shikamaru317 said:
AsGryffynn said:

Seems like it. I just want a futuristic or modern day game that isn't gun/melee/underworld focused. Why is urban fantasy so hard to make a game for when it's essentially "GTA with swords and unicorns"?! 

Like, I really want a Percy Jackson, RWBY or Night Watch RPG...  

So Cowboy Bebop then... 

Out of curiosity, what kind of setting would RWBY's Remnant be? I always liked that kind of "semi Victorian but with modern technology" aesthetic. 

There is another RWBY game in development, but I'm not sure what genre it is. 

Yeah, Cowboy Bebop and Firefly have somewhat similar settings, both are the kind of low-tech space western that I love. On that subject, now would be a good time to make a Cowboy Bebop game, with Netflix working on a live action adaptation of it that is expected to be very popular.

RWBY setting is kind of unique. There are steampunk elements for sure, like the semi-Victorian clothing styles of some characters, the airships, and Qrow's transforming clockwork sword/scythe. But there are also modern and modern-futuristic elements as well.

I am sure it's going to be mobile or arena based. RT doesn't like big stuff and even with outsourcing they don't have the funds for that (much of the company does run on a shoestring budget). 

I second your motion on a Cowboy Bebop game. I loved that anime and will be watching the drama (by stealing the GFs Netflix account since I'm a Prime junkie and she leeches of that anyways). 

I always thought RWBY was what you'd call "Noblepunk": Victorian setting with advanced tech (disguised as yet even more Victorian paraphernalia). On that train of thought, the two ideas I'd have for a game would involve a fairytale setting with the Gothic Victorian twist of RWBY and SINoALICE (hey, Yoko Taro did something right for once!) since that seems like the kind of edgy action (Bayonetta, Automata) that attracts younger crowds. 

The other idea would be more Tarantino-esque games like WET. I loved that game. 

In other news, we know Xbox doesn't have great performance in JP, but was anyone aware that both the Series X and S sold out there in a day and the Series X sold out in 20 minutes? 

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/japans-initial-xbox-series-x-s-pre-orders-have-quickly-sold-out-everywhere/

It was Britain, it is America, tomorrow France and next year, the world... 

Warning: This poster has a very negative opinion of Sony and Nintendo, Idea Factory and companies Tecmo Koei, EA, BioWare, Blizzard, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Kadokawa and Sega. If you have very positive views of these and a negative view of Microsoft or Bethesda Game Studios, AVOID ENGAGEMENT AT ALL COSTS! 

Around the Network
    WoodenPints said:
    EnricoPallazzo said:
    Hey guys I never bought a console on release date, always like 6 months-12 months after release as it was impossible to find in my home country.
    I now live in UK. I know that there are no pre orders available anymore. On release day, do they also send units for retailers that are not linked to pre orders or basically if you dont get a pre order you dont get a console? Looking to get an Xbox Series X or maybe a Series S.

Yes there should be units in store and potentially on websites on the 10th November. Aaron Greenberg said that shops could sell their allocation through pre-orders or leave some stock for launch day of which he said most have currently done but the Stock could be low as in only a few of each the X|S per store.

Thanks man, really appreciate. I will be looking at the retailers and online close to release date.

EnricoPallazzo said:
    WoodenPints said:

Yes there should be units in store and potentially on websites on the 10th November. Aaron Greenberg said that shops could sell their allocation through pre-orders or leave some stock for launch day of which he said most have currently done but the Stock could be low as in only a few of each the X|S per store.

Thanks man, really appreciate. I will be looking at the retailers and online close to release date.

Might wanna try pre-ordering it from other European nations. You know...Amazon, Microsoft store etc.

I remember that some still had a few available after a week or so. Not sure if the situation has changed since then.

You'd have to pay a slightly higher delivery fee and get a UK power cable. (Might be compatible with a X1 cable).

Now that all of XGS titles have released for 2020 I felt like checking how they did for the year.

1. Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - 77 MC | 79 OC
    2. Battletoads - 72 MC | 72 OC
    3. Bleeding Edge - 66 MC | 66 OC
    4. Gears Tactics - 80 MC | 82 OC
    5. Microsoft Flight Simulator - 92 MC | 92 OC
    6. Minecraft Dungeons - 70 MC | 74 OC
    7. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - 90 MC | 90 OC
    8. Tell Me Why - 78 MC | 80 OC
    9. Wasteland 3 - 85 MC | 86 OC
    • Average MetaCritic - 78.8
    • Average OpenCritic - 80.1

Good year overall, I think 2021 will be higher too.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 October 2020

Ryuu96 said:

Now that all of XGS titles have released for 2020 I felt like checking how they did for the year.

1. Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - 77 MC | 79 OC
    2. Battletoads - 72 MC | 72 OC
    3. Bleeding Edge - 66 MC | 66 OC
    4. Gears Tactics - 80 MC | 82 OC
    5. Microsoft Flight Simulator - 92 MC | 92 OC
    6. Minecraft Dungeons - 70 MC | 74 OC
    7. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - 90 MC | 90 OC
    8. Tell Me Why - 78 MC | 80 OC
    9. Wasteland 3 - 85 MC | 86 OC

Average MC - 78.8

Average OC - 80.1

You like number huh, were you bored? Pretty damn good overall! Definite step in the right direction too. 

What do know for 2021? 

My guesses:
    Grounded, Halo, Starfield, Psychonauts 2, Horizon 5, Flight Sim 

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

Around the Network

Were not getting Horizon 5 next year. Probably motorsport. We were actually supposed to see Motorsport gameplay at E3 and iirc the Forza team said look forward to playing it later this year on stream. I assume covid and some people from the forza team pitching in with Infinite delayed the game to next year.

Finished Hitman.

Didn't hook me after playing the tutorial and the Paris level years ago and even though I finished all the other levels today, I'm not fully convinced.

It's fun when it works but often times there's just one object you're missing to do a cool action and then you have to run around the whole level to find it. In some levels I found rat poison everywhere and really didn't need it while other levels have dozens of poison opportunities but barely any poison to find.

Also I hate how the AI reacts in this game when you knock someone else down or kill them. Rarely can you get away with it even if nobody can see you or the victim. I was in a spot where no one could directly see me and yet I was immediately compromised and hunted after I killed a guard. Another time I killed someone in front of a bigger shed (using my silenced pistol) and while the guard inside the shed didn't notice anything, the other guard on the opposite side of the shed heard it and came investigating. Really annoying. There's so much trial and error in this game. I was constantly saving and reloading. Not my definition of fun.

Visuals were good for the time. Hitman 2 does look a little better. The overarching story is almost exclusively told through short cutscenes. Everything in-game is just about the current targets of that level. There's just one at the end of a level later in the game. Not much is happening, therefore the story is pretty forgettable.

Overall I much prefer Hitman Absolution. Far less running around to search some object, far better story and story telling due to the more linear nature. More varied gameplay sections. Eh, glad I could play it through GwG and didn't buy it. Was thinking about buying Hitman 2 on sale a few times, but I'm definitely going to wait a bit longer for GwG, Game Pass or a really really good price.

7.5/10

jason1637 said:
    Were not getting Horizon 5 next year. Probably motorsport. We were actually supposed to see Motorsport gameplay at E3 and iirc the Forza team said look forward to playing it later this year on stream. I assume covid and some people from the forza team pitching in with Infinite delayed the game to next year.

I'm not so certain on Motorsport reboot in 2021 personally. According to an interview, it only began full development in December 2019, before that they were mainly working on the new ForzaTech engine and working on DLC for Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4. A November 2021 release would give it less than 2 years of full development, and since they're starting over from scratch with all new tracks and all new car models instead of reusing tracks and cars from Motorsport 5-7, they'll need extra dev time to get enough cars and tracks ready to satisfy people, they don't want to run into a Motorsport 5 situation again with critics attacking the game for not having enough cars and tracks on release. 

In theory at least, Horizon 5 should have been in development longer, assuming they put it into full production as soon as Horizon 4 released, September 2018. So Playground could get a cross-gen Horizon 5 running on the old build of ForzaTech out in 2021, but if they decided to wait on Turn 10 to finish the new build of ForzaTech, and engine that wasn't ready until late 2019, we might not see any Forza game in 2021 sadly. 

shikamaru317 said:
    jason1637 said:

I'm not so certain on Motorsport reboot in 2021 personally. According to an interview, it only began full development in December 2019, before that they were mainly working on the new ForzaTech engine and working on DLC for Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4. A November 2021 release would give it less than 2 years of full development, and since they're starting over from scratch with all new tracks and all new car models instead of reusing tracks and cars from Motorsport 5-7, they'll need extra dev time to get enough cars and tracks ready to satisfy people, they don't want to run into a Motorsport 5 situation again with critics attacking the game for not having enough cars and tracks on release. 

In theory at least, Horizon 5 should have been in development longer, assuming they put it into full production as soon as Horizon 4 released, September 2018. So Playground could get a cross-gen Horizon 5 running on the old build of ForzaTech out in 2021, but if they decided to wait on Turn 10 to finish the new build of ForzaTech, and engine that wasn't ready until late 2019, we might not see any Forza game in 2021 sadly. 

Once you've updated your engine a Forza game should be pretty easy to develop. I'd be very disappointed and surprised if it skips 2021. They already have all the car assests and tracks from a whole generation of Forza games to go from.

Double post.