By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
trunkswd said:
Welfare said:

Hi!

Yeah, been busy responding to people on Twitter.

Hi Welfare! I would be one of those people you are responding to on Twitter. 

I've been here a while, I know you, that's why I followed on Twitter!

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

@Ryuu96 don't yell at me, but I am streaming on Twitch with some Flight Sim - https://twitch.tv/trunkswd/

I'm sorry, couldn't resist.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

So did anyone here get in?

I DID!! Woot, just received the email :) Looks like I will receive more details in another email (for the installation probably).
I'm super excited! I opted for both Xbox and PC. So with the email, so far I'm not sure which one I will be installing (does not really matter).

Here is the text:

Congratulations! You’ve been chosen to participate in the upcoming Halo Infinite multiplayer technical preview this weekend, July 29 - August 1! This email is to confirm your selection and inform you that you will receive all the details for this flight, including instructions on how to download your pre-release build, in the next few days via email and Waypoint message.

Please make sure to keep an eye out for your invitation email and visit www.halowaypoint.com for the latest information on Halo Infinite flights. To learn more about our goals, process, and what you can expect with the technical preview, please check out our latest Inside Infinite blog

We’ll see you on the battlefield this weekend, Spartan.

trunkswd said:

Yes I did crash...a few times LOL

Your pyramid flyover with the sun setting was great.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

trunkswd said:

You really have flown all over the world. Good to know I shouldn't get too crazy low. 

It depends, it still fun to go urban canyon flying :)

And bridges, the best one is in Tokyo

Recommend to turn damage off before doing that :)

It's on the west side of the city, Rainbow bridge

Around the Network

All my world update are partially installed, and like the orbis flying eye hospital it says package failed. Server issues?

How do u get the world updates on series x? Where do u go to get it?. I have only done the 27gb patch. 

konnichiwa said:

All my world update are partially installed, and like the orbis flying eye hospital it says package failed. Server issues?

konnichiwa said:

How do u get the world updates on series x? Where do u go to get it?. I have only done the 27gb patch. 

konnichiwa said:

konnichiwa said:

Ryuu96 said:

Where y'all flying first? And don't say your homes

First one was actually New York City. Didn't have the world update installed but it already looked really good.

Then went to my current home town which wasn't very accurate (kinda obvious). Continued from there to Cologne which was alright (Cathedral looked good, but the main station next to it was completely flat). Germany update is coming so they might fix that.

Checked out San Fransisco next but as I never was there, I can't really tell if it's a good rendition or not (again without US world update).

This was all yesterday. Today I've taken a look at Hong Kong which thus far is probably my biggest disappointment. The AI seems to have quite a bit of trouble recognizing buildings and flora when they're on a hill. Lots of completely flat spaces between high rises on Hong Kong Island. Some recognizable buildings are correctly modelled but others are missing. Also the standard model for the residential towers that are all over the city don't really fit.

Went on to see Taipei which looks better than I expected after seeing Hong Kong. I was surprised to see a good model of the National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall but extremely disappointed that they have no specific model for the Taipei 101, which is one of the most recognizable skyscrapers in the world.

Going to Seoul next, which will conclude my last vacation before Corona.

EDIT:

Yeah Seoul also needs some work. The palace area is just a row of regular buildings, Lotte World Tower looks meh and the TV Tower on Mt Namsan is missing completely.

Last edited by Barozi - on 28 July 2021

dane007 said:

konnichiwa said:

konnichiwa said:

From the main menu go to the Marketplace on the top row. Then one row below it you can click on the World Updates tab.