By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

Microsoft's censorship of Gal*Gun is costing them even more games:

Total shame about this. The game looks very similar to SEGA's Hatsune Miku games which are good rhythm games not present on Xbox. Rhythm games in general is something that Xbox is not getting at all tbh, so it would have been a nice addition to get this game in Xbox library.

kenjab said:

Just finished Nier:Automata and enjoyed it quite a lot. I never played the original Nier so I'm interested in the Nier Replicant updated version coming out in a couple months, but from what I've seen the original Nier was not nearly as well received as Automata. Can anyone who's played both let me know their thoughts on the original and if they recommend it? Do we know if the new Replicant will have any changes from the original that will improve the game (aside from graphics updates)? I doubt this new Replicant will come to Game Pass anytime soon so trying to decide if it'll be worth purchasing separately.

I liked it more than Automata overall and totally agree with @DeusXmachina 's opinion - one of the best games ever made. I'm definitely getting the updated version at launch and it is my most anticipated game at the moment. On the other hand, as I see, this updated version is being made quite cheap and unfortunately I have a bad feeling that it might look and play even worse than original. But we will see.

Around the Network

What a lovely feeling.. every single Minecraft achievement unlocked by playing legit. Pre-made achievement worlds? Gtfo..

Trading for 1000 emeralds took a while but it was quite fun actually. Hope they'll bring the next update soon.

Rumors that Microsoft has bought the publishing rights for Payday 3 from Starbreeze and will be exclusive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/lon52g/payday_3_looking_for_a_publisher_reports_say_xbox/

Starbreeze has had major money trouble these past few years due to crap management.

coolbeans said:
EspadaGrim said:

Rumors that Microsoft has bought the publishing rights for Payday 3 from Starbreeze and will be exclusive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/lon52g/payday_3_looking_for_a_publisher_reports_say_xbox/

Starbreeze has had major money trouble these past few years due to crap management.

I think they were (or still are) in legal trouble with Sweden.

It really sucks to see one of my favorite Euro developers transform into this weird husk of a fumbling publishing house.  I have a feeling some of the recents (Playtonic Friends, etc.) who've taken this route will discover that publishing is not that simple.

I agree with you on Playtonic as I had the same reaction, Things started to fall apart for Starbreeze after Syndicate bombed and then they made a string of baffling dumb decisions. I hear that at least they are almost done paying off their debt.

I didn’t know that Fatshark actually self published Vermintide 1 & 2 and are self publishing Darktide too. With the working relationship that they currently have with MS they could be a realistic acquisition because they are a private company that is small and they don’t own any big IP, I’m surprised that Embracer haven’t gobbled them up yet.

They would also be a perfect partner to make a Halo Flood L4D type game.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Microsoft's censorship of Gal*Gun is costing them even more games:

Grrr... 

I don't care about potential backlash from SJWs, Phil needs to stop the bleeding in terms of censorship. 

kenjab said:

Just finished Nier:Automata and enjoyed it quite a lot. I never played the original Nier so I'm interested in the Nier Replicant updated version coming out in a couple months, but from what I've seen the original Nier was not nearly as well received as Automata. Can anyone who's played both let me know their thoughts on the original and if they recommend it? Do we know if the new Replicant will have any changes from the original that will improve the game (aside from graphics updates)? I doubt this new Replicant will come to Game Pass anytime soon so trying to decide if it'll be worth purchasing separately.

I could never understand what made Nier so good. It's like Persona to me: big games I couldn't really get or like because everything is, in many ways, stuff I hate. 

Having been part of a few companies either being bought or purchasing a company, I can definitely state that until the deal is done and all the red tape is out of the way, you will not see anything as far as MS strategy towards Bethesda until then. Even the company I work for now was bought out by another company and we did not do any work until the sale was final.

