By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DroidKnight said:
WoodenPints said:

So am I right in saying from the images there it's going to be some sort of looter shooter like Borderlands? Open World also it looks like.

From what I gather, it's going to be very similar to Borderlands.

Well if that's the case then it's moved up my list of anticipated games because the reveal trailer made it look like a Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor, Gears Horde kind of game.

Edit: Just read Ryuu's post above that does sound interesting.

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 11 September 2021

Around the Network

Those leaks have me hyped for red fall.

Just my two cents, Redfall does sound a lot more interesting based off of that leak. I was also under the impression it would just be another generic 4 player coop game trying to be like L4D. Glad to hear that isn't the case and the game is definitely more on my radar, looking forward to seeing a bit more (especially since this is supposedly a summer 2022 release so we should be getting more footage soonish I would suspect).

coolbeans said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ugh, after reading what I just read, Sony can have the KOTOR remake. Apparently the lead writer they hired to rewrite KOTOR is a left wing feminist activist who has a tweet history of showing disdain for the Star Wars fanbase and KOTOR itself. Some of her choice tweets over the last 7 or so years that people have managed to dig up since it was announced she was the lead writer:

• What is my favorite Bioware game? Definitely not KOTOR
  • The Last Jedi is amazing, f*cking fight me
  • If you want to hate Rey, at least be honest about it, you hate that she is a Mary Sue because she is a woman. It's cool, just be real about it
  • Snotty angry baby boy: "Rey hardly needed any training at all compared to Luke and Anakin"
  • The Last Jedi: "Please listen to the powerful queer woman in your life for once in your ding dang life"
  • Picture of her wearing a "Star Wars is for everyone" T-shirt, with the tweet text "Die Mad about it"
  • Tweet calling Luke Skywalker a Gary Stu, in response to people calling Rey a Mary Sue (even though Luke had to work hard for everything that came to him, took him a year just to be able to use force pull and even longer to do a Jedi Mind Trick, Rey did both of those things within just a few days of learning she was a Jedi)
  • I've never seen Star Wars (posted before The Force Awakens released)
  • Fighting the patriarchy makes me hungry, so I'm going to sit in the kitchen while my male partner cooks me dinner
  • It's freezing but hating the patriarchy keeps me warm
  • Some of the worst professional experiences I've had involved white women with internalized misogyny doing the work of the patriarchy

I'd rather have Chris Avellone re-write the damn game than her, even though he is a jackass, at least we know he can write a good Star Wars game (he did Jedi Fallen Order just a few years ago, plus KOTOR 2 back in 2004). Or better yet, they could have got Drew Karpyshyn to modernize the original KOTOR story he wrote. Instead they gave it to a woman who seems to actively hate the old school Star Wars fanbase and the original KOTOR. 

Some of those are pretty inconsequential while others make me question why she'd get the call.  Better yet, why address much of anything with respect to KOTOR's story?  Outside of polishing exposition and reworking pre-KOTOR history that's (currently) considered non-canon, there's really no pressing concerns.

I'll add some good & bad to this news.

Good:  She's put in the work and has receipts.  Unlike odd SW writer choices like Mitch Dyer (Battlefront II), who also gave Battlefront (2015) a glowing review at IGN, there is something BEYOND critiques she can leverage.

Bad:  One of said critiques unlisted above was that stupid GTA V 'virtual rape' news segment.

Add multi-colored hair to the player-character if you so please, but please don't fuck up the already-great material.  

They've already talked about 'remaking it for a modern audience', so I would set your expectations low. Better yet, like with Mass Effect Andromeda when it had similar red flags beforehand, I won't bother having expectations at all. When I see these projects developing, I tend to just ignore them. So instead of remembering any disappointment from the last Mass Effect, the only thing I remember were the hilarious compilation videos from it's release before I moved on with my life, and then picking it up for $5 in a bargain bin some time later (which I still haven't played).

shikamaru317 said:

Long term, maybe, but Sony's 2022 is definitely stronger than Microsoft's so far imo, and I say that as a huge Bethesda fan who is hyped for Starfield. 

