By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Rumors now that Brandon Alder’s project at Obsidian is a Conker game, lol could you imagine

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/lnniu1/it_is_being_a_new_conker_developed_by_obsidian/

Just finished Nier:Automata and enjoyed it quite a lot. I never played the original Nier so I'm interested in the Nier Replicant updated version coming out in a couple months, but from what I've seen the original Nier was not nearly as well received as Automata. Can anyone who's played both let me know their thoughts on the original and if they recommend it? Do we know if the new Replicant will have any changes from the original that will improve the game (aside from graphics updates)? I doubt this new Replicant will come to Game Pass anytime soon so trying to decide if it'll be worth purchasing separately.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Ryuu96 said:

Hmm, some stuff in that tweet chain, is a bit curious, some stuff I don't think is connected at all, I'm not sure how that commercial creature relates to Conker at all? It looks nothing like Conker or anything out of Conker.

Do we know why Obsidian and Rare visited each other in person? Did other studios do it? Was Brandon Adler there?

If Conker does ever come back though, it needs a British writer.

Not going to get my hopes up.

If it’s a collaboration between both studios then it could work, after what 15 people were able to accomplish with Grounded I believe that Obsidian could do almost anything with the right backing.

kenjab said:

Just finished Nier:Automata and enjoyed it quite a lot. I never played the original Nier so I'm interested in the Nier Replicant updated version coming out in a couple months, but from what I've seen the original Nier was not nearly as well received as Automata. Can anyone who's played both let me know their thoughts on the original and if they recommend it? Do we know if the new Replicant will have any changes from the original that will improve the game (aside from graphics updates)? I doubt this new Replicant will come to Game Pass anytime soon so trying to decide if it'll be worth purchasing separately.

The original Nier is one of my favorite games of all time.

The story is amazing and the soundtrack too. The only problems were the poor visuals and the combat.

The visuals will obviously be better and Square Enix said they'll improve the combat as well.

Around the Network

Didn’t know that MachineGames developed Wolfenstein: New Order with less than 100 people, they were 50 staff in 2013 when the game was originally supposed to release but got pushed back to a 2014 release to further polish the game.

Machine and Tango are two of Bethesda studios that I hope expand when the deal is complete.

Project GR looks kinda cool, wonder how big the Korean Xbox scene will grow. It's a good thing MS is already onboard with Gamepass deals, seems like they could give more info to indie and smaller devs there though lol.

if the obsidian making a new conker thing ends up being true then then that would be really exciting to see them trying new genres, first a survival game then a platformer 

with the microsoft acquisition they don't even have to worry about it anymore either so it's probably more possible than ever 

Far Cry 4 feels so smooth now.
And it's still very decent looking!

God I hope more games will take advantage of the FPS boost soon.

Ryuu96 said:

+

1:09:15 - Jeff Grubb says he thinks Microsoft will have an 'event' when the Bethesda deal closes, his understanding is that this will be one of the milestones leading up to E3 and they'll talk about it in a big way, he doesn't know if it will be in a 'Direct' style way but they'll talk about it and go into detail on everything relating to Bethesda joining Microsoft.

Thinks in Mid-March.

They better announce Exclusivity at this event, with Sony getting Silent Hill as an exclusive all but confirmed it also appears that the MGS remake exclusive is true as well.

Phil better better not be giving Sony any favors at all.