By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:

Hopefully we'll get console ports of AoE 1, 3, and Mythology at some point in the future as well.

Going to assume that 3 will happen at some point and swapping engines is no small task for an already released project so I'm going to assume 1 will happen after it has swapped its engine to 2's engine, I don't think they'll go through that much effort if they don't have future plans for it.

Around the Network

This event was just fun.

News with fun, I was vibing to that band, Lol.

And Idk, Age felt significant with that event, like Microsoft is saying "this IP is a big deal to us" which is nice, it feels like genuine care.

Those are some good announcements.
Shame that AoM isn't launching on console as well but I guess they are busy enough with porting those two games in 2023. I hope it will come to Xbox 6-12 months after PC launch.
Also AoE 3 DE is definitely still missing. I agree that the priority isn't as high as AoE 2 and 4 but I seriously hope for a port in 2024. As for the Definitive Edition of the first AoE.... I don't think they need to port that one. Compared to the others it was a pretty low effort job.

Haven't played any of them, but will try them out. Tried Civilization but couldn't get into it.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I'm not even an Age of Empire/Mythology fan but this has been a pretty great anniversary showcase...

They're announcing quite a lot.

I beg you and everyone here to give it a try when it comes to console!!!

As a longtime fan, we all thought the franchise was dead. Ensemble Studios was shutdown after Halo Wars in 2009, and we thought there was no hope for the series. Now, Age is back in full force and is now one of Xbox's marquee franchises! 

This anniversary showcase is worthy of being called an anniversary showcase. 

Yep. It was pretty heartbreaking to see Ensemble Studios closed. 

So great to see the turn around. 

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

Haven't played any of them, but will try them out. Tried Civilization but couldn't get into it.

Oh no need to worry about that. Age is nothing like Civilization. Age is a real-time strategy franchise, similar to StarCraft but in a historical setting.

You pick a civilization to play as, then it's all about making villagers to gather resources like food, wood, gold, and stone. Except in Age 3, they removed stone as a resource. Use your resources to have your villagers make buildings such as farms and barracks, make a military, upgrade your buildings and military units, build a navy if it's a water map, level up an age which costs a lot of resources (stone age to bronze age for example) to get further upgrades to quicken resource gathering and stronger military units, then conquer your enemies. That's the basic gist of it.

Each civ has its own perks whether that be in military units or infrastructure. Which is part of the fun in seeing which civ works best for you. 

Age of Mythology, while a spin-off, is a special one because although the basic gameplay is the same, it goes into Egyptian, Greek, and Norse mythology. An expansion added Atlanteans to the mix as well. And it had huge hero units. So that's why we're really excited for that remake! 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 25 October 2022

Update to 2023.

• Age of Empires II Definitive Edition Xbox Port - January 31st.
  • Ghostwire Tokyo - March 25th.
  • Redfall - First Half 2023.
  • Ara History Untold - First Half 2023.
  • Starfield - First Half 2023.
  • Minecraft Legends - Spring 2023.
  • Forza Motorsport - Spring 2023.
  • Age of Empires IV Xbox Port - 2023.

Stacking up nicely.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 October 2022

the-pi-guy said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I beg you and everyone here to give it a try when it comes to console!!!

As a longtime fan, we all thought the franchise was dead. Ensemble Studios was shutdown after Halo Wars in 2009, and we thought there was no hope for the series. Now, Age is back in full force and is now one of Xbox's marquee franchises! 

This anniversary showcase is worthy of being called an anniversary showcase. 

To this day, I still don't think we know the reason as to why Ensemble was closed but their legacy will now forever live on. 

gtotheunit91 said:
the-pi-guy said:

To this day, I still don't think we know the reason as to why Ensemble was closed but their legacy will now forever live on. 

The Halo MMO financially ruined them, IIRC, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

The Halo MMO financially ruined them, IIRC, Lol.

I'd also add the ripple effects from the 08 Recession.  Gaming wasn't impervious to its dramatic effects and everyone was looking to remove any financial dead weight.