By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Angelus said:

Not gonna lie, every single leaked Starfield image has looked kinda bland as fuck. Not getting any unique atmosphere vibes from anything. Hopefully the game will look a lot more inspired when it's actually revealed.

Yeah same. The leaked pics aren't doing the game any favours. Reminds me of indie games set in space such as Deliver Us the Moon. Better graphics but less environmental details. Since the pics weren't intended to be shown to the public, there's still hope for something a little more interesing.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Angelus said:

Not gonna lie, every single leaked Starfield image has looked kinda bland as fuck. Not getting any unique atmosphere vibes from anything. Hopefully the game will look a lot more inspired when it's actually revealed.

Probably because there is no context to any of the images.  They are bland because the setting is bland.  I doubt I would put any effort into wasting time on how the game looks until we get actual video and official release of the game in motion.  I doubt its going to be next Gen level pretty since it really is a game built for last gen.

Not next gen but when I look at the images, they remind me more of Doom Eternal than Fallout 4 even though Starfield is using Creation Engine.

Definitely an upgrade but we should wait and see if the game can deliver these visuals when there's more going on on screen. I'd be totally fine with Doom Eternal level of visuals.

Seems like MS is producing a lot Series S since they can’t get enough supply of Series ax’s. They’re sitting in my closest Best Buy and Target.

Jeff Grubb just Hard Confirmed that Starfield will be Xbox and PC exclusive. https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffgrubb/status/1393383582370992128?s=21

Finally someone outright says it, this pretty much guarantees TeS 6 as exclusive and hopefully Wolfenstein 3. MS doesn’t need to do Sony any favors when they money-hatted Deathloop and Ghostwire.

Bethesda is going to have an immediate impact on Xbox with Omen, Wolf 3 and Starfield.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Then...

Insider on Era, I wonder if that's a hint that it isn't this year.

You read too much into everything....

They'll have plenty of time to get used to it, because Bethesda games are going to be in the Xbox/PC/GamePass ecosystem pretty much forever, unless MS decides to sell Bethesda again, or they decide that GamePass is no longer a worthwhile business venture. 

Ryuu96 said:

Playful on Banjo/Conker, thoughts?

I'd be cautious about Conker, needs that British charm, Chris Seavor needs to be the lead writer, I also wouldn't give them a Banjo sequel to start with but perhaps see how they do with a remake of a previous Banjo.

This is something MS and Rare needs to get on top of asap if the games aren’t already in development.

Ryuu96 said:

Now Xbox Originals!

What do you mean by "Xbox Originals" :) ? I saw this here and there in the thread but really never took the time to understand what this would imply.

Not everything needs the “Original” tag. I think the Xbox Game Studios tag that shows up before a game launches is just fine.

Ryuu96 said:
jason1637 said:

Not everything needs the “Original” tag. I think the Xbox Game Studios tag that shows up before a game launches is just fine.

Bethesda isn't Xbox Game Studios though, they're Bethesda, that's the issue.

Xbox Game Studios won't be showing up on Bethesda titles, Bethesda Game Studios will.

You could simply slap the "Xbox" logo on splash screens and cases, but that isn't really clear, it's already like that for multiplatform Xbox versions.

And another issue is keeping Bethesda as a publishing house, stuff will say "Published by Bethesda" instead of Xbox.

Xbox Originals brings everything under one distinct, clear and easy to understand brand.

Also Xbox Originals is cooler sounding than Xbox Game Studios or Bethesda Game Studios.

Xbox Game Studios are studios owned by Xbox or 2nd party contracts. Microsoft can just have th Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda splash screen and that’s what I expect them to do. Xbox Games Studio are the publishers for all future Bethesda games, it’s like how Ryse has the Microsoft studios splash screen.