By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Gamepass for me

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

I'm curious, how many people here are Game Pass subscribers? If yes, what version do you have? Xbox Game Pass? PC Game Pass? Game Pass Ultimate?

I got ultimate. 

And no, I'm never buying another MS published game ever again.

trunkswd said:
Angelus said:

I got ultimate. 

And no, I'm never buying another MS published game ever again.

Same here. I bought 3 years of Ultimate for $1. I had three years if Gold thanks to MS Rewards and it automatically upgraded for me. Once it runs out I'll pay for it. It is still worth $15 per month. 

Easily. It only takes 3 games per year, that I'd otherwise pay 60 bucks for, to draw even on value. Plus, Microsoft's own games aside - which we'll see many more of in the future, considering their studio acquisitions - they've shown themselves to be very aggressive in signing third party games for the service, so I've found my general tendency to purchase games is diminishing. 

trunkswd said:
Angelus said:

Easily. It only takes 3 games per year, that I'd otherwise pay 60 bucks for, to draw even on value. Plus, Microsoft's own games aside - which we'll see many more of in the future, considering their studio acquisitions - they've shown themselves to be very aggressive in signing third party games for the service, so I've found my general tendency to purchase games is diminishing. 

With their number of studios and the numbers of teams per studio they should be able to keep up 5+ games released every year. Will they all be AAA? No, but I'm happy to play games of varying sizes. 

Exactly. Plus you'll end up trying a bunch of games you would have otherwise ignored, and play a few mid to top tier third party games that you otherwise would have bought on sale. 

And that's all still ignoring that Ultimate includes Xbox Live Gold, which you'd otherwise pay like 40-60 bucks a year for (depending on sales or whatnot) to play online.

I got Ultimate sub until 31.12.2020 and I'm going to continue it. Great service.

Around the Network

Game Pass Ultimate here. Also took advantage of the convert 3 years gold into Ultimate for €1 deal.
Been spending less and less on gaming but haven't reduced my playing time at all.

I created an Excel sheet on my Xbox One related expenses and they've gone down considerably:

2015: 104 Euro / month (includes X1 console bought in July; 50 Euro / month without it)
2016: 46 Euro / month
2017: 59 Euro / month
2018: 65 Euro / month (includes Xbox One X purchase; 36 Euro / month without it)
2019: 35 Euro / month
2020: 22 Euro / month

My expenses shrunk since 2017 which is the year Game Pass came out... coincidence? I think not!

Last edited by Barozi - on 23 March 2020

I've also bought less games since game pass. But I do buy dlc-expansions for game pass games like Metro: Exodus.

KiigelHeart said:
I've also bought less games since game pass. But I do buy dlc-expansions for game pass games like Metro: Exodus.

haha same. Feels weird owning DLCs but not the base games lol.

So far bought DLC for the following Game Pass games:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Shantae Half-Genie Hero (before it was part of GwG)
Dirt Rally 2.0
Guacamelee 2
Layers of Fear

DLCs on my wishlist for Game Pass games but still too expensive (or I'd first need to play through the base game)

Metro Exodus
Wolfenstein II
Super Lucky's Tale
Rage 2
Sniper Elite 4
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
Cities Skylines (leaving Game Pass so no luck here)

Angelus said:
So, who's already tired of all these Series X vs PS5 comparison threads?

You're on a Sony site and Sony has the less capable system. Settle in, you'll be seeing them for years.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

trunkswd said:

I'm curious, how many people here are Game Pass subscribers? If yes, what version do you have? Xbox Game Pass? PC Game Pass? Game Pass Ultimate?

I just re-upped ultimate for another 13 months!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS