By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Would you guys count Wasteland 3 as A or AA? I’d say AA with the various little touches. Either way then stepping up to AAA is exciting. Think their most graphically intensive game was Bards Tale 4.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Would you guys count Wasteland 3 as A or AA? I’d say AA with the various little touches. Either way then stepping up to AAA is exciting. Think their most graphically intensive game was Bards Tale 4.

The camera angle would make it AA imo.

Angelus said:
Conker gets rebooted as God of War clone Banjo IP traded to Nintendo, in exchange for Metroid Ninja Theory working on Gears survival horror game Viva Pinata gets reworked into Pokemon clone  Ubi's Avatar game gets special Azurik version on Xbox
Flight Simulator gets Crimson Skies DLC Halo Infinite is the last Halo game A Bard's Tale Rhythm game

Blinx 3: Blink and You Miss It

Fable features fully motion captured, interactable sex scenes
Black & White revived as White & Black to not appear too woke MS gets back into timed exclusives with 1 year of Diablo 4 (thanks Rod) Free space Acquire Legend of Dragoon IP, convert existing Scalebound work to suit MS partners with EA for GP+EA Access combo subscription
EA license out Jade Empire to MS, Obsidian reboot it as console exclusive The Initiative reveals they've actually been working MGS6 Battletoads scrapped, characters incorporated into SmashBros clone Square's Avengers game has Hulk as exclusive Xbox character cus they're both mean green beasts All future Forza games will be Bikes only. No more cars
Everwild is actually a AAA Ori sequel Deal with Capcom for console exclusive Dragon's Dogma 2 In honor of Sega partnership, LE Dreamcast inspired controllers The Coalition's next big project is a John Wick game. Phil relinquishes his job to me, because I'm clearly awesome

As per request. Hope you get a kick out of them lol

A Bard's Tale Rhythm game - Needs to happen

Banjo IP traded to Nintendo, in exchange for Metroid - I'd take that deal 

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

What does camera angle have to do with the scope and budget of a game? I’ve seen plenty of indie and single A games that had isometric viewpoints. I do agree that Wasteland 3 is AA though. They had between 80-100 devs while developing it, which is right smack dab in the AA range in terms of team size usually.

I believe with the crowdfunding and publisher fees Wasteland 3 development started with a $10m+ budget, Since they joined XGS they have improved the graphics and fully voiced the game with all it's branching paths which can't of been a cheap thing to add in along with an extra year or so on the development cycle to improve the games quality across the board, I'd expect the budget now to be in the region of $20-30m

and here is the Bingo Card with the Text on it

Pretty much as you expected?

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 28 April 2020

Around the Network

It's happening!

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

What does camera angle have to do with the scope and budget of a game? I’ve seen plenty of indie and single A games that had isometric viewpoints, and even one AAA franchise (Diablo). I do agree that Wasteland 3 is AA though. They had between 80-100 devs while developing it, which is right smack dab in the AA range in terms of team size usually.

Top down games cant match the type of experience you get from an fos or tps. You cant explore the world as freely as you'd like and also gameplay is very pimited.

No new studios Lockheart Reveal Elden Ring Gameplay trailer Release date for Cuphead dlc New Batman Game
Banjo Kazooei + Tooei remake Indies New Exclusive ip from Capcom New Original Xbox/xbox 360 backward compatible games Psychonauts 2 release date
Fable IV CGI Trailer Halo Infinite Gameplay trailer New Bloody Roar Forza Kart Racer
Crackdown 4 announcement Resi 2, AC Odyssey, Sekiro coming to Gamepass Tell Me Why Release Date New horror ip from Compulsion Trailer for Series X enhanced games (Gears 5, RDR2 etc)
Assassin's Creed Ragnarock New Tales of Arise trailer Dead Space 4 New Splinter Cell Battletoads Available Now

Ryuu96 said:

Project XCloud is starting to roll out in the following countries.

• Belgium
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Spain
  • Sweden

Thanks.

Tried it but wasn't able to properly stream anything.
Biggest issue was that the controller I paired with my phone couldn't control anything on the Xbox. It was able to control the streaming app with it though.

Then the stream would interrupt every few minutes. My X1 isn't connected via ethernet but I didn't expect it to be that bad.

In short, streaming via laptop is far superior.

shikamaru317 said:
Wow, I think this is the worst Games with Gold month I've ever seen, on a personal level at least. Not a single game that is even remotely interesting to me. I really hope the May Gamepass releases are better. Hopefully we finally get some of the 10 Final Fantasy games they said would release on Gamepass in 2020.

For sure. The May event practically guarantees a announcement of big games being available “right now” or shortly after the digital event ends. Easy shock value. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.