By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Avalanche actually has 2 AAA teams one in New York and the other in Sweden and two subsidiaries that are AA in size.

Isn't the 2nd AAA team though the one that keeps The Hunter updated with new content? I know they have 2 AA teams as well, one of which is already developing an Xbox exclusive for 2021, Second Extinction. I don't think Avalanche will release both Second Extinction and a new Just Cause or some other AAA in 2021. 

The two main AAA that are Avalanche are located in Stockholm who worked on Mad Max/Rage 2 and New York who worked on Just Cause 3/4.

The two smaller studios actually have names Systemic Reaction who made Generation Zero/Second Extinction and Expansive Worlds who make The Hunter games.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
VersusEvil said:

I wish they would just acquire anybody coz the constant rumours are getting on my damn tits.

I've been thinking the same honestly but what else can we talk about? I'm sure the acquisition rumours will die down when Microsoft starts to release stuff/gives us something substantial to talk about.

Once these studios start pumping out content it should be fairly regular...As of right now though, I'm not even sure what the next release is, I'm waiting on a Psychonauts 2 date...

It’s been really slow when it comes to official Xbox game news, at least we could be getting Bethesda news next month.

Ryuu96 said:

Crytek is kind of toxic, I think Microsoft would do a Randy and tell the brothers to step down, but it is a family business so I doubt they'd sell anyway, especially under those conditions.

Also I just really do not want Microsoft to acquire Crytek...Such a boring choice, doesn't Microsoft have enough engines now?

Yeah I would only want MS to buy Crytek if the Yerli bros would step down.

I'm getting impatient for Psychonauts 2 lol Game was apparently done late last year and they only had bug testing. Would've been a perfect game release for Q1, now it seems like it might be a summer release.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Yeah I would only want MS to buy Crytek if the Yerli bros would step down.

Agreed, not only because they treated their employees like crap, I know one of the brothers stepped down as CEO (still on the board though) but I somehow doubt the other brothers had no say in things, him stepping down as CEO just felt like a PR move.

But it also seems like they're terribly ran, they've made so many stupid mistakes and it is a miracle that they're still alive, CryEngine stagnated against Unreal Engine and hasn't really grown in market share at all, they refused to sell the Ryse IP to Microsoft but didn't do anything with it and instead sold Homefront and Timesplitters IP (Wtf?) and shutdown Free Radical (Crytek UK), released nothing of note for years except from Hunt which if we're being honest, likely saved the company, that and the investor fundraising.

They now only have 2 studios (shut down 6), only own Ryse, Hunt and Crysis, I don't really see the need for yet another FPS in Xbox's line-up (Crysis), Ryse may be good to revive but not worth buying an entire company over, Hunt is successful...

And CryEngine, folk can say it is a good engine but it doesn't mean much when it is barely used, Unreal Engine dominates the industry and Unity for the smaller projects, Zenimax studios aren't going to swap over to CryEngine when they have multiple of their own, 343/T10 won't use CryEngine, TC will always use Unreal Engine. Obsidian/InXile would probably rather use Unreal Engine or Creation Engine over CryEngine, etc. I just don't see where it fits in anymore.

Crytek UK basically became Dambuster Studio under Deep Silver when they sold them the Homefront IP, but yeah the management holding on to Ryse just to sit on it is so stupid when they were on the brink of collapse and were forced to shut down multiple studios and sell Ip and game rights.

I mean MS wanted a Ryse 2 and Yerli turned that down, I remember during that time he also withheld salary from employees when they could have just said yes to Microsoft’s demands and helped their employees get paid and work on a project while they restructured and even potentially make a 3nd party deal with them to green light other projects.

I personally still think that they have some value as company and wouldn’t mind them joining MS but like i said as long the Yerli bros take their cash and leave.

Around the Network

I put a 1000 bet on neither.

Xbox Most played US

No Title Publisher *
1 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Activision F
2 Fortnite Epic Games F
3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Activision
4 Apex Legends EA F
5 Grand Theft Auto V Rockstar Games
6 NBA 2K21 2K Sports
7 Minecraft Microsoft GP
8 Rocket League Psyonix F
9 Destiny 2 Activision GP | F
10 Roblox Roblox Corporation F
11 Madden NFL 21 EA
12 Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ubisoft
13 Red Dead Redemption 2 Rockstar Games
14 Ark Survival Studio Wildcard GP
15 Forza Horizon 4 Microsoft GP
16 Dead by Daylight 505 Games GP
17 NBA 2K21 Next Generation 2K sports
18 Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Xbox Series X|S Activision
19 Overwatch Activision
20 NBA 2k20  2K Sports
21 Star Wars: Battlefront II EA EP
22 FIFA 21 EA
23 Playerunknown Battlegrounds Microsoft GP
24 Sea of Thieves Microsoft GP
25 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Bethesda GP
26 Madden NFL 20 EA
27 Smite Hi-Rez Studios F
28 Fallout 76 Bethesda GP
29 For Honor Ubisoft
30 Halo: The Master Chief Collection Microsoft GP
31 The Elder Scrolls Online Bethesda
32 Gears 5 Microsoft GP
33 Cyberpunk 2077 CD Project Red
34 Rogue Company Hi-Rez Studios F
35 Bbattlefield V EA
36 Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Ubisoft
37 Borderlands 3 2K Games
38 The Sims 4 EA EP
39 Fallout 4 Bethesda
40 DayZ Bohemia Interactive GP
41 Warframe Digital Extremes F
42 Call of Duty: Black Ops III Activision
43 Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII Activision
44 NHL 21 EA EP
45 Madden NFL 21 EA
46 Monster Hunter World Capcom GP
47 Halo 5: Guardians Microsoft GP
48 Mortal Kombat 11 Warner bros
49 Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ubisoft
50 Brawlhalla Ubisoft F

* GP = Gamepass | EP = EA Play | F = Free

Microsoft - 7

Ubisoft - 5

EA - 9

Activision - 7

Bethesda - 4

I thought it might be interesting to Track the game charts, idk what day of the week it is updated.

Anyways some notes, no clue where Rainbow Six Siege is, Checked both the website and my xbox and it didn't have it. Halo 5 might actually fall out of the top 50. 

Last edited by ice - on 22 February 2021

Where's the chart from?

NBA 2K21 is on #6 and #17 and the publisher is EA..... (NBA 2k20 also says EA)
Rocket League is free as well btw.

Looks like that chart is from Microsoft.com. There has always been something out of place with those charts, I'd trust TrueAhcievements.com weekly tracking more.

shikamaru317 said:

I always find it impressive how popular Battlefront 2 is, EA abandoned content support for it like 10 months ago but it is still hugely popular in spite of it. EA definitely made a mistake cancelling content support for it when they did, there is enough a player base that they could have kept the small DLC team working on it until Battlefront 3 is ready in a couple of years. Instead they abandoned a game with an active playerbase before they even were ready to announce Battlefront 3. 

I've been playing it quite a bit lately. It's actually a great game with all the improvements they've made (especially for co-op) and yes they should've kept supporting it. Players are still there, what a stupid decision to abandon it.

Single player campaign was the most pointless thing ever though. Battlefront III should be multiplayer only imo.