By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
derpysquirtle64 said:
Barozi said:

eh couldn't finish it in under 20h after all. Was surprised how difficult the fight at the end of chapter 13 was.

I beat him but then went on to do some grinding before tackling chapter 14. Royal Edition also includes 3 or 4 more story bosses before the final boss fight.

It was really fast completion from you. I’ve tried to find the screenshot of my end game but it looks like it wasn’t uploaded to XBL, so it was lost with the VHS Xbone it seems. But I definitely remember that my party was around level 60 when I’ve beaten the game.

Barozi said:

Depends on what you think the final boss is.

Of the story? Well no he was really easy. Much easier than the ones directly before him.

There is also additional post-game tortoise boss which is LVL 99. You can try to take on him if you want to spend hours of button mashing

After beating the main boss I went on to gather the remaining royal arms and got an enormous amount of XP (like 200k). Cashed it all in at the 3x multiplier hotel and got straight from level 41 to 65.

And yes I've just beaten the lvl 99 tortoise boss. He can easily be downed with the Ring of the Lucii. No button mashing required. I just went from one warp point to another to replenish my MP and held the attack button until he was down. Took a while but he couldn't cause any damage.

I've basically done all the misc stuff now. I will probably skip the ones that require grinding (leveling skills or doing 80 sidequests) and focus on the DLCs now.

Around the Network

Something which annoys me in the Xbox App for PC is that I can't make my own lists or sort the games like I want to. I can say something like "move it to the top of the list" but why can't I just drag and drop the games in the list like I want to. When I install a new game it is on top of the list even if I only want it to be somewhere at the end because I always want the same games on top (MCC, Forza and so on)

dx11332sega said:

Xbox Empire recommend some Gamepass Ultimate games? from the Indie Side.

From the best:

- Hollow Knight

- Slay the Spire

- Ori 1 and 2

- Yes, Your Grace

- What Remains of Edith Finch

- Children of Morta

- Darkest Dungeon

- The Ascent

Does anyone elses xbox's crash when playing backwards compatible games? Every 10 hours of gameplay or so my series s freezes a game with a loud buzzing noise for a couple of seconds and then I crash to dashboard. AFAIK only had it happen on Xbox one/360 games. My Xbox one did the same thing when playing fallout 3. My series S has done it in Far Cry 3, CTR, Jedi Fallen Order, Tropico 4... Probably more.

Don't think it's happened in a series X/S game but haven't played too much of them.

Barozi said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

It was really fast completion from you. I’ve tried to find the screenshot of my end game but it looks like it wasn’t uploaded to XBL, so it was lost with the VHS Xbone it seems. But I definitely remember that my party was around level 60 when I’ve beaten the game.

Barozi said:

Depends on what you think the final boss is.

Of the story? Well no he was really easy. Much easier than the ones directly before him.

There is also additional post-game tortoise boss which is LVL 99. You can try to take on him if you want to spend hours of button mashing

After beating the main boss I went on to gather the remaining royal arms and got an enormous amount of XP (like 200k). Cashed it all in at the 3x multiplier hotel and got straight from level 41 to 65.

And yes I've just beaten the lvl 99 tortoise boss. He can easily be downed with the Ring of the Lucii. No button mashing required. I just went from one warp point to another to replenish my MP and held the attack button until he was down. Took a while but he couldn't cause any damage.

I've basically done all the misc stuff now. I will probably skip the ones that require grinding (leveling skills or doing 80 sidequests) and focus on the DLCs now.

Probably I was doing something wrong but the tortoise took me 2 or even 3 hours to beat with high 60-levels party.

Zippy6 said:

Does anyone elses xbox's crash when playing backwards compatible games? Every 10 hours of gameplay or so my series s freezes a game with a loud buzzing noise for a couple of seconds and then I crash to dashboard. AFAIK only had it happen on Xbox one/360 games. My Xbox one did the same thing when playing fallout 3. My series S has done it in Far Cry 3, CTR, Jedi Fallen Order, Tropico 4... Probably more.

Don't think it's happened in a series X/S game but haven't played too much of them.

