By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I feel like Compulsion, Double Fine, and to an extent inXile and Undead Labs are really slept on whenever people talk about the current XGS, seems like these ones are hardly ever mentioned. If anything I think they are some of the most exciting to think about because they're the wild cards really, they could be working on anything.

We Happy Few had so much potential, so i'd love to see what Compulsion can do with the full backing and support of Microsoft from the start, and Double Fine has a history of producing some of the most unique and creative games out there. Then even for some of the studios where we might assume what they're working on next, like State of Decay 3 with Undead Labs, it's still exciting to see the new things they can achieve in these franchises with the new resources they now have. Just like inXile with Wasteland 3 too and the rumored big new RPG they're working on next.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I think this shows us how confident MS is that they'll be able to get the Series X out this year without delay.

What is the max price you guys will pay for Xbox Series X? I am at 500 euros.

Ryuu96 said:

Sounds pretty much like I thought it would be Clear out all stock/productions lines of the X and discontinue it by July with a couple of months stock left on shelves to cover August/September to then put the Lockhart into full production to replace the X at the $299 price point from which the X1X has generally been at.

Anonymous1796 said:

$500.

Around the Network
Anonymous1796 said:

If I'll be set on buying it at launch, price most likely won't matter unless economics go to shit by then.

WoodenPints said:
Ryuu96 said:

Sounds pretty much like I thought it would be Clear out all stock/productions lines of the X and discontinue it by July with a couple of months stock left on shelves to cover August/September to then put the Lockhart into full production to replace the X at the $299 price point from which the X1X has generally been at.

I won't be surprised if they discontinue One S as well

derpysquirtle64 said:
Anonymous1796 said:

If I'll be set on buying it at launch, price most likely won't matter unless economics go to shit by then.

WoodenPints said:

I don't think One S will be gone so soon I think the SAD will remain as a super cheap option to jump into a Gamepass machine.

WoodenPints said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I don't think One S will be gone so soon I think the SAD will remain as a super cheap option to jump into a Gamepass machine.

They'll probably keep them for a while but I would say it depends on this year's holiday sales. Even with SAD as cheap as 99-149$ it is hard to see them selling more than 1-1.5m consoles next year once the focus will shift to next gen consoles making them obsolete. So, why bother spending money manufacturing them?

Anonymous1796 said:

650€ I'd say. Hope it won't cost more than 550€ though. But I won't have to buy extra controllers.

Angelus said:
Ryuu96 said:

I think this shows us how confident MS is that they'll be able to get the Series X out this year without delay.

Xbox X making way for Lockhart this holiday

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.