By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I mean, honestly, if a game like Overwatch can not only be nominated, but win GotY, then there's no reason that a racing game can't also at least be nominated. Obviously, they usually prefer to recognize games with some kind of meaningful story campaign, but like...there's a reason you have a category for best narrative. Great games are great, and deserve to be recognized as such, even if they're not built to be narratively driven.

Around the Network

I'm tempted to give Sea of theives another try due to the Pirate of the Caribbean update. Hopefully this time I'll be able to figure out just wtf to do because I had no idea what to do last time I tried it.

Baddman said:

I'm tempted to give Sea of theives another try due to the Pirate of the Caribbean update. Hopefully this time I'll be able to figure out just wtf to do because I had no idea what to do last time I tried it.

The Pirates of the Caribbean seems to be a campaign/story update so it should be pretty straightforward or linear. 

So I wanted to make some space for upcoming games and noticed I still had inXile's The Bard's Tale IV installed since it came to GamePass.
Decided to try it before deleting it. That was 4 days ago, now I'm about to start the final quest lol. Much better game than I thought (still has a noticeable low budget and a few issues). I know InXile is busy now with other projects but I wouldn't mind a sequel.

Pete Hines confirmed that BGS Austin is working on a unannounced game and that ZOS is working on one next gen game with a brand new engine (there we’re rumors of two projects).

Around the Network

Been playing Yakuza Like a Dragon for about 3 hours now.
First impression is pretty good. Fighting system has potential but with only one party member atm it's not really tactical.

On the technical side it's what you'd expect from a cross-gen game (or rather a next gen port from a late last gen game). Actually, this is how the Kiwami games and Yakuza 6 should have looked like. 60 FPS and higher resolution. Everything else looks pretty much identical to those last gen games. There are still plenty of low res textures in the game, they haven't been working on NPCs at all and animations are also copy paste. Even main character models don't look better than those of previous Yakuza games.

I like the quality of life improvements. A single press on the A button now makes you run instead of holding A (no stamina limitation either). Also loading times take roughly 1 second now.

I really hope there are more than 5 maps at launch. One of the biggest issues with Halo 5's multiplayer was the lack of maps made by 343i.

jason1637 said:
Baddman said:

The Pirates of the Caribbean seems to be a campaign/story update so it should be pretty straightforward or linear. 

aah cool. I really wanted to get into this game with my son I think he'd enjoy it

Ryuu96 said:
jason1637 said:

I really hope there are more than 5 maps at launch. One of the biggest issues with Halo 5's multiplayer was the lack of maps made by 343i.

Of course there will be more, it's 5 maps so far 

They don't typically reveal all their maps at the same time, they'll be at Comic Con for example, could reveal a map there, Gamescom, when they announce the beta, etc. Plenty of opportunities to reveal more.

I mean iirc Halo 5 had like 7 or so new Arena maps at launch.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3rpnqh/halo_5_maps_by_the_numbers/

Halo 5 launched with 6 new Arena maps.

Ryuu96 said:

My ideal would be like

10 Arena
5 BTB
2 Warzone Firefight

At launch

I don't care if Warzone doesn't return or not, I've always preferred BTB and the increase in players is nice (although I wish it was more), but I do really want Warzone Firefight to return, or a Firefight in general, I don't think it will happen at launch though.

Since it’s F2P I expect 9 or 10 total maps. Hoping for more though. 19 maps would be ideal.