I doubt it’s related to B/C. It rarely happened to me with Xbox One games on Xbox One. Not sure what the fix might be as it is a random occurrence.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

Don't recall it happening to me. And I play a lot of BC (Final Fantasy 13/13-2, Splinter Cell, etc..)

Zippy6 said:

No. The only backwards compat game I know that will consistently crash your Xbox during long play sessions is Civ 6. Shouldn't be happening for anything else that I'm aware of.

Ryuu96 said:
Zippy6 said:

Like, 10 hours total or 10 hours of straight gameplay? Lol.

Personally, I would be concerned about that loud buzzing noise and get in touch with Xbox support, maybe send it back and get a replacement, it'll still be in warranty.

The buzzing comes through the speakers, not the console itself so I'm not too worried by it. It's weird that both my Xbox one and series s have had the same thing cause I haven't heard of someone else get the same sound when there games crash, and it comes through every tv or even headphones in the controller jack.

Not 10 hours straight, it just randomly happens,  just a guess on how frequent it happens. Might be less often. I have a feeling quick resume makes it more likely to happen.

Oh well it's not that bad, I think I played through all of far cry new dawn without a single crash. Just something puzzling.

I have warranty but I feel like they'll just say "it's fine" if they have to play 10-20 hours before maybe seeing it crash.

Ryuu96 said:
Zippy6 said:

The buzzing comes through the speakers, not the console itself so I'm not too worried by it. It's weird that both my Xbox one and series s have had the same thing cause I haven't heard of someone else get the same sound when there games crash, and it comes through every tv or even headphones in the controller jack.

Not 10 hours straight, it just randomly happens,  just a guess on how frequent it happens. Might be less often. I have a feeling quick resume makes it more likely to happen.

Oh well it's not that bad, I think I played through all of far cry new dawn without a single crash. Just something puzzling.

I have warranty but I feel like they'll just say "it's fine" if they have to play 10-20 hours before maybe seeing it crash.

Oh, I would agree that the buzzing isn't really anything to worry about in that case, I have actually had something like that coming from my speakers thinking about it and I'm fairly certain it is just the audio getting stuck on a weird messed up loop cause the game has crashed.

Quick resume, maybe? Tbh I do think Quick Resume is pretty buggy from what I've read about others experiences but I can't recall hearing it causing crashes.

But yeah, Idk, my Series X has also crashed quite a few times across multiple games so it may just be something 'normal' and might not be an issue with the console, just a minor annoyance. Not sure what they would say but definitely get in touch if it becomes more frequent.

I'm assuming you've tried the typical stuff like a Hard Reset?

I did one hard reset since getting it, that was when none of my games would even boot. I guess it's just normal crashes that happen with everyone's consoles, it's just the sound that threw me. Like my PS4 had a few game crashes in it's time but there was no sound and there's at least an error message. With my Xbox I just get the buzzing through the speakers and then thrown to dashboard with no message so it made me wonder if there was a problem with my Xbox.

I probably just play buggy games, like oblivion and far cry 3 classic and combined with constant quick resume cause I only play a couple of games at a time my crashes are more frequent than most probably.

Ryuu96 said:
Zippy6 said:

Oh, I would agree that the buzzing isn't really anything to worry about in that case, I have actually had something like that coming from my speakers thinking about it and I'm fairly certain it is just the audio getting stuck on a weird messed up loop cause the game has crashed.

Quick resume, maybe? Tbh I do think Quick Resume is pretty buggy from what I've read about others experiences but I can't recall hearing it causing crashes.

But yeah, Idk, my Series X has also crashed quite a few times across multiple games so it may just be something 'normal' and might not be an issue with the console, just a minor annoyance. Not sure what they would say but definitely get in touch if it becomes more frequent.

I'm assuming you've tried the typical stuff like a Hard Reset?

Yea...idk about all that. I've played almost 60 games this year for hundreds of hours, left pretty much all of them on quick resume, and only had my Series X crash once. My brother has put a similar amount of hours on his, and the only game that's caused him serious issues is Civ 6, which seems to have some kind of real problem on Xbox, particularly with the expansions active.