By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I probably played more Halo in my life than most or even all who commented on this situation and co-op campaign is damn important for Halo. I really think it's hard to Imagine how 343 couldn't manage to implement everything at launch with so much manpower and time and there thas to change something in this studio because there definitely is something wrong.

But I'm still happy to get the game end of this year as long as the campaign is really finished. I don't want to wait even longer just to get in half a year what I will also get in half a year without a delay of the whole game. If the campaign would be exactly the same then release it now.

I also don't give a fuck what reviewers or Playstation fans will say which seems to be the biggest fear of some people here.

It can get a 70 Metascore because of reviewers trashing the game for this and people in a few years would still love the game so much that Halo's future would look very bright.

The game also won't sell like crazy regardless of the Metascore with a f2p multiplayer and Gamepass. So Playstation fans will trash the game with a 70 or 95 Metascore and tell you how irrelevant Halo is compared to PS games. Who gives a damn...

Around the Network

If someone feels strongly to play Halo Infinite campaign in co-op then wait the 3 months for it. But for everyone else who will play it single player like myself the 1st time like I have for every Halo game, I don't want to wait.

A supposed 343 dev posted on reddit why co-op and forge is delayed. Basically co-op has been a challenge to implement due to the open world and certain aspects like checkpoints if players decide to go separate ways and if they should tether the players together or not, plus other issues. For forge, it's an evolution of 5 and they want to make sure it launches with all the same features 5 had plus more. It might even take longer than 6 months to release. The multiplayer is very feature rich and 100% will be ready for launch.

Of course, this could be a fake account, but who knows. Either way, I do feel like the issues he mentioned for why co-op won't be at launch makes the most sense.

About the Delays - 343 Employee DEV : halo (reddit.com)

Angelus said:

I don't understand you guys. Even if you don't personally make use of certain game modes/features, you shouldn't ever want a game in a franchise you love to launch without aspects that have been core to it's identity since inception. This poll result is perfect example of why so many game companies feel perfectly ok about constantly releasing unfinished games that are often 1 step forward and 2 steps back from their predecessor.

Gamers are apparently always willing to settle for less, as long as at least some particular itch can be scratched for them here and now.

I know that Gears 5 is not Halo but it has an co-op campaign and the achievement rate of completing 1 chapter in co-op is only 7% so that means 93% didn't care and of those 7% you also have achievement hunters.

konnichiwa said:
Angelus said:

I don't understand you guys. Even if you don't personally make use of certain game modes/features, you shouldn't ever want a game in a franchise you love to launch without aspects that have been core to it's identity since inception. This poll result is perfect example of why so many game companies feel perfectly ok about constantly releasing unfinished games that are often 1 step forward and 2 steps back from their predecessor.

Gamers are apparently always willing to settle for less, as long as at least some particular itch can be scratched for them here and now.

I know that Gears 5 is not Halo but it has an co-op campaign and the achievement rate of completing 1 chapter in co-op is only 7% so that means 93% didn't care and of those 7% you also have achievement hunters.

I understand the sentiment, but that kind of statistics based approach to gaming is exactly why we don't get old school Bioware style RPGs anymore with branching morality systems or stories where you can opt for anything other than your standard boy scout save the world type. Because even though that aspect of choice is something that made those games great, and helped you feel that your playthrough was truly your own, even if you were in the majority that played like a boy scout. Sometimes you can't reduce what a game really needs down to numbers.

Last edited by Angelus - on 21 August 2021

Ryuu96 said:
smroadkill15 said:

If someone feels strongly to play Halo Infinite campaign in co-op then wait the 3 months for it. But for everyone else who will play it single player like myself the 1st time like I have for every Halo game, I don't want to wait.

A supposed 343 dev posted on reddit why co-op and forge is delayed. Basically co-op has been a challenge to implement due to the open world and certain aspects like checkpoints if players decide to go separate ways and if they should tether the players together or not, plus other issues. For forge, it's an evolution of 5 and they want to make sure it launches with all the same features 5 had plus more. It might even take longer than 6 months to release. The multiplayer is very feature rich and 100% will be ready for launch.

Of course, this could be a fake account, but who knows. Either way, I do feel like the issues he mentioned for why co-op won't be at launch makes the most sense.

About the Delays - 343 Employee DEV : halo (reddit.com)

Those Co-op issues do make a lot of sense, so maybe he's in the know, or he's making an educated guess, I'm not sure, I feel like some of it doesn't line up (in regards to Multiplayer being Pierre's baby, he only became Head of Live Service (Multiplayer) around the same time Joe Staten joined). The Forge stuff makes sense, I think the Campaign structure was always described as he is describing it to be so...? Leaning towards fake but it's either a very good troll or legit.

Also Halo does have Checkpoint problems in basically every one

It could totally be fake, and chances are it is based off the Peirre part. Either way tho, this is very likely the the reasons. 

Around the Network

I checked it with TA but now checking it on my xbox and the achievement 'compete an act in co op' has only been unlocked by 2.15% of the players =p.

Angelus said:

It's because this is Halo's "last chance" (not really) at "redemption" and people would rather defend the brand and go down with the ship than just admitting there is a hole. 

Personally I'd never say stuff like this is OK whether or not I cared about it or love the game. Didn't say it about games I liked in the past, won't say it now. Obviously if stuff like this was cared by almost no one in the community that would be different but all these features have pretty big followings (whether or not "most people don't seem to care about the forge delay"). 

And I mean, the game could be great and I think it will definitely be better received than Halo 5. But that doesn't really change my opinion on this. 

Also people acting like Forge is just a map creator to tinker with, but R.I.P. custom games variety and uniqueness

Angelus said:

I wanted no, but mainly for a reason because the game was already delayed right after the presentation where it was mentioned that it is almost ready. Another delay just to finish the features that the majority doesn't care about (despite these features always being present in previous Halo games) will hurt the game even more than not having these features at launch IMO. As for releasing unfinished games - this is of course absolutely unacceptable but unfortunately it's already a norm in 2021. All big games have been released as a 60$ early access for years. And that's why I always speak against GaaS model and digital distribution in general here. Because it leads to broken unfinished games at launch. In best case scenario GaaS model needs to go away, but we all know it ain't happening.

Ryuu96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Also people acting like Forge is just a map creator to tinker with, but R.I.P. custom games variety and uniqueness

We're not, me and Shika said that Forge is a lot more than that, Forge is like a Halo-Maker now! Halo 5 added so much, Lol. There's even an entire Halo Forge dedicated game for PC but I think that is precisely why most folk seem okay with the delay, they want it but are understanding due to the scale of it, they have SkyBox Labs leading it now, an entire studio, so I think it's safe to assume it's going to have even more significant upgrades (AI Please).

But yes it hurts Custom Games, I also mentioned that It sucks, especially with MCC receiving a Custom Games Browser recently that I want Halo Infinite to have ASAP.

I'm not necessarily talking about you though as much as the framing of other people's thoughts, rather the line of thinking that produces the minimization I've seen in this thread because "most people don't seem that bothered with forge not being there": a lot of that is BECAUSE people aren't considering custom games.

I feel as a result when you say stuff like that it's super disingenuous.