By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

They are focused on FPS boost and xCloud from what we know. And as I’ve already said, continuing B/C program is not about technology and resources, it’s more about getting rights to put the game on B/C program. There aren’t really a lot of games left that are possible to be added.

I find it very hard to believe that they they could get the rights to BC on less than 5% of of the OG Xbox library, when they were able to get the rights for about 25% of the Xbox 360 library. Heck, there are still Xbox Game Studios published games missing on BC, there are just 6 Xbox Game Studios published games on OG Xbox BC, out of several dozen games that Xbox Studios published that generation. 

Have to agree on original Xbox, it just doesn’t seem like MS sees a lot of sense in investing in original Xbox games B/C.

Around the Network

More support for OG Xbox games would be nice but I doubt it's worth it for the majority of Xbox games. But it's true that at least MS should make all of their own OG Xbox games BC compatible.

As for 360 BC games, most of the later additions were smaller indie games. Only the last batch included some high quality games. Publishers had their chance to submit their games to MS to make them BC and they decided not to do it. I doubt they changed their opinion in the mean time. Though I guess we would see at least a few decent ones if they were to continue it.
Take a look at this list (sort them by rating) and then filter out games that got a port/remaster/remake, aren't compatible due to Kinect or other peripheral, games with licensing issue (sports and racing titles), multiplayer games with shutdown servers and see how few good games are actually missing:
https://www.trueachievements.com/not-backwards-compatible/games?order=GameRating

Here are the ones from the first page (5.0 to 4.0 stars):

a bunch of JP shoot'em ups (very niche)
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (Persona 4 Arena is BC)
Dynasty Warriors 7 & 8 & Gundam 3
Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
Max Payne 3
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Pinball Hall of Fame The Williams Collection
Fez
Mortal Kombat 9
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets
DeathSpank
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode 2

yeah I don't see a lot that NEED to be BC. Max Payne 3 and Fez would be great. The rest are either very niche or already have one or more sequels.

shikamaru317 said:
Barozi said:

More support for OG Xbox games would be nice but I doubt it's worth it for the majority of Xbox games. But it's true that at least MS should make all of their own OG Xbox games BC compatible.

As for 360 BC games, most of the later additions were smaller indie games. Only the last batch included some high quality games. Publishers had their chance to submit their games to MS to make them BC and they decided not to do it. I doubt they changed their opinion in the mean time. Though I guess we would see at least a few decent ones if they were to continue it.
Take a look at this list (sort them by rating) and then filter out games that got a port/remaster/remake, aren't compatible due to Kinect or other peripheral, games with licensing issue (sports and racing titles), multiplayer games with shutdown servers and see how few good games are actually missing:
https://www.trueachievements.com/not-backwards-compatible/games?order=GameRating

Here are the ones from the first page (5.0 to 4.0 stars):

a bunch of JP shoot'em ups (very niche)
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (Persona 4 Arena is BC)
Dynasty Warriors 7 & 8 & Gundam 3
Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
Max Payne 3
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Pinball Hall of Fame The Williams Collection
Fez
Mortal Kombat 9
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets
DeathSpank
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode 2

yeah I don't see a lot that NEED to be BC. Max Payne 3 and Fez would be great. The rest are either very niche or already have one or more sequels.

Yeah, there definitely aren't very many actual good games from 360 that aren't playable on Xbox BC yet, but there are definitely still some I would like to see, such as Dust: An Elysian Tail (this was Xbox Game Studios published through Xbox Arcade, no reason they can't add this), Lord of the Rings: War in The North (I had to play this on my old 360 just last summer, would have been much better on XB1), SoulCalibur 4 and 5, the F.E.A.R. Trilogy, Dead or Alive 4, and Star Trek Legacy. I know some people who badly want the Ubisoft Naruto games on BC as well.

As for OG Xbox, I would personally like to see these on BC:

• Arx Fatalis
  • Crimson Skies
  • Dead or Alive 3
  • Fatal Frame 1 and 2
  • Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy (since the bloody bastards skipped Xbox when they released the remaster)
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Otogi 1 and 2
  • Sonic Heroes

How many of those are possible, I'm not sure, at the very least Spider-Man 2 is likely impossible since Activision lost their Spider-Man rights (also Activision was one of the most resistant publishers to Xbox BC), which is a real shame, even though I own Spider-Man 2 on Gamecube I would legit buy it again on OG Xbox just to replay it with the 9x resolution multiplier that all OG Xbox BC games have, as well as smoother framerate and faster loads. Arx Fatalis should be doable since Arkane is 1st party now. 

Crimson Skies was one of the first og xbox bc games.

I want Silent Hill 2

Silent Hill The Room

Capcom Vs Snk 2

Castlevania Curse of Darkness

Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks

Phantasy Star Online

More indie JP support

Barozi said:

@KiigelHeart

Almost forgot to mention. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is currently on sale (90% off). It's from the same developer as Desperados III and a very similar game.
You should get it quickly (if you haven't already) as the sale only lasts for another 20 hours.

Damn seems I'm way late to the party :D

But thanks, been thinking about buying ST as Desperados was excellent. Sucks to miss a 90% off sale.

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

1. Doom
2. Quake
3. Tough one between Forza and Halo

The Elder Scrolls
Halo
Minecraft

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

The Elder Scrolls
Halo
Doom

The Elder Scrolls
DOOM
Gears