The big wigs do plan out what is going to happen and especially with certain products but the work cannot happen until final sale. I really would not expect to see anything happen right away as I am sure there will be tons of work just integrating Bethesda within MS and MS probably will most likely not change up anything within the short term. Getting Bethesda into gamepass probably will be something done right away, expecting any games in production now to suddenly be first party only probably going to be more wishful thinking. Those games, the cost of development and so forth and their sales projection probably were all included within the price and MS as a company probably not really set to just throw any project out the window if they already been in production for a long time.

Also MS deal may be to still let Bethesda operate independently but make sure all their games are day one release on gamepass. Do not forget that all of these purchase is to further gamepass and get more subs. Stopping those games from selling at retail actually isn't a very smart move. The value of gamepass becomes much better if you can show that if there are 2 games from Bethesda you would play which cost 70 bones but then you get Gamepass and you get them all well price advantage becomes huge.

I really do not believe that MS will make Bethesda games that are already multiplatform exclusive so that means your Doom, Fallout, Elder Scrolls etc. Instead any new game under development is fair game and I can definitely see MS asking for a few high quality maybe AAA or AA games exclusive to the PC and Xbox platform.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

ACG said he wasn't talking about Techland and doesn't know where that even came from, still reiterates there is an exclusive coming but he wasn't talking about Techland at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU8TAl2CyAs&ab_channel=LastStandMedia

Lul...

So either, ACG is wrong, Xbox Era is wrong, both are wrong or Microsoft is acquiring two studios.

I believe the list of privately owned AAA capable studios I worked out who could maybe release an exclusive in 2021, minus Techland and Gearbox, was:

• Rebellion (high possibility of Sniper Elite 5 releasing in 2021 as it has been in development for 4 years already)
  • Crytek (possibility of a AAA exclusive releasing in 2021 if they still have 2 AAA capable teams)
  • Valve (very unlikely, as they would be very expensive and it is doubtful they could have a AAA releasing in 2021)
  • Quantic Dream (while they are AAA capable and their next-game is planned to be full multiplat, it is very unlikely that they would switch from Sony 2nd party to MS 1st party in the span of just a few years)
  • Supermassive Games (while they are AAA capable, their 2021 Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes is another AA game, so it is unlikely this is the studio ACG is talking about)
  • Avalanche Games (While they do have a AAA team, it is unlikely to be the studio ACG is talking about because Just Cause 5 is likely to be a 2022 release, not 2021, and Avalanche's other 2 teams, one of which is already releasing an Xbox exclusive in 2021, are AA teams)

Out of all of those, Rebellion definitely feels the most likely to me now, because we know they have multiple teams and we know that Sniper Elite 4 was released 4 years ago, which suggests that the Sniper Elite team has had 4 years to build Sniper Elite 5 (and indeed, their PR manager teased the game would be announced in 2020, but it never was, presumably due to a Covid delay). Crytek is probably 2nd most likely because if they still have 2 AAA capable teams, the 2nd team could possibly release a new Crysis, a new AAA IP, or even Ryse 2 in 2021, but if they don't still have 2 AAA teams than it's not possible, because they just released Hunt: Showdown in 2019.

Avalanche actually has 2 AAA teams one in New York and the other in Sweden and two subsidiaries that are AA in size.

Ryuu96 said:

ACG said he wasn't talking about Techland and doesn't know where that even came from, still reiterates there is an exclusive coming but he wasn't talking about Techland at all.

Lul...

So either, ACG is wrong, Xbox Era is wrong, both are wrong or Microsoft is acquiring two studios.

It just mean that Ed from Era was wrong he explained his reasoning and to be fair to him he only said that he believes that ACG was referring to Techland because he asked around and some of his sources told him that ACG has friends or connections in Techland so he just assumed, this means that we can rule out Techland right now and it’s another Studio.

EspadaGrim said:
Ryuu96 said:

Lul...

It just mean that Ed from Era was wrong he explained his reasoning and to be fair to him he only said that he believes that ACG was referring to Techland because he asked around and some of his sources told him that ACG has friends or connections in Techland so he just assumed, this means that we can rule out Techland right now and it’s another Studio.