By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

Double Fine is looking like a smart acquisition choice for sure. They can clearly achieve great things with the whole 50 person studio working on a single bigger game instead of spreading themselves thin on multiple smaller projects, as they did for most of last generation.

Hopefully they do the Brutal Legend sequel that Tim teased he would do after Psychonauts 2. Maybe expand a little too.

When did he tease that? All I've ever heard him say is that he wants to work on new IP

Around the Network

I am just dissapointed that DF did not expanded that much. I would have been happy if they expanded and created a second team that that focused on smaller game like during the X360 days.

Pretty cool that Psychonauts 2 has such a high OpenCritic. It's rare that we get critically acclaimed 3D Platformers these days. Might have to actually try it and give it a shot.

Ryuu96 said:

Wow, 3 games we all knew are going coming to GamePass, are in fact still coming to GP! lol

Ryuu96 said:

It's how tweet embedding works, it posts the original tweet and the tweet before it, what I'm singling out is the couch image. Although I'm curious why Halo Infinite isn't on that marketing image for Game Pass Ultimate (these are official Microsoft images taken from their servers or something like that).

Because the marketing around Infinite will focus on it being F2P, rather than the campaign being on GP

Around the Network

Has there been any word on how long the XBox showcase will be today? I have a hard out at 2:30pm ET and hope I can see the whole thing live.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

Wow, 3 games we all knew are going coming to GamePass, are in fact still coming to GP! lol

I believe the important thing here is the 2 couch image. Lots of speculation about Gamepass sharing being added, the ability to share your gamepass account with another person in another house.

I can't imagine that would ever happen in that sense. It would seriously undercut their growth potential. Hell, you would start losing subscribers, because all us core gamers already subscribed would start sharing that shit with one of our friends, who probably is using the service as well already, so one of us cancels.

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

I can't imagine that would ever happen in that sense. It would seriously undercut their growth potential. Hell, you would start losing subscribers, because all us core gamers already subscribed would start sharing that shit with one of our friends, who probably is using the service as well already, so one of us cancels.

I would suspect it's only for co-op games, so for instance a friend who doesn't have Gamepass can play Back 4 Blood with a Gamepass subscriber. I would suspect the same will happen for Halo once it's co-op is added. 

That also seems like bad business to me. Part of Microsoft's whole sales pitch for how GP can actually help increase sales for certain types of games is that people without GP might see their friends playing a certain multiplayer game on there, and then they wanna get in on that action and maybe buy that game outright. Letting your friends just play with you for free makes it harder for MS to close deals to get these games on the service, because that extra sales potential is undercut. It just doesn't make sense.

Great to hear that MS is empowering these new studios they're acquiring in the right away, living up to the promises that they made these teams.

Not sure how surprising anything from Tim Shafer could ever be to me personally lol. He would have to make like a generic shooter or something for me to be shocked.

Account sharing includes Game Pass sharing so it's already possible. Just can't share it with multiple people at once.