By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

June platform and services event taking on a different format sounds like we may get a traditional press conference, but prerecorded due to corona. Executives coming out and talking about the Xbox platforms and services with infographics behind them. I'm thinking we'll get:

-Xbox Series S reveal

-Xbox Series S and X pricing reveal (assuming that Sony announces PS5 pricing first at their rumored early June PS5 event)

-Xbox Gamepass announcements (I'm personally expecting they will announce a new Gamepass tier, which costs more per month but includes 3rd party marketing deal games on day one, in addition to the 1st/2nd party games day one on the base tier)

-Xbox Live announcements (I'm personally hoping that they finally drop the Gold requirement for playing F2P games. I would personally be happy if they got rid of Gold entirely, made multiplayer free, and focused money they were spending on Games with Gold on improving Gamepass instead.)

-xCloud announcements (I'm expecting that they will announce that basic 1080p Xbox One S quality streams will be free with a Gamepass sub, with a 4K Xbox Series X tier available for a monthly fee)

June i Expect and Xbox Wire post and a few youtube videos.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-1-billion-investment-poland/

Interesting, Microsoft is making some very big investment plans into Poland, specifically related to Cloud but with the rumour XGS was acquiring in Poland it makes this more interesting.

Those fuckers. If they were gonna invest a billion bucks over there, they might as well have thrown in a few more and bought CDPR lol

Loving their transparency. Triple showcases sounds exciting. Great hearing Halo is still on schedule.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Ryuu96 said:

uhm no thanks.

MS should invest more into other European countries so they can atleast be somewhat competitive there again.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

I love how cheeky they are being. I didn't even notice the Halo 2 on PC in the original email. 

I don't think anyone did

trunkswd said:
WoodenPints said:

I don't think anyone did

Oh I know. If anyone did than Ryuu would have let us know lol. 

It's said that if a butterfly lands on an Xbox on the other side of the world, Ryu can still sense the Xbox related thing happening, and will instantly tell us all about it.

Basically this means Halo 3 and ODST will be surprise drops in the July Xbox event

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

Those fuckers. If they were gonna invest a billion bucks over there, they might as well have thrown in a few more and bought CDPR lol

Exactly my thoughts. Acquiring CD Projekt would be huge for Microsoft, CD Projekt seems set to pass Bethesda to become the most popular RPG studio in terms of sales, Witcher 3 so far is tracking ahead of Skyrim, Skyrim only has the lead still because it is on more platforms.

Hopefully MS investing in Poland at least means that they have acquired Techland.

I’m Praying that they have acquired Techland, that would be 2 more AAA teams added to XGS. 

shikamaru317 said:

June platform and services event taking on a different format sounds like we may get a traditional press conference, but prerecorded due to corona. Executives coming out and talking about the Xbox platforms and services with infographics behind them. I'm thinking we'll get:

-Xbox Series S reveal

-Xbox Series S and X pricing reveal (assuming that Sony announces PS5 pricing first at their rumored early June PS5 event)

-Xbox Gamepass announcements (I'm personally expecting they will announce a new Gamepass tier, which costs more per month but includes 3rd party marketing deal games on day one, in addition to the 1st/2nd party games day one on the base tier)

-Xbox Live announcements (I'm personally hoping that they finally drop the Gold requirement for playing F2P games. I would personally be happy if they got rid of Gold entirely, made multiplayer free, and focused money they were spending on Games with Gold on improving Gamepass instead.)

-xCloud announcements (I'm expecting that they will announce that basic 1080p Xbox One S quality streams will be free with a Gamepass sub, with a 4K Xbox Series X tier available for a monthly fee)

I really hope it's true but unfortunately doesn't seem likely. As others said, it will probably be Xbox Wire posts and YouTube videos. I personally love to see the tech stuff, so for me hardware event is something to be really hyped about. I also want to see some surprises from MS in terms of OS features in Series X, because too be honest, right now it seems that Series X will use just the same OS as Xbox One currently does which is a huge missed opportunity as Xbox One OS is far from perfect. So, if there is no any sort of June event it's gonna be a long wait for big news most likely, as it seems like Thursday event won't have any significant announcements with it being under one hour and it's seemingly huge focus on Assassins Creed.