By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Xbox Games Showcase Recap | Starfield, Redfall, Forza Motorsport Gameplay Reveal | Minecraft Legends, Ara History Untold, Pentiment Announced | Grounded, As Dusk Falls Release Date

Would You Like to See Another Fallout in the Original Genre?

Yes, I’d Love to Play an Isometric Fallout 1 16.67%

Yes, Isometric Fallout Is Better 0 0%

I’d Be Happy With Both 2 33.33%

I Don't Care, I Don't Like Fallout 1 16.67%

No, I Dislike Isometric Titles 1 16.67%

No, It’s Pointless, Giv... 0 0%

Give Me Isometric Fallout and More Wasteland 0 0%

Not a Mainline/Spinoff bu... 1 16.67%

Total:6

Sorry but I find it slightly funny that Sony went from trying to moneyhat Starfield this very year to not knowing if Starfield is releasing on their console...Reminds me of people here demanding Microsoft retaliate to it as well.

Around the Network

I feel content with my Series X. Been playing Forza mostly... that and Doom Eternal. I have yet to migrate some stuff over from the good old superchunky XBO, which will become a media machine since I have my TiVo box plugged to it and it's occupying a separate input. OTOH, I have a feeling we ain't seen nothing yet.

I voted exceeded even though I haven't been able to pump too many hours into it yet (will change this weekend). The quietness and quick loading was most pleasant. I've tested the quick resume between 3 games I'm currently playing and all I can say is where the heck has this been all this time. I can't speak to graphics because I just now went to 4k gaming, I've been on 1080p the whole last generation. Increased frame rates though, make me tear up. Very happy so far and looking forward to the whole generation. I'm disappointed in the Halo, The Ascent, and CrossfireX delays. I'm also not sure if I'm going to do Cyberpunk in December or wait for the enhanced version. I'm scared the wait for the enhanced version is going to be longer than advertised.Was also looking forward to Immortals Fenyx Rising but knowing that all the DLC already exists and they're not including it at launch chaps my hide. I'll wait for the complete edition a year later at discount.

.....I swear I had paragraph breaks in here

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Been cleansed of Weeb xbot. Bring on Forza Horizon 5 in Japan!!!

Exceeded my expectations so far.

Coming from One S to Series X is a huge upgrade for me, although AC Valhalla is the only game I have played so far, it has moments where it looks beautiful, other moments where it isn't that impressive but it is AC, I'm sure there's much better graphical showcases, where it shines is the performance, Series X feels so damn smooth, I think my TV has VRR? so I've not experienced any screen tearing and it's just smooth AF.

The loading times are amazing too, Goddamn, I usually quickly browse my PC during load times and I can't really do that anymore.

I can't wait to replay MCC in 4K/60FPS or 1440p/120fps and usually I don't really care much about replaying titles, especially not for a graphical/performance update but I just want to finish Valhalla so I can get to MCC (not that I'm not enjoying Valhalla, it's great, I just want to play Halo at 120fps).

Library - Could be better but honestly I'm still on AC Valhalla (game is long as fuck) and I have a pretty big backlog of Game Pass titles I want to try out so I'm not too bothered, then there's Cyberpunk right around the corner, I don't think I'll have a game issue until early 2021.

Console - It's so damn quiet, I can't hear a single thing from it which is impressive, the top is 'warm' but not hot, it is also a lot nicer in person, fits nicely beside my TV, zero issues so far (knock on wood).

Controller - Already loved the Xbox One controller, this is a minor step up but in noticeable ways, the textured grips and triggers feel nice, they made it slightly smaller but I feel like it fits better in my hand, the share button is nice but the biggest upgrade is the D-Pad, it is so much better than the Xbox One D-Pad.

Around the Network

Bruh.

Ryuu96 said:
They're talking about ending the year strong cause they apparently have some Halo Infinite news soon, I'm hoping gameplay or a more precise release date, anything less won't really be ending the year strong Imo...

What if "ending the year on a high note" is a multiplayer beta for Infinite? Unlikely I'm sure, but we know the multiplayer is pretty much done at this point, it's just the poor singleplayer graphics that is holding release back. 

Spade said:
Picked the 3rd option to be a troll. But honestly, can't really comment too much. I've only played SoT. Biggest difference is the fast loading screens and silky smooth gameplay. UI is awesome and I love the controller. Hope to be on the Xbox train again once I plat Ys 8. Unrelated, but Xbox App is terrible. Fucking sad they took like 15 steps back. Captures are great though, but seriously fix that shit MS.

Love the FH5 Japan avatar, I really hope FH5 Japan is 2021. 

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:
They're talking about ending the year strong cause they apparently have some Halo Infinite news soon, I'm hoping gameplay or a more precise release date, anything less won't really be ending the year strong Imo...

What if "ending the year on a high note" is a multiplayer beta for Infinite? Unlikely I'm sure, but we know the multiplayer is pretty much done at this point, it's just the poor singleplayer graphics that is holding release back. 

That'd be good too, not sure how likely it is but it would be perfect, make it open to everyone, run the beta until campaign launch, will solve the lack of games issue for early 2021.