By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Xbox Games Showcase Recap | Starfield, Redfall, Forza Motorsport Gameplay Reveal | Minecraft Legends, Ara History Untold, Pentiment Announced | Grounded, As Dusk Falls Release Date

Would You Like to See Another Fallout in the Original Genre?

Yes, I’d Love to Play an Isometric Fallout 1 16.67%

Yes, Isometric Fallout Is Better 0 0%

I’d Be Happy With Both 2 33.33%

I Don't Care, I Don't Like Fallout 1 16.67%

No, I Dislike Isometric Titles 1 16.67%

No, It’s Pointless, Giv... 0 0%

Give Me Isometric Fallout and More Wasteland 0 0%

Not a Mainline/Spinoff bu... 1 16.67%

Total:6

As a big Gears fan, I think they should end it with Gears 6/Marcus Fenix Collection and move on to a new IP. I want to see them try something new and if they want to revisit Gears in like 15 years then cool, but I want to see then try their hand at something else before going back to Gears.

Around the Network

I love Gears, and if the people at the Coalition wanna keep making Gears games, that's cool with me. That said, if it were up to me, I'd give the series a break for a while, and have them try their hand at a new IP of their own. It can still be a TPS, and let them put everything they've learned to the test, but it would allow them to be a bit more creative perhaps without risking their ire of an existing fanbase.

Well I obviously want more Gears and they already are working on a new IP....

Think people should set expectations for Coalition's new IP though.

First time it came up, it wasn't even sure whether it was a new IP or a Gears spinoff, that uncertainty lasted a while, then it was stated to be a much smaller project and it's mostly a project for Coalition to get to grips with Unreal Engine 5, I'll say again though, I wouldn't be surprised if the rumours were mixed up and it's either Gears collection or one of those tech demos they did with Epic, Lol.

If it's real then I expect it'll be along the lines of what Project Mara is to Hellblade and I think when most people say they want a new IP from The Coalition, they want it to be a new AAA IP.

Around the Network

OOOF. Inexile definitely having some fun. And lol at some of these fanboys that think the person who runs the social is also the ones that make the games. 

I looked at that Twitter and all I got was sadness when I saw Replaced is delayed to 2023.

Ride The Chariot

Wasn't he the one that's always gets interviewed aside from Joe Staten?!?

Spade said:

OOOF. Inexile definitely having some fun. And lol at some of these fanboys that think the person who runs the social is also the ones that make the games. 

It's like they think none of these studios had any games experience prior to becoming part of Xbox

gtotheunit91 said:

Wasn't he the one that's always gets interviewed aside from Joe Staten?!?

Yeah...He was Head of Design, I don't know if that included overseeing Campaign though cause he usually only spoke about Multiplayer, I know Tom French is Multiplayer Creative Director, Pierre Hintz was brought onboard at the same time as Joe to be "Project Lead" of Multiplayer and Joe went from "Project Lead of Campaign" to "Head of Creative" and Jerry was Head of Design.

Starting to wonder if there's some sort of shakeup going on in 343, a lot of senior and leads have left over the past 1-2 months.