By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Forza Horizon 5 will be the highest rated game coming out this year and will still not win GOTY.

Luckily I think that we will still be represented with Psychonauts and Deathloop. I can see them nominating R&C but if they nominate Returnal then there is clear bias there.

Hope that Halo Infinite’s campaign will do similar scores (high 80’s I don’t believe that it can achieve 90+).

You never know. Halo 4 got an 87 with good singleplayer and meh multiplayer, while Halo 5 got an 85 with bad singleplayer and good multiplayer. That tells me two things:

1. Critics care more about good campaign than good multiplayer

2. If Halo Infinite has better campaign than both 4 and 5, and better multiplayer than 5, it might just be able to score a 90 or higher. So far the multiplayer definitely seems like it will be even better received than Halo 5's was, due to positive changes like no lootboxes, slower sprint, no spartan charge/boosters/ground pound, better new weapons, the return of equipment with the particularly fun grappleshot. That leaves the singleplayer, can it be better than both 4 and 5 in SP? I think so. The story was wrote by somebody who knows what they are doing, a Batman Arkham writer, as opposed to 5 which was written by a comic book artist, and we had Joe Staten coming in to oversee development the final year and ensure the singleplayer is up to Halo standards. They are staying truer to the original trilogy in everything from music to art design to world design, taking the semi-open 2nd level of Halo 1 and doing a full open world Halo ring based on it. 

Are the admin's ever going to fix this annoying issue where quoting mobile users turns their apostrophes into ’ ?

I love Halo 4’s campaign it’s extremely underrated imo and I’m very excited for Halo Infinite since I love the idea of a Open World Halo game on a Halo Ring. I just don’t believe that it will achieve the critical acclaim of the Bungie era.

At the end of the day I don’t care what critics think of it because I know that I will enjoy the Hell out of it.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Something about this PC mod just feels so wrong, lol. Maybe I'm secretly prejudiced against lefties xD Based on the comments, I'm not alone at least. 

Ew.

Did they stop doing those 60fps boosts on bc games already? Still hoping Gears of War: UE would get this treatment.

And Mafia: Definitive Edition. Just bought it and damn this 30fps is hurtin my brain. Should be illegal already.

Phoenix Point. Fucking Finally.
Also very happy about Superliminal.
Will definitely play Aragami 2 and while I never heard about Astria Ascending, it looks right up my alley.

Ryuu96 said:

Random questions to try wake this thread up, I don't think we're getting any Microsoft announcements this week due to it being Deathloop's week.

1. Do you think it is important for Microsoft to get exclusive licensed IP from major brands such as Marvel, DC or LucasArts or should they focus on growing their own original IP as Sony has done across the years?
  2. If you could pick any Marvel IP for Xbox to have, other than Spider-Man or Wolverine as they're already being used by Sony, which would you want the most?
  3. If you could pick any DC IP for Xbox to have, other than Batman as that is already with Rocksteady, which would you want the most?
  • Try to pick based on what you would want the most and not what would help Xbox the most, it can be any IP other than the exceptions above, from the massive ones to very obscure ones.

1. Personally, I don't care so much, as long as they're just making great games across a variety of genres. From a broader business perspective, it probably is important. Big brands have a lot of selling power, and you wanna be able to capitalize on that as much as possible. 

2. The obvious one here is Iron Man. He's HUGELY popular, and frankly, it's mindboggling that nobody has made an amazing Iron Man game. The character is practically tailor made to be a video game superstar. I'm still salty about Anthem being such a disaster, and promptly abandoned, cus damn...it's fucking fun to fly around in a suit of armor and blow things up. Daredevil would be another really great option. Marvel is apparently bringing Cox back to play the character moving forward, the Netflix show was super popular, gameplay wise you can do all the standard Batman/Spiderman style gameplay people know and love in these types of games. Textbook.

3. Wonder Woman is the no-brainer here imo. Superman is arguably too hard to pull off, because he's just such a stupidly OP character. You can do a lot cool stuff with Wonder Woman. You get sword and board combat, lasso/whip, hand to hand, throw in some magic type stuff if you want, you can throw her into various time periods and/or mythical realms or whatever. You get a lot of freedom I think. 

Around the Network

I'm gonna start with 3.

I'll think about the other questions for a little bit, but for some reason ancient memories from childhood threw this at me.  It was an American animation tv series (2 seasons) from 1978.  I must of been in 1st or 2nd grade watching re-airings of it in the early 80's.  

I had no idea what the name of it was.  I was googling legion of doom cartoon from the 80's to find it because that is the only thing that was popping into my head.  I would have never guessed the actual name, in fact it still doesn't sound right.

I found this, which is what was very clear in my memory, it is the Legion of Doom's headquarters.

Though I don't have much memories of the show or episodes themselves, I do have memories of anticipating it's airing and how happy I was.

I'm now going to go on search for the seasons to see what I watching 40 years ago.

There would be so many options with this, I'm biased to RPG's, but there are plenty of directions and genres that could be ran simultaneously.  

edit: I have now found some episodes from 1973.  

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 14 September 2021

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

P.S., not sure why the spacing is all jacked up.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Here is the good guy's headquarters.  It looks like it might of been more than one show, one being a spin-off of the other.  Man, I'm gonna have fun going back in time.  

Ryuu96 said:

As games close the distance between people, we invite our players to celebrate the joy and community of gaming with us. Similar to last year, this will be a show curated for our players in Japan and across Asia.  Expect a celebration with our Asia community and locally relevant updates, though no new global debuts should be expected. Tune in to see the latest regionally relevant updates on previously announced games coming later this year.

Considering how popular CrossFireX used to be in Asia, it would certainly be a lost opportunity to not reveal the release date in there.

What's likely to be delayed?