By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think MS should just go all out with everything they have in July they can continue other marketing and deep dives on games leading up to launch but just get the information thrown out there at the July event.

I feel that Sony either held a ton of games back(Not sure what other studios could even have games ready) or they are going into next gen with a light first year or 2 like they did with PS4 so now the ball is firmly back in Microsoft's court to have a massive show because we still haven't really had a showing that screams next gen yet.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

The PS2 with the binder killed me.

I feel like this PS5 event was actually some vindication for MS. They could have easily sprinkled in some Halo, Forza, Fable, and whatever else and had a longer show with more "next gen" content. Most of what was shown in this thing was cross gen looking, which is fine, I'm ok with that. But I highly doubt people will be as critical of that content as they were last month.

shikamaru317 said:

Actually I was wrong, Yakuza is coming to PS4 day one in the west. No PS5 though, will only be playable via BC on PS5:

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. MS probably managed to get an exclusivity for next gen version. But we'll see. Probably it will be announced for PS5 a bit later.

trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

I do feel like Sony was holding some stuff back for the August event maybe, where was Silent Hill? Now that'd be a megaton, surprised FF16 wasn't revealed either considering it was rumoured, not just from Rand but others (though no comment on exclusivity).

So should Microsoft hold back a little in July or just go all out? Halo Infinite, Hellblade II, Fable, Perfect Dark, Obsidian's RPG, Forza, Everwild, etc. show it all?

Even more curious about their respective launch lineups now too.

I am okay with Microsoft going all out. Announce their lineup through Holiday 2021. We know Halo Infinite is THE game for them to show off. It is like Nintendo with Breath of the Wild before the Switch launched. I expect Forza, but that isn't a shocker to anyone. Fable would be a big game to announce.

Nintendo making Breath of the Wild their entire showcase for E3 2016 was genius. Took over the entire show. If Halo Infinite is the goods like we're hoping, I'd have no problem with Microsoft spending that much time showcasing the game for everyone. That's honestly what I'd hope for.

If anyone else is curious about Hitman 3, from the description of the official trailer: "Available in January 2021 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC"

Another great pickup for smart delivery I expect.

Im torn after seeing this to much hype

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

To get ready for Infinite, I'm playing through the entire Halo series chronologically. So I am starting with Halo Wars, but I am also going to skip those trash mobile games or whatever Spartan Assault was. I'm probably halfway through Halo Wars, which I had already played years ago but mostly just MP and Skirmish. Same with Halo Wars 2.

Halo and Halo 2 are the only games I ever finished. I barely touched anything after that until Halo 5 which I got maybe a third of the way through. What's nice is once I get into the mainline FPS entries I can use xCloud on my iPhone. I plan on making a thread and detailing the games, I have notes from every Halo Wars mission. Will probably post it when I am closer to being done with Halo Wars and will update through the journey. I am excited to finally finish ODST and play Reach.

I’m actually betting on enjoying the Xbox event way more than the ps5 event. First party exclusives that I actually care about+ more AA or maybe even AAA Japanese titles akin to nexus Scarlett. Hope it’s great

If Phil and crew came away from this event feeling confident about Xbox, I get it, because honestly I thought Sony was gonna bring a lot more firepower here, and they didn't. There was every chance for them completely dunk on MS after their little indie sizzle reel last month, and while this was better, I definitely don't feel like they did that. Ball is in Microsoft's court again, remains to be seen what they do with it.

Just barely better than meh Xbox 3rd party presentation. Console was pretty damn weird-looking, could work as a small console but if it's huge.. eww. Still not as ugly as PS3.

If Xbox doesn't blow this out of a ballpark it'll be disappointing. Shouldn't be too hard.

KiigelHeart said:
Just barely better than meh Xbox 3rd party presentation. Console was pretty damn weird-looking, could work as a small console but if it's huge.. eww. Still not as ugly as PS3.

If Xbox doesn't blow this out of a ballpark it'll be disappointing. Shouldn't be too hard.

Based on the Disk Drive the PS5 is Huge it also needs a stand for both Vertical and Horizontal positioning,