By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Anonymous1796 said:

Are you guys getting the Lockhart (so the cheaper one) or Series X? Although we don't know much about Lockhart. For myself I am getting the Series X because I will always get the most powerful console option available.

If I buy one it will be the series X. I have an Xbox One X so I can't imagine Lockhart being a significant step up for me. I really do not believe that consoles are going to sell well at the end of this year unless this pandemic gets put behind us and there is a major economic turnaround very quickly.

Either way, its a great idea for MS to have Lockhart as a cheaper option, even if it is not for me.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

🤔🤔🤔

Lol, is that based on his own insider knowledge or what others have speculated...

I will take it that it’s basically confirmed that it’s Perfect Dark that they are working on, if they manage to pull it off with the small team that they have now (I know that The Coalition are helping out on multiplayer but who knows how big that team actually is) then they should become a 2 team studio.

with all those reports about how bad the working conditions are at Naughty Dog then my guess is that there could be a mass exodus after ToU2 ships which would be the perfect opportunity for The Initiative to lock up talent.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 25 April 2020

Ryuu96 said:
So that Era leaker vs Jez, unless of course it's as we've speculated, The Coalition is doing Perfect Dark's multiplayer and The Initiative is doing the campaign.

Which makes sense given The Initiatives size, also the Gears leaker mentioned a week or so ago that The Coalition's Perfect Dark has a very heavy multiplayer focus which would be a sure way to annoy the fanbase, unless his information is only half, The Initiative is doing the other half, campaign.

I remember him also saying once it started off with them building the multiplayer first.

Morgoth might not have the full picture, he only knows what The Coalition are working on but not The Initiative so it might seem to him that it’s multiplayer focused when in fact it’s going to another “Full Package” game by MS like Gears and Halo are. Aka AAA multi & single player.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 25 April 2020

I'm getting the Series X. I still use my base Xbox One so I'm excited to see the jump.

EspadaGrim said:

Ryuu96 said:
So that Era leaker vs Jez, unless of course it's as we've speculated, The Coalition is doing Perfect Dark's multiplayer and The Initiative is doing the campaign.

Which makes sense given The Initiatives size, also the Gears leaker mentioned a week or so ago that The Coalition's Perfect Dark has a very heavy multiplayer focus which would be a sure way to annoy the fanbase, unless his information is only half, The Initiative is doing the other half, campaign.

I remember him also saying once it started off with them building the multiplayer first.

Morgoth might not have the full picture, he only knows what The Coalition are working on but not The Initiative so it might seem to him that it’s multiplayer focused when in fact it’s going to another “Full Package” game by MS like Gears and Halo are. Aka AAA multi & single player.

Looking at the talent hired by The Initiative, most of their experience is in narrative driven games. The Initiative working on the single player and The Coalition working on the multiplayer makes the most amount of sense. 

Around the Network

I'm also getting the Series X. Coming from the one s and the day one, the jump will be worth paying the full price on day one come holiday season.

Split poll at 6 a piece...

Small sample size but wondering if it would be received by the larger halo fan base in a similar fashion.

Anonymous1796 said:

Are you guys getting the Lockhart (so the cheaper one) or Series X? Although we don't know much about Lockhart. For myself I am getting the Series X because I will always get the most powerful console option available.

I need to see Lockhart and PS5 first before making the decision. I'm actually more interested in Lockhart now than Series X because unfortunately Series X is just way too big and heavy. So, I'm probably gonna pick up Lockhart for the first few years and then upgrade to Series X Slim when it comes. I hope that Lockhart will have an SKU with Blu-Ray drive because I'm not interested in digital only consoles as I usually buy my games on discs.

Xbox One reveal was May 21, hope it’s sooner this time

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Series X for me of course. I'll pick it up as soon as possible.