By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

This is actually why you should watch the video lol

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

343's gross incompetence never ceases to astound me. Imagine canceling local co-op and delaying season 3 on the same day. We also haven't heard anything about the dynamic weather and raytracing updates that were planned for post-release in ages.

Assassination's, file share, or a pre/post lobby either. 

Desync probably won't be fixed till Season 3 at this point since the team that would be fixing desync is currently working on network co-op. Which is now not until November lol

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 01 September 2022

gtotheunit91 said:

Looks like Microsoft may have its own Destiny competitor by extension lol

Sadly it will likely be CoD related anyway, they will probably make their own The Divison/Breakpoint/Wildlands type game.

Yeah the ray tracing features on consoles are definitely disappointing. Most of the time they take a big hit on framerate. If there's an option between ray tracing 30 FPS and performance 60 FPS, I will always go with the performance mode. Only rarely I switch to see the differences (Control, Watch Dogs Legion). In CoD Black Ops Cold War I didn't notice the ray tracing at all (it was only for shadows after all).

For me there are basically three tiers of ray tracing:
1. reflections (noticeable improvements)
2. lighting (noticeable but there are very good alternate solutions)
3. shadows (not really noticeable in 95% of all games)

SegaHeