By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

Average game the last few years have been 60-80GBs. Next gen average is gonna be at least 120-130 a few years in.

Has it been? I thought I've noticed the sizes getting a bit smaller the last few years, thanks to developers getting better at compressing the files. For instance Capcom just announced Res 3 Remake + the Resistance multiplayer mode will only be about 43GB on Xbox One, with Res 3 Remake only taking up 22 GB if you choose not to install the multiplayer. 

Checking Xbox Store right now, I see FIFA 20 at 42 GB, Madden 20 at 43 GB, NFS Heat at 28 GB, Sekiro at 12 GB, Plants vs Zombies BFN at 24 GB, Jedi Fallen Order at 48 GB, Far Cry 5 at 46 GB, The Outer Worlds at 36 GB, Greedfall at 12 GB, Kingdom Hearts 3 at 37 GB, Mortal Kombat 11 at 48 GB. 

The main problem seems to be some of the open world games. Some, like Witcher 3 aren't huge, it comes in at a surprisingly small 40 GB, but AC Odyssey with DLC is 140 GB, RDR2 is 101 GB. Many others falling 60-70 GB range. There's also CoD MW at a ridiculous 150 GB, and that's not an open world game, I guess Acti hasn't heard of compression (it's double the file size of DICE's Battlefield V). 

Since I've just bought the gold edition of AC Odyssey, I can tell you that the base game is 66GB, the DLCs are 30GB and the AC3 remaster (that also includes AC3 Liberation) is 45GB (=~140GB in total). I don't think the sizes for Odyssey and the remaster should be combined for this comparison.
Also RDR2 is currently 119GB.

But I agree with you. The average file size is in the 30s to 40s.

Around the Network

Well the best selling games are last gen games GTAV/Minecraft

At first, I didn't like the design of the Series X but I've warmed up to how it looks and even would go as far as to say I like it.

shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

CD Projekt RED?! Okay, not likely with how much that would cost Microsoft. 

It's actually mind-boggling how much CD Projekt is worth, most likely thanks to GOG profits. Their market cap is currently $7.2b USD. That's more than Capcom ($3.79b), Sega ($3.36b), and Koei Tecmo ($3.41b), and not far behind Ubisoft ($8.4b). That rumor was always highly unlikely, as amazing a developer as CDP is, that is just too expensive for any single studio, only way MS would even consider it is if they hoped that combining GOG with Windows Store would be enough to take the PC digital distribution battle to Valve and Epic as a legitimate 3rd contender, or if they were able to seperate CD Projekt Red, the developer, from CD Projekt S.A., leaving CD Projekt S.A. with GOG, where most of their profits come from, while MS gets CD Projekt Red as a 1st party developer of system selling exclusives. But both scenarios are highly unlikely. 

GOG is pretty "small". The whole revenue of CDP was only 85 million euros in 2018 and 110 million in 2017. GOG had a revenue of around 30 million euros in 2018 and made pretty much nothing in profits. This will obviously change with the release of Cyber Punk but yeah... not sure where you get from that GOG is such a huge money printer. 

CDP is worth a lot for how small the company is compared to other developers worth the same or even less. 

Their financial statement for 2018:

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2019/03/consolidated-financial-statement-of-cd-projekt-capital-group-in-2018-1.pdf

(much of it only in Zloty but some key numbers are also in euro)

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 04 January 2020

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:
I definitely have high hopes for the Fable reboot. We've heard rumors of them combining classic Fable concepts with Horizon: Zero Dawn like gameplay, and that sounds like a winner to me. Graphics should be fantastic as an Xbox Series/PC exclusive, running on Unreal 4. Hopefully they nail the art style, not too realistic, not too cartoony, the concept art so far has been perfect art style wise.

And most importantly, letting you fart on people.

4K 60fps farts

Around the Network

Yeah I was always under the impression that GOG is the reason for CD Projekt's high market cap.
No way the Witcher series is the sole reason for that.

