By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Aww not Sara Stern.....she was a huge part of Infinite's video marketing. 

I remember in the livestreams prior to launch, when it came to the Academy portion, she was the one going over it with Ske7ch, but she had bags of bags under her eyes poor lady had probably worked 36 hours straight leading up to that livestream. 

I hate 343 keeps losing senior multiplayer leadership. I know Aaron French is still there but I need to rewatch the multiplayer overview video and look at the names of everyone that interviewed to see who is actually still left now lol

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Aww not Sara Stern.....she was a huge part of Infinite's video marketing. 

I remember in the livestreams prior to launch, when it came to the Academy portion, she was the one going over it with Ske7ch, but she had bags of bags under her eyes poor lady had probably worked 36 hours straight leading up to that livestream. 

I hate 343 keeps losing senior multiplayer leadership. I know Aaron French is still there but I need to rewatch the multiplayer overview video and look at the names of everyone that interviewed to see who is actually still left now lol

Yeah, 343 has lost quite a few senior employees lately and they have quite a few job positions opened for senior roles still, even one for live service director, Lol. It's a bit concerning but I'm not surprised, I suspect a lot of these departures are frankly burnt out, I posted here a few months ago someone from 343 in their Linkedin saying he led the teams through, what was it, like 16 months of crunch? Something around that.

It's likely a reason why you keep seeing Joe bang on about team health, he doesn't want to burn out anymore employees, I know the content wait is frustrating but I don't imagine 343 is a very desirable place to work at right now and if Joe starts crunching them to get content out then you'll see even more departures and delays.

Hopefully her leaving doesn't set things back too much because I know all maps have to work with bots before they release and she is responsible for bots and we know bots will play a big part in Battle Royale, hopefully the tech is already in place for Certain Affinity to just adapt.

Do you mean Tom French? I like him a lot too, Forge was amazing thanks to him, mechanically the multiplayer is brilliant too, we just need the content!

Joe no doubt remembers the notorious crunch of Halo CE and ESPECIALLY Halo 2 development. He doesn't want to see what happened almost 20 years ago continuing to happen now. Now that he's the one leading the project, he can ensure that kind of crunch never happens again. 

Where da fuq did I get Aaron French? yes, definitely meant Tom French! Infinite has a strong foundation. Once Joe has righted the ship and the studio gets into a healthy rhythm to the point we get the content we want in a timely manner all while never overworking developers, 343 will definitely start to get the workforce they need. 

I'm shocked that Series X consoles have been available on Best Buy's website nonstop for the past week! At least here in North Texas, there's that "Add to Cart" button that alluded me for over a year and now it won't go away This is awesome!

Has Series X stock been readily available for everyone else lately too?

Opener: Starfield, the game is coming out in Nov. and there is no way they are not opening with that. It would be bad to end with it or even have it in the middle; they need to just start the show on the safest note possible.

Closer: I hope for some Avowed gameplay and even a release window. But more realistically, I'm afraid (cause I'm not a fan of it), that Gears 6 will be the one.

Ryuu96 said:

Since Diablo Immortal is also getting released on PC despite being built from the ground up for mobile with touchscreen controls, I wonder if all these mobile titles will get added to PC at the very least as well?

Blizzard learned the hard way (do you guys not have phones?) that most of their fanbase are PC gamers, so it may be in Blizzard's best interest to not leave them behind for any release. 

Around the Network

There is a garage limit in Forza Horizon games? That's annoying!

Imaginedvl said:

Opener: Starfield, the game is coming out in Nov. and there is no way they are not opening with that. It would be bad to end with it or even have it in the middle; they need to just start the show on the safest note possible.

Closer: I hope for some Avowed gameplay and even a release window. But more realistically, I'm afraid (cause I'm not a fan of it), that Gears 6 will be the one.

I definitely am conflicted on whether I would prefer Starfield be the opener or in the middle. Definitely not the closer though!

Mainly because we already know many, especially non Xbox gamers, are going to tune in mainly, if not only, for Starfield. If Xbox shows everything off for Starfield right from the start, it makes me wonder how many will just tap out because that's all they were interested in. Whereas if Starfield is in the middle of the showcase, it then gives Xbox a chance to show off a lot of what else they have in store to get these non Xbox gamers a reason to get excited for something else besides Starfield. And once they see some cool games that'll be releasing by the time it gets to Starfield's full showcase, many will most likely stick around to the end to see what awesome announcement would Xbox end on.

That being said though, I am leaning towards Starfield opening the presentation as well just so Xbox can bring down the Doomhammer and be like "yo, check out what we got!"

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 29 April 2022

Conina said:

There is a garage limit in Forza Horizon games? That's annoying!

IIRC FH4 had the same garage limit. That definitely sucks and I wonder if it's a technical limitation?

Open : Starfield
Middle : Blah, blah, ooh, blah, ooh, ooh, oh my, something, something, Forza MS, wtf is that? blah blah blah
Closing : Starfield

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.