By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KiigelHeart said:

Looks like Gears 5 is now out of top40 most played games according to trueachievements.com. I can still find competitive games pretty quickly of course, but it sucks TC has basically left this game to die now. It took a good while to fix the game and they even released a superb expansion campaign, they should've supported it for longer since Gears 6 is years away. No Gearsmas event or anything :(

That's a bummer. I know they are doing their last store update today. Maybe their next game is farther ahead then we realize. 

Around the Network

I like how Battlefield 2042 is front and center on this months deals lol. The game already had a free to play weekend last week on Steam and was $20 off. Not the best sign for a game that had been out for less than a month at that point xD

Also, FTP weekends and steep discounts this quickly don't mean jack if the game still isn't fixed!

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 21 December 2021

shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I like how Battlefield 2042 is front and center on this months deals lol. The game already had a free to play weekend last week on Steam and was already $20 off. Not the best sign for a game that had been out for less than a month at that point xD

Also, FTP weekends and steep discounts this quickly don't mean jack if the game still isn't fixed!

As bad as the Battlefield 2042 flop seems to be, it's not even the biggest AAA flop this year. Some retailers were selling Guardians of the Galaxy for $25 about a month after it released at $60 (I myself grabbed it for $25 on a black friday deal); I have only seen a discount that big, that quickly before once, which was the last Need for Speed that EA released I believe, which also released in October and was going for $25-30 by Black Friday. 

Which is a shame, really. Cus GotG is actually a good game. BF was a complete disaster.

shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I like how Battlefield 2042 is front and center on this months deals lol. The game already had a free to play weekend last week on Steam and was already $20 off. Not the best sign for a game that had been out for less than a month at that point xD

As bad as the Battlefield 2042 flop seems to be, it's not even the biggest AAA flop this year. Some retailers were selling Guardians of the Galaxy for $25 about a month after it released at $60 (I myself grabbed it for $25 on a black friday deal); I have only seen a discount that big, that quickly before once, which was the last Need for Speed that EA released I believe, which also released in October and was going for $25-30 by Black Friday. 

Which is a damn shame too. Guardians of the Galaxy was an amazing game! Nothing groundbreaking but the dialogue was funny, combat was fun, music was top notch, and the story was pretty engaging. I'm willing to bet it had to do with the sour taste many still had of last years Avengers game. 

Was really expecting more out of Battlefield 2042.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
jason1637 said:

CrossfireX Previews saying the game is mediocre.

It was a mediocre Counter-Strike ripoff to begin with, but the multiplayer for this title seems to be more CoD than CS.

I am a little surprised that the single-player aspect isn't being reviewed better either considering it was made by Remedy.

The beta was fun tho, it had some original ideas that were fun for players who don't take MP games too seriously and competitive tournament players.

KiigelHeart said:

Looks like Gears 5 is now out of top40 most played games according to trueachievements.com. I can still find competitive games pretty quickly of course, but it sucks TC has basically left this game to die now. It took a good while to fix the game and they even released a superb expansion campaign, they should've supported it for longer since Gears 6 is years away. No Gearsmas event or anything :(

Blame MS/343.

- After Gears they only had 35 months to release gears 5 because 2020 would be Halo's year.
- Still they released it in a great state, a lot the MP gameplay dislikes was because of MP professional players.
- Game released with a free battlepass, ton of playlists and new modes like Escape.
- With also a reworked Horde and level system they gave PVE players also fun online.
- Meanwhile they also worked on Gears tactics and later on the U5 Demo and help 343 with Halo Infinite
- While also losing a ton of contractors. They even have no (Gears) community manager anymore 

If they could have released in 2020 with the Xbox series launch we would have a better game with hivebusters on release but blaming TC feels unjust.

Yeah 12 kills, 9 assists, 0 deaths and this not against bots....This will never happen again. 

konnichiwa said:
KiigelHeart said:

Blame MS/343.

- After Gears they only had 35 months to release gears 5 because 2020 would be Halo's year.
- Still they released it in a great state, a lot the MP gameplay dislikes was because of MP professional players.
- Game released with a free battlepass, ton of playlists and new modes like Escape.
- With also a reworked Horde and level system they gave PVE players also fun online.
- Meanwhile they also worked on Gears tactics and later on the U5 Demo and help 343 with Halo Infinite
- While also losing a ton of contractors. They even have no (Gears) community manager anymore 

If they could have released in 2020 with the Xbox series launch we would have a better game with hivebusters on release but blaming TC feels unjust.

I can give them credit for helping on other projects and eventually improving the game. But the game didn't release in great state at all. If they had time constraints they should've cut or trimmed some content. Like Escape which was half-baked effort to begin with.

Their free battlepass was an insult. Horde was poorly designed mess and alienated plenty of PvE players. Multiplayer they launched was too casualized for Gears community. Taking away skill cap isn't good. 

And I very much prefer how 343 and Staten respond to community feedback compared to TC and Rod.

konnichiwa said:
gtotheunit91 said:

It was a mediocre Counter-Strike ripoff to begin with, but the multiplayer for this title seems to be more CoD than CS.

I am a little surprised that the single-player aspect isn't being reviewed better either considering it was made by Remedy.

The beta was fun tho, it had some original ideas that were fun for players who don't take MP games too seriously and competitive tournament players.

I didn't get a chance to check out the beta. What were some of the highlights that have you optimistic?