By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Xbox Games Showcase Recap | Starfield, Redfall, Forza Motorsport Gameplay Reveal | Minecraft Legends, Ara History Untold, Pentiment Announced | Grounded, As Dusk Falls Release Date

Voted New Ip, I would rather have Inxile make Shadowrun than Arkane. But if a AAA Shadowrun is going to be made (hinted by Grubb) then I hope that it’s in 3rd Person we have way to many games in the 1st person perspective already especially in the RPG space.

Around the Network

STALKER 2 production has resumed, lost about 3 months of dev time due to the war. Chances of making the December release now are likely non-existent, best case scenario is probably Q2 2023 now.

https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84/status/1527997475591708674?t=hbqxOjRLjCSiVfcvtBJXxw&s=19

Ryuu96 said:
Barozi said:

Greetings from the US, my fellow Xbots.

????

Holiday? Moved? Lol.

Only for three weeks. I'm currently in NYC. No Xbox for me during that time :/

Guess I'm not missing out on anything right now.

At least I'll be back just in time for the MS show.

-Ignore-

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 May 2022

Gears 6 is Being Prepped for Motion Capture - SegmentNext

The unannounced but inevitable Gears 6 appears to be getting ready to begin shooting its motion-capture sequences.

According to a new job listing earlier today, The Coalition is seeking a motion capture technician to work on its Gears of War franchise where the chosen candidate will help “ensure high-quality data capture/data quality assurance during shoots” and more for what clearly is Gears 6.

Around the Network

Being from console first-party in my past, I pinged both sides, both Xbox and PlayStation, and said, "We don't have any big console deals with anyone right now. What would you like to do?" Microsoft's strategy was to focus on their own IP. They passed.

History of Video Games Vol.2 Early History of Marvel Games (Included Discussions With Activision, Microsoft & Sony) | ResetEra

Microsoft was offered a Marvel deal back in 2014 but passed on it, confirms what we all already knew though, that Microsoft doesn't really like licenses and would rather work on IP that they own, who knows if that will change if Indiana Jones is a success but I don't expect to see any Xbox Game Studios working on licenses aside from DLC such as PotC/SoT.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 May 2022

Ryuu96 said:

Being from console first-party in my past, I pinged both sides, both Xbox and PlayStation, and said, "We don't have any big console deals with anyone right now. What would you like to do?" Microsoft's strategy was to focus on their own IP. They passed.

History of Video Games Vol.2 Early History of Marvel Games (Included Discussions With Activision, Microsoft & Sony) | ResetEra

Microsoft was offered a Marvel deal back in 2014 but passed on it, confirms what we all already knew though, that Microsoft doesn't really like licenses and would rather work on IP that they own, who knows if that will change if Indiana Jones is a success but I don't expect to see any Xbox Game Studios working on licenses aside from DLC such as PotC/SoT.

What an idiotic move. Marvel approaches both, Phil turns him down, while Sony signs a Spider-Man deal which goes on to sell 20m+ copies lifetime, more than any Xbox exclusive sold this past gen. What a poor decision right out the gate by Phil when he took command of the Xbox division in 2014. Hopefully his position has changed since then, now that we've got Bethesda working on Indiana Jones and possibly a Star Wars game as well. 

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

What an idiotic move. Marvel approaches both, Phil turns him down, while Sony signs a Spider-Man deal which goes on to sell 20m+ copies lifetime, more than any Xbox exclusive sold this past gen. What a poor decision right out the gate by Phil when he took command of the Xbox division in 2014. Hopefully his position has changed since then, now that we've got Bethesda working on Indiana Jones and possibly a Star Wars game as well. 

Sony owns Spider-Man. That's why almost every Spider-Man game has been PS exclusive, not just that one title.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

It isn't idiotic, SE probably payed a ton for the licensers to the avengers GoTG and now they have sold the devs because it barely made money. 

Shaunodon said:
shikamaru317 said:

Sony owns Spider-Man. That's why almost every Spider-Man game has been PS exclusive, not just that one title.

Sony owns the movie rights to Spider-Man. Not anything else. Marvel approached Xbox and Sony about a game. Xbox declined and Insomniac was asked which Marvel character they would like to make a game on, and they chose Spider-Man. And it’s blossomed from there that’s now added Wolverine.