By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Since they said UE5 won't release until mid 2021 does that mean that Studios are currently developing in UE5 in a alpha build but cannot release games until it got it's full official release or is it more so UE4 will transition into it easily and allow development to continue on the new engine?

Around the Network

Just need Rare to confirm the next Viva Piñata they are currently working on will be using Unreal Engine 5.

Ryuu96 said:

August...

Damn! That's far :) I do not care about the price to be honest but I want to pre-order that baby ASAP.
And pre-orders won't be open until they announce the price...

shikamaru317 said:
I’m actually kind of happy they may wait till August. I haven’t saved up the full $500 yet xD

Just pre-order off amazon. They don't make you put down anything.

I've got €230 in MS reward points so about half way there (more than half if it's there's a top deal on gift cards around launch).

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
Oh for the love of RAAM just give him a job at TC!

I appreciate his apology. Always liked CliffyB, even though he was arrogant and made a stupid decision. It's something he admits it.

Now Microsoft should admit they made a mistake hiring that phoney knob Rod instead of Cliffy.

Cliff doesn’t do what Rod does. They perform different jobs and Cliff’s mouth is a dumpster fire, like his career after Epic.

Goatseye said:
KiigelHeart said:
Oh for the love of RAAM just give him a job at TC!

I appreciate his apology. Always liked CliffyB, even though he was arrogant and made a stupid decision. It's something he admits it.

Now Microsoft should admit they made a mistake hiring that phoney knob Rod instead of Cliffy.

Cliff doesn’t do what Rod does. They perform different jobs and Cliff’s mouth is a dumpster fire, like his career after Epic.

Yeah, just saying they chose the wrong Gears veteran for the project. What Rod does is much appreciated at Blizzard I'm sure of that.

At least Cliffy used to make creative games and he had some unique ideas on Gears of War. I didn't agree with everything but that's ok. What we have now is a lukewarm shooter created based on market research, it's just lacking identity. A dumpster fire, if you will.

It's possible to ignore the dumb stuff Cliffy sometimes says or writes. This shouldn't be an issue at all.

Very happy to see that this project isn’t dead, MS should help them develop the game. The art direction is very beautiful https://mobile.twitter.com/SirenumPISCES

shikamaru317 said:

Good news, seems that Sega plans to continue their multiplatform expansion in the future, with more games releasing on Xbox.

An excerpt from the article, which is a translation of something from Sega's financial document:

"With the release of the Yakuza series on Xbox Game Pass, multi-platform expansion is progressing, and Sega is preparing to deploy its games for the new platforms as well (PS5/Xbox Series)."

It's great to hear, but despite it sounding a bit controversial, I hope that no more day one Game Pass releases from Sega.

You know....every once in a while, I forget why I almost never post about Xbox related things outside of this thread. Then I get carried away and do it for a hot minute, and remember it's kinda like being Bruce Willis in Die Hard 3, where he's walking around in the black neighborhood with the racist sign around his neck. Good times.