Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Microsoft Acquires Bethesda | Game Pass Reaches 15m Active Subscribers

Ryuu96 said:
EA is definitely matching Shinobi's comment about it being big news for some and meh for others, I feel like EA Access into Game Pass is far bigger news for casual consumers than it is for folks like us, plus their genres are very specific - Sports or FPS basically.

On the plus it would absolutely fill Game Pass gap in the sport genre to the point that Microsoft wouldn't need to invest into sports at all, also being able to advertise stuff like Fifa alongside Game Pass would be a win, I wonder how long marketing rights last and if Microsoft would legally be allowed to do a Game Pass ad with say, Fifa 20 in it.

Told you it would match no matter what.

Around the Network

https://youtu.be/92bcA94PQS0?t=2481

Alanah mentioned that someone who works in retail DM'd her a picture of the store system which shows the price of SX as $599 - Could very well be a placeholder though, given Microsoft is waiting for Sony to announce first, the prices are definitely not set in stone yet.

Really, I think Sony or Microsoft would be stupid to do anything near $600, needs to be more around $500.

Yeah, I'm not buying all of these recent $600 rumors. Doesn't match with what Dusk Golem is saying, who is about as legit as an insider can get (dude has leaked multiple games, including Res 8 months before the official announce). Doesn't match with MS delaying their Series S reveal and S/X Pricing announcements out of August, the only reason to delay those announces a 2nd time is to encourage Sony to announce pricing first so that MS can undercut them for the 2013 esque mic drop moment.

darkenergy said:
Angelus said:
Does anyone else find it highly amusing how much certain people hate Phil Spencer? Like literally everything he says or does triggers them, to the point that if someone quoted Phil saying he likes puppies, these people would bitch and moan about how he's either lying, or that because everyone likes puppies, there was no reason for him to give his damn 2 cents on the matter to someone.

Yeah the way I respond is to dislike the comments and upvote ludicrousSpeeds replies and Azzanations as well, hopefully you and other users in this thread do this as well :)

LMAO OOOOOF. My dirty little secret, kek. 

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, I'm not buying all of these recent $600 rumors. Doesn't match with what Dusk Golem is saying, who is about as legit as an insider can get (dude has leaked multiple games, including Res 8 months before the official announce). Doesn't match with MS delaying their Series S reveal and S/X Pricing announcements out of August, the only reason to delay those announces a 2nd time is to encourage Sony to announce pricing first so that MS can undercut them for the 2013 esque mic drop moment.

Haven't you heard, he's not credible anymore kappa

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

Around the Network
Spade said:
shikamaru317 said:

Haven't you heard, he's not credible anymore kappa

This Sony fanboy attempt to cancel Dusk Golem might be one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen, lol. The dude knows what he is talking about when it comes to Resident Evil development as he clearly has a source on the Capcom Res team, or else he wouldn't have been the first person to leak Res 8 details months before Capcom announced it, and he had other accurate Res leaks before that, I'm pretty sure he was the first person to reveal that Res 3 Remake was being made by external teams with Capcom assistance rather than an internal Capcom team. He leaked accurate Res 2 Remake and Res 7 details before that. And his source on PS5 struggling to run Res 8 at native 4K (so far) while XSX did it with ease, is clearly the same source on the Res dev team who leaked details about it to him months earlier.

Dude already said that he doesn't have any stake in the console war as he is a primarily PC gamer who plays on PS or Switch when he does play console. And he says he believes that Capcom will be able to get Res 8 up to 4K before release, it just takes more optimization work to do it clearly.

As for his statement about Xbox pricing, well that comes from a different source than the Capcom dev I think, so it might not be accurate, but it does make sense to me that MS would be willing to sell at a loss to undercut Sony this Holiday, especially with Halo delayed.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 August 2020

^^^ Lmao, yeah Ryuu talked about that BS too. That shit is crazy. He's completely vilified now, but was a hero before. I really hope Xbox Series X isn't 600... I mean I'll buy it, but fuck... hard pill to swallow.

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

Voted Battletoads because Goat likes Wasteland and I don't like him OOOOF

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

Which August XGS Title Are You Most Looking Forward to Playing?

Battletoads 7 26.92%

Tell Me Why 5 19.23%

Wasteland 3 8 30.77%

Flight Simulator 6 23.08%

Total: 26

What a pretty great month, votes are really well split, something for everyone!