By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

One of the weakest updates

Around the Network

Cyberpunk 2077 next gen performance details:

XSX: 60 fps mode is dynamic 4k PC medium settings mostly, 30fps mode is dynamic 4k with RT shadows PC high settings mostly
XSS: 30 fps mode only, dynamic 1440p, no RT, PC medium settings mostly

Ryuu96 said:

Super excited to announce that today is my first day at ZeniMax Online Studios! I'll be the Lead Level Designer for live service content on a new AAA IP and I cannot wait to get started!

Michael Ryan on LinkedIn: ZeniMax Online Studios | 13 comments

He's the new Seattle location hire.

Fairly confident this will be an MMO.

I feel like ZOS is kinda doomed to always make MMO's just given their studio name lol

Series S 30fps mode only ouch.. and RT shadows only on pointless 30fps mode on Series X.. damn what a bummer.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I feel like ZOS is kinda doomed to always make MMO's just given their studio name lol

Agreed, Lol.

They need to dump Zenimax though and change it to Bethesda Online Studios.

For sure! That's another thing I'm wondering. Why does ZeniMax Media in general still exist? I know they got rid of their Board of Directors after the acquisition finalized, but is there a reason to keep the holdings company? Why not make it to where Bethesda Softworks answers to Phil and XGS, but they would still be in control of all of their internal studios and publish their games? 

Also ZOS would then turn into BOS ;)

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

For sure! That's another thing I'm wondering. Why does ZeniMax Media in general still exist? I know they got rid of their Board of Directors after the acquisition finalized, but is there a reason to keep the holdings company? Why not make it to where Bethesda Softworks answers to Phil and XGS, but they would still be in control of all of their internal studios and publish their games? 

Also ZOS would then turn into BOS ;)

Do they exist? I'm not actually sure, I can't recall Xbox ever making reference to Zenimax Media since the acquisition, Bethesda Softworks is the entire Bethesda arm, as you said, Zenimax is just a holding company so it shouldn't exist anymore but I'm not 100%

According to Wikipedia, Zenimax Media still exists and is the parent company of Bethesda Softworks. But I guess take that with a grain of salt? lol

Played the first mission of the first Crossfire X campaign. It's alright.
Walking speed feels a bit slow compared to CoD.

But no reason to continue unless they add achievements.
Deleted to make space for the Cyberpunk trial.

Barozi said:

Sad but true lol.

These days a single-player game has to be really good for me to play it if there are no achievements or I've already unlocked them.

So I won't bother with Crossfire X, Remedy or not. And the whole game seems to be a giant bomb anyway. 

shikamaru317 said:
Barozi said:

There are no campaign achievements? Yikes on bikes, that game is a total shitshow.

Was XGS no longer the publisher for CrossfireX? I know Xbox dropped all marketing for the game, but at least on Wikipedia, the CrossfireX page now lists Smilegate as the publisher, and even on the list of Xbox Game Studios video games, it no longer shows CrossfireX as one of their games. 

Ryuu96 said:

Asked to elaborate on the comments in a soon-to-be-published VGC interview, the newly-promoted PlatinumGames vice president claimed that he wasn’t joking about revisiting Scalebound.

I think it’s really strange because, to be honest, I’ve been in a lot of interviews since the project ended and I feel like I’ve said many times that I’d love to be able to bring it back,” he said.

“Having gotten somewhere with it, as a creator I’d like to see it to the end. And I hear fans saying they really want to play that game, which is too bad, and I want to give that to them when I hear that.”

He added: “That’s something that I thought I’d been saying, or I’d been trying to say for years now. I’ve said it in interviews before and gotten no reaction, but now finally I got a big reaction, and I was glad to see that. But no, it’s not a joke: I’m totally serious about it, yeah.”

Asked if Platinum was already in conversations with Microsoft over Scalebound, Kamiya replied: “I can’t confirm or deny anything, but we could be talking to Microsoft. But we could also be talking to NintendoSonyCapcomKonami or anybody!”

Asked why he felt that he’d have better luck working on Scalebound a second time around, Kamiya told VGC he believed that Platinum had grown since its development ended.

“Nothing super surprising [has changed], just time. As a company, we’ve gradually grown, gained experience in terms of technology and more people,” he explained.

“At the time when we were making Scalebound, there was a lot that we couldn’t deliver on and that was hard for me. It was hard to fail like that. When the project went away, it wasn’t like the very next day I was thinking, ‘I’ve got to try again’. I needed a rest.

“But time passes, things change, things are different now. I’ve had some time to think and yeah, I’d like to try making Scalebound again. That’s my feeling.”

Hideki Kamiya says he’s ‘totally serious’ about resurrecting Xbox exclusive Scalebound | VGC (videogameschronicle.com)

Doesn't Microsoft own the Scalebound IP?