Sony 2022

• Horizon Forbidden West- February 2022
  • Gran Turismo 7- March 2022
  • Ghostwire Tokyo (1 year exclusive)- Spring 2022 (April-June)
  • Forspoken (2 year exclusive)- Spring 2022 (April-June)
  • God of War Ragnarok- TBA 2022

That's 5 confirmed AAA exclusives for 2022 already. And considering Sony has nothing AAA for the 2nd half of the year except God of War, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce some other AAA for the 2nd half of 2022 at their next show, something like a From Software Souls-like exclusive or another 3rd party AAA hat like Bioshock 4 (rumored Sony hat on that, though we don't know it's release window).

Xbox 2022

• STALKER 2 (3 month timed exclusive)- April 2022
  • Redfall-Summer 2022 (July-September)
  • Starfield- November 2022

3 AAA's confirmed, with a possibility of seeing the following 3 in 2022:

• CrossFireX- Looking like it will get delayed out of 2021 even though the developers claimed it was still 2021 about a month ago
  • Avowed- Was originally rumored for Holiday 2022 by the leaker who leaked it before announce, though a delay could happen, especially if MS doesn't want it too close to Starfield)
  • Forza Motorsport reboot- While nothing is confirmed for this, it would stand to reason that they would want to get it out in 2022, probably September, though considering how late development began (Late 2019), considering Covid, and considering that they started completely from scratch, no re-used car models or tracks from FH7, it's also possible this skips 2022 and releases in 2023, so that they can have a larger car and track list on launch and avoid getting review bombed for not having enough content like Motorsport 5 did

They both have a very similar output next year. 

Sony 2022

• Horizon Forbidden West- February 2022
  • Gran Turismo 7- March 2022
  • Ghostwire Tokyo (1 year exclusive)- Spring 2022 (April-June)
  • Forspoken (2 year exclusive)- Spring 2022 (April-June)
  • God of War Ragnarok- TBA 2022

Xbox 2022

• STALKER 2 (3 month timed exclusive)- April 2022
  • Redfall-Summer 2022 (July-September)
  • Starfield- November 2022
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Darktide warhammer
  • Grounded(Full release)
  • Scorn
  • Crossfire X
  • As Dusk Falls

I'm sure Sony has a couple of other games we don't know about, timed or 1st party, but so could Xbox. To me, it doesn't really matter because both will have a strong output regardless if one edges the other out. Starfield has potential to be "game of the generation" and if that's the case, the rest of Xbox's lineup won't matter nearly as much in the critics eyes.

Around the Network

Conflicting leaks are coming out saying it's actually more like L4D and some of the info was not correct. At this point, I'm just going to wait for official info from Arkane.

Ryuu96 said:

Honestly, would have been fine if Andromeda continued as a spinoff series and was marketed as such, rather than a replacement to the mainline series, as long as the mainline series continued too, then I think it would have been cool to join both the series back together again sometime in the future, maybe a game that spans across The Milky Way and Andromeda, Lol.

Still maintain that most of Andromeda's problems were on EA and Bioware Edmonton and a lot of rumours back that up, if EA and Edmonton treated Montreal better we might not have ended up with a closed studio and messy Andromeda which is a shame cause the potential was there.

Still would take Mass Effect 4 over Andromeda 2 any day.

What potential? A big budget and the series license? As long as you have that you can just inject whatever personal agenda you like into something? This line of thought is why so many franchises are being disgraced as we speak, why we're having this conversation...

I would also like a sequel to Andromeda since there is a ton of potential in the story left, idk how they can keep the story interesting post ME3. The next game would have to be post Destroy ending.

Speshal_Nick has confirmed that MachineGames Indiana Jones will be Xbox console exclusive. https://mobile.twitter.com/Shpeshal_Nick/status/1436895172508336134

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 12 September 2021

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

I would also like a sequel to Andromeda since there is a ton of potential in the story left, idk how they can keep the story interesting post ME3. The next game would have to be post Destroy ending.

The best ending you mean? 👀

The best if you want to continue the narrative forward and bring back a certain character. Making a story in the Synthesis and Control ending would be boring.

Hell if they make it more interesting then they could do a game in the refuse ending and start the cycle over as new species.