outselling the 360 will be hard but MS should be glad if they reach a million sales there.

After the failure of the Xbox One in Japan, it is nice to see the Xbox Series X|S having some decent enough sales. I agree outselling the Xbox 360 won't be easy without more Japanese focused games.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Watched the Colt Xbox E3 video afterall, simply because I'm bored and figured it's safe to watch since there is a 90% chance it's fake considering his track record. My impression after watching it is that it is indeed fake. Some of what he says are safe, easy predictions of things that will obviously be there. Some of what he says doesn't line up with what other leakers with better track records are saying (like Grubb and Jez). Some of what he says doesn't make any sense at all when you apply logical reasoning to it. There were 2 things he said, which were surprisingly negative about Xbox considering he usually tries to paint Xbox in as positive a light as possible, that make me think there may be accuracy to some of what he says instead of it just being a typical Xbot wet dream video, but overall I still think it's a fake leak.

Spoilers for some of what was in the video below

Spoiler!

Things he says which I found surprisingly negative for an Xbot like him:

• Claims that Starfield and Redfall were delayed because when Phil saw the gameplay demos they were prepping for the summer show, they looked nearly Halo Infinite tier rough, and Phil didn't want a repeat of that backlash, so not only did Phil delay the games, but they have been cut from full length gameplay deep dives to 1.5-2 minute long carefully curated Gameplay trailers which only showcase the best looking parts of the games
  • Claims that Fable is behind schedule and now won't release until 2024 (though will still get an in-engine trailer focused on showcasing the games environments running on ForzaTech)

Things he says which don't make logical sense

• inXile is developing a Fallout 3 and New Vegas remake collection on Unreal 5. This makes no sense for 2 reasons, 1. inXile only has like 110 devs from what I can find on LinkedIn, and a remake of 2 AAA Fallout games would require 110 devs on it's own, so how can 110 devs possibly be working on both the AAA Project Cobalt and Fallout remakes at the same time? 2. Bethesda would never sign off on changing engines from Gamebryo to Unreal 5 instead of from Gamebryo to Creation 2, as that would mean Fallout 3 and New Vegas losing their modability, as Unreal is difficult to mod.
  • The Coalition is working on a licensed game from Disney in addition to Gears 6 and Gears Collection, possibly a Mandalorian game. This just doesn't fit with what we heard previously, that their 3rd project was a AA new IP, nor does it fit with the rumors that it is Zenimax Online making a Mandalorian game.
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 27 May 2022

i bet the show is going to be shit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

You mean the shit, right? :)

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
kirby007 said:

You mean the shit, right? :)

you poor xbot believing MS will launch any games the next 2 years

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Imaginedvl said:
twintail said:

Does he even have a choice in the matter?

Still, good PR after the business insider expose. 

They do; they can just close it. (This is what I would do be honest but let's not get into that).

But at the end; you are right, this is good PR :)

They will not close it right away, it will be a year or so and then they will quietly make some excuse of combining absorbing the studio whatnot.  Do not every forget that MS is a huge corp and they have never been on the side of unions in their space.

trunkswd said:
jason1637 said:

After the failure of the Xbox One in Japan, it is nice to see the Xbox Series X|S having some decent enough sales. I agree outselling the Xbox 360 won't be easy without more Japanese focused games.

My question is, did the 360 actually sold in Japan because of Japanese games or did it sell because it brought western games to the Japanese market that was not on the Sony or Nintendo platform.

Machiavellian said:
trunkswd said:

My question is, did the 360 actually sold in Japan because of Japanese games or did it sell because it brought western games to the Japanese market that was not on the Sony or Nintendo platform.

It had 2 JRPG exclusives - Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey - from the Final Fantasy series creator Hironobu Sakaguchi.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Machiavellian said:
Imaginedvl said:

They do; they can just close it. (This is what I would do be honest but let's not get into that).

But at the end; you are right, this is good PR :)

They will not close it right away, it will be a year or so and then they will quietly make some excuse of combining absorbing the studio whatnot.  Do not every forget that MS is a huge corp and they have never been on the side of unions in their space.

Yes doing it right away would really not be very smart :) You are right, I give it a year... or so.