By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Xbox Games Showcase Recap | Starfield, Redfall, Forza Motorsport Gameplay Reveal | Minecraft Legends, Ara History Untold, Pentiment Announced | Grounded, As Dusk Falls Release Date

Would You Like to See Another Fallout in the Original Genre?

Yes, I’d Love to Play an Isometric Fallout 1 16.67%

Yes, Isometric Fallout Is Better 0 0%

I’d Be Happy With Both 2 33.33%

I Don't Care, I Don't Like Fallout 1 16.67%

No, I Dislike Isometric Titles 1 16.67%

No, It’s Pointless, Giv... 0 0%

Give Me Isometric Fallout and More Wasteland 0 0%

Not a Mainline/Spinoff bu... 1 16.67%

Total:6

Transferring games from external SSD to internal SSD with 380 MB/s. Now that's what I like. RDR2 copied in under 5 minutes.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Btw. Series S was selling much much faster than Series X.

One guy took a picture 90 minutes before I got there when it was fully stocked:

Compare that to the picture I made when I got there:

3 Series X sold (mine was still standing on that pile) and at least 10 Series S sold (not sure how many piles there are on the first pic but at least 5) within 90 minutes.

Series S may very well be a beast when the holidays happen. Nice seeing it get picked up with Series X being a ready available option. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Barozi said:

Btw. Series S was selling much much faster than Series X.

One guy took a picture 90 minutes before I got there when it was fully stocked:

Compare that to the picture I made when I got there:

3 Series X sold (mine was still standing on that pile) and at least 10 Series S sold (not sure how many piles there are on the first pic but at least 5) within 90 minutes.

Nice to see Series S selling so well in Germany, seems like most other places so far the X has been selling faster, even in Japan, which I wasn't expecting since the Japanese typically prefer smaller products to larger products. 

Also, I'm laughing at the fact that none of the XB1 S units seems to have been bought between the first and 2nd pic. Whose bright idea was it to charge 260 for XB1 S when Series S is like 5x more powerful for 40 more? XB1 S should be selling for like 160 this Holiday, it was 200 last Holiday, at least in the US.

Yeah Series S is a great option to jump into next gen at an affordable price. I think its gonna do great during the holidays.

I did hope to see a bigger marketing effort for Xbox Series X in Germany but I see nothing on German TV. Sony is burning the PS5 already in everyone's head with their ads in every commercial break.

The same MS as always I guess. Trying to catch up while doing nothing outside USA/UK.At least there is Valhalla marketing.

@Ending the year for Halo with a bang

Maybe I was wrong and Halo Infinite release will be the next six month. A beta would be awesome. My favourite gaming franchise but I need new multiplayer. I already have to wait way too long in the MCC to find especially 8vs8 matches.

Around the Network

We need to fix that tagging system.

Angelus said:
Think I'll pick up the Control Ultimate Edition. I know they won't actually have the next gen upgrade out until sometime "early" next year, but I doubt I'll be able to get it cheaper than 20 bucks by then, so might as well just buy it now.Anyone here played the RE3 remake? That worth a 20?

Woah, fucking bought. Had no idea it was on sale. Was holding off on playing my disc copy for the upgraded edition, now I can get rid of it.

Does someone know some regular Xbox One games that will see benefits on Series X in regards to dynamic resolution (and I'm not talking about miniscule improvements like 1800p on Xbox One X -> 4k on Series X) or unstable framerate even without patches?

I can only really think of:

FFXV (1360p at the lowest)
Dead or Alive 6 (35-40 FPS in 4k mode)
Hitman 2 (30-40 FPS in 4k mode)

any other game that really struggled to reach anywhere close to 4k (with dynamic resolution) or 60 FPS?

I‘m currently waiting for my Seagate Storage Expansion Card. Bought it last week for 210€, should arrive tomorow.

Last edited by okr - on 20 November 2020

Barozi said:

Does someone know some regular Xbox One games that will see benefits on Series X in regards to dynamic resolution (and I'm not talking about miniscule improvements like 1800p on Xbox One X -> 4k on Series X) or unstable framerate even without patches?

I can only really think of:

FFXV (1360p at the lowest)
Dead or Alive 6 (35-40 FPS in 4k mode)
Hitman 2 (30-40 FPS in 4k mode)

any other game that really struggled to reach anywhere close to 4k (with dynamic resolution) or 60 FPS?

Pretty much every XBO game that uses a dynamic resolution will consistently stay at its max resolution on the Series X.