By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I enjoyed the overview video for the Winter Update, but it still irks me at the 1:58 mark when the new head of live service said, "One of the biggest pieces of feedback that we've gotten since we launched is that people really want a system that gives them XP points for just playing the game. The new match XP system actually rewards players for playing. As you're playing matches, you get XP."

Like, you guys REALLY did not consider anything else other than the challenge-based system that's been in place at all?!?

Around the Network

It's annoying to see a company raking in billions of profits doing layoffs, though due to inflation a bunch of tech companies are doing layoffs and hiring freezes, Facebook and Intel are laying off thousands and Google is doing some layoffs too, I'd expect this to get worse as time goes on.

From what I can see, the only part of Xbox that was hit was the "Serious Gaming Initiative" which was a team who had a contract with the US Military to make "Wargames" for them, the entire team was laid off, I think they may have lost a contract or something since Hololens is still going only because it has US Military contracts.

Can't see anyone else from Xbox who was hit...Hope it stays that way.

I think Zenimax are safe.

Minecraft Dungeons: Fauna Faire Launch Trailer - YouTube

Around the Network

Anybody using one of these?

If so, any good?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

Feels like 343 is slowly getting some positivity back, thanks Forge

It's interesting to see that this video is getting positive reactions across Twitter/YouTube/ResetEra despite it not being any different to what they revealed months ago, makes me even more convinced a lot of the annoyance was down to the weird labelling of "Winter Update" instead of "Season 3"

343: Here's some cool maps from the Forgers that we have which you'll never play.

Yo I was getting some Facing Worlds from Unreal Tournament vibes from this map! Probably with it being in space lol, but I want it!!!!

Fallout 25th Anniversary Retrospective - A New Generation - YouTube