Here's what I want from Microsoft:

1) A less sarcastic Fable/Zelda like game. AAA quality to compete with Zelda. No one is really challenging Zelda in their realm and I think both games competing with each other could push both companies to create many masterpieces going forward.

2) Banjo Threeie on Gamepass and Switch (if Switch doesn't get Gamepass).

3) Minecraft 2. Massive leap in visuals, draw distance, functions. Disney bought Star Wars and made some games, a lot of movies, and a massive amount of books. Microsoft bought Mojang and made MC spinoffs and just updated the game. I want a huge leap forward here.

4) Buy Command and Conquers ip from EA and give them the bird while you're at it. They don't know what I'm Earth they are doing. They are a buggy nightmare on EA store with glitches coming up to your ears. Make C&C great again.

6) Halo Kart. Massive heads and little adorable bodies of all the species of covenants, flood, humans, forerunners, etc. Make it hilarious and adorable. Spiritual sequel to Diddy Kong Racing by Rare.

shikamaru317 said:
crissindahouse said:

GOG is pretty "small". The whole revenue of CDP was only 85 million euros in 2018 and 110 million in 2017. GOG had a revenue of around 30 million euros in 2018 and made pretty much nothing in profits. This will obviously change with the release of Cyber Punk but yeah... not sure where you get from that GOG is such a huge money printer. 

CDP is worth a lot for how small the company is compared to other developers worth the same or even less. 

Their financial statement for 2018:

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2019/03/consolidated-financial-statement-of-cd-projekt-capital-group-in-2018-1.pdf

(much of it only in Zloty but some key numbers are also in euro)

If GOG is that sure I'm really baffled by how valuable their shares are. That $7.2b market cap is massive considering their last big release was nearly 5 years ago. Supposedly Gwent and Thronebreaker both performed under expectations for CD Projekt, and they are cancelling support for Gwent on consoles because it is just too expensive to keep it running for the low amount of players on console. Could the promise of Cyberpunk alone really be keeping CD Projekt's value at roughly double that of Capcom, Sega, and Koei Tecmo? 

Well, might be like with Tesla. Tesla is also just a fraction of what the big car manufacturers are. Especially if it comes to profits (which are still rare and not even close to what Tesla lost already) but they are still worth more than BMW, Ford, General Motors and almost even more than Volkswagen (which they might overtake in some weeks/months)

Volkswagen is the biggest car manufacturer right now and has profits almost as high as Tesla's revenue is. 

It's just the dream/expectation that it might be something huge in years. Sure, it can happen but it's not for certain that Tesla will ever be as big as some other car manufacturers. 

CDP's future looks bright right now. That's probably already a huge part of their worth. 

Dulfite said:
Here's what I want from Microsoft:

1) A less sarcastic Fable/Zelda like game. AAA quality to compete with Zelda. No one is really challenging Zelda in their realm and I think both games competing with each other could push both companies to create many masterpieces going forward.

2) Banjo Threeie on Gamepass and Switch (if Switch doesn't get Gamepass).

3) Minecraft 2. Massive leap in visuals, draw distance, functions. Disney bought Star Wars and made some games, a lot of movies, and a massive amount of books. Microsoft bought Mojang and made MC spinoffs and just updated the game. I want a huge leap forward here.

4) Buy Command and Conquers ip from EA and give them the bird while you're at it. They don't know what I'm Earth they are doing. They are a buggy nightmare on EA store with glitches coming up to your ears. Make C&C great again.

6) Halo Kart. Massive heads and little adorable bodies of all the species of covenants, flood, humans, forerunners, etc. Make it hilarious and adorable. Spiritual sequel to Diddy Kong Racing by Rare.

I don't see a point in Minecraft 2. There are simply some games that don't need sequels and Minecraft is one of them. They can just update it infinitely.
Besides, there is much more money to be made in Minecraft as the user base is gigantic.

C&C is not worth the money. EA would surely ask a lot for it and RTS games aren't exactly known to sell a shit ton of copies. Except for StarCraft maybe.

Ryuu96 said:

1%????

The 1% and that bar looks like a loading screen.

Probably counting till it's release or the full presentation.