By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah kinds hoping that the bigger games stay on Playstation now that my mind is slowly coming out of shock.

Even if timed. Would actually not like this deal should millions of people miss out on franchises that they love.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft has to pay Activision $3bn if the deal doesn't go through.

Hard to imagine it not going through when you have companies like Tencent running around buying everything. There are still lots of huge companies in gaming. Doubt there's any real danger of this getting broken up.

Embracer too. 

ironmanDX said:

Yeah kinds hoping that the bigger games stay on Playstation now that my mind is slowly coming out of shock.

Even if timed. Would actually not like this deal should millions of people miss out on franchises that they love.

By the time this deal has any bearing on those games, they'll be able to play them on a GP app on their TV

Angelus said:
ironmanDX said:

By the time this deal has any bearing on those games, they'll be able to play them on a GP app on their TV

Ouch.

Ryuu96 said:

For me, this will be a good acquisition (for content) if...

1. Clean house of all the abusers - I think this has a likely chance of happening as Microsoft is very image aware.

2. Let all the studios who have been turned into CoD assist studios go back to making original stuff - I'm not sure how likely this is if CoD remains on the same schedule but we'll see, I think CoD should move to a every 2 years franchise Tbh.

3. Fix Blizzard.

Hopefully this will be the outcome once the deal is finalized. COD won't have to be a year franchise and other studios and work on what they want and actually have some creative freedom. 

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

All the "Xbox got no games/studio" crowed are to blame, take a long hard look in the mirror and be ashamed of yourself :P

Yup. Hurt Phil right in the feels. 

He never forgives, he never forgets. 

green_sky said:

Just recently Phil was like they are rethinking their relationship with Activision-Blizzard after the bad toxic news. I guess this is what that meant. Bahhaha.

we want the games but not the leadership. :)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

What fantastic news. They bought the only publisher that NEVER releases anything to GamePass (Ubisoft does a little with Steep and now R6 Extraction).
This will push Game Pass (and consoles obviously) hard.

CoD, Diablo, THPS, Crash, Spyro, Starcraft, Warcraft, Overwatch and tons of other smaller IPs that lie dormant.

Spade said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

That's even better news than ActiBlizz stuff

Big facts

The only strange thing about it is that it mentions UE4 and Unity specifically and the only Atlus game to be built on UE4 is SMT V.

shikamaru317 said:

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, Acti-Blizz has some big games upcoming this gen (yearly CoD, Overatch 2, Diablo 4, and the possibility of other franchises like Crash, Tony Hawk, or Spyro being revived later in the generation) will have a big effect on both Xbox Hardware sales and Gamepass subs, even if MS only makes their games day one gamepass, no timed or full exclusivity, and timed or full exclusivity will only further increase that boost to hardware sales and gamepass subs. On the other hand, Acti-Blizz doesn't have very many games that interest me personally (mainly Overwatch 2 and the occasional CoD), and for alot less than $69b they could have bought like 2 or 3 smaller publishers, let's say for the purposes of example, Ubisoft and Sega, acquiring those 2 would have cost less than $15b combined, less than 1/4th what they are paying for Acti-Blizz, and they would have got a larger number of 1st party studios and IP out of it for less money.

The huge price tag does at least show that Satya Nadella is committed to Xbox and gaming in general, he clearly is all-in on making Xbox the biggest console and Microsoft the marketshare leader in Cloud gaming.

Exactly my point. Spending all this money on two-three smaller-scale publishers would have been better IMO.