By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Xbox Games Showcase Recap | Starfield, Redfall, Forza Motorsport Gameplay Reveal | Minecraft Legends, Ara History Untold, Pentiment Announced | Grounded, As Dusk Falls Release Date

Would You Like to See Another Fallout in the Original Genre?

Yes, I’d Love to Play an Isometric Fallout 1 16.67%

Yes, Isometric Fallout Is Better 0 0%

I’d Be Happy With Both 2 33.33%

I Don't Care, I Don't Like Fallout 1 16.67%

No, I Dislike Isometric Titles 1 16.67%

No, It’s Pointless, Giv... 0 0%

Give Me Isometric Fallout and More Wasteland 0 0%

Not a Mainline/Spinoff bu... 1 16.67%

Total:6

Lost Sands: A Sea of Thieves Adventure | Launch Trailer - YouTube

Around the Network

Anyone else feel like this runup to an Xbox event feels odd, I'm not sure where to place my hype, Lol. It has been one of the quietest leadups to an Xbox event ever and there's still thankfully zero leaks but it's so quiet from Xbox themselves too, still don't even know the runtime. I'm looking forward to it and I refuse to temper my expectations but I'm not really feeling "hyped" but that may just be cause of everything else happening in the world. But it's so quiet, it's weird to have an Xbox event which isn't being overhyped by 'insiders' or all of it leaking weeks before.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 26 May 2022

Ryuu96 said:

Anyone else feel like this runup to an Xbox event feels odd, I'm not sure where to place my hype, Lol. It has been one of the quietest leadups to an Xbox event ever and there's still thankfully zero leaks but it's so quiet from Xbox themselves too, still don't even know the runtime. I'm looking forward to it and I refuse to temper my expectations but I'm not really feeling "hyped" but that may just be cause of everything else happening in the world. But it's so quiet, it's weird to have an Xbox event which isn't being overhyped by 'insiders' or all of it leaking weeks before.

I think the Starfield delay took the wind out of the hype a bit. Also looks like MS is doing a better job at keeping things from leaking this time around. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

It's in a weird spot. Everyone's kinda deflated by the Starfield delay, but at the same time, logically, we know that Xbox SHOULD be on the verge of entering a time period, starting next year, where we get a consistent stream of first party games.

So, with projects lined up around the block, and 2023 right around  the corner, it would be reasonable to assume there's lots for MS to potentially show us. Buuuut Xbox fans are also rather accustomed to being consistently overpromised, and underdelivered to, so...yea...weird spot. Let's see what happens.

jason1637 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I think the Starfield delay took the wind out of the hype a bit. Also looks like MS is doing a better job at keeping things from leaking this time around. 

^This. The Starfield and Redfall delays took alot of wind out of their sails, leaving them with not a single announced 1st party exclusive for 2022 currently, and leaving them with a very dejected fanbase. I think they know that any attempts to build hype for the showcase will feel hollow in the wake of those delays. At this point they are better off keeping quiet and not overhyping the show like they did with some other recent E3/Summer showcases, and containing all leaks so that the show will hopefully have some actual surprises that impress people. Though I'm not sure how many surprises we can possibly have when so many of their unannounced 1st and 2nd party exclusives already have leaked details from months or years back (Project Midnight, Project Belfry, Project Dragon, Project Shaolin, etc.).

Ryuu96 said:

I think you answered your own question. Less overhyping from trash insiders, which is good. And we already know most of Xbox's first party projects, so I doubt much will be new. 

Spade said:
Ryuu96 said:

I think you answered your own question. Less overhyping from trash insiders, which is good. And we already know most of Xbox's first party projects, so I doubt much will be new. 

Tbh knowing codenames doesn't change my excitement but yeah it's like the first time that both Xbox and insiders have shut up in years, it's weird how quiet it is, we still don't even know how long it will run for, Lol, I suppose it ain't a bad thing, it's just different.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 26 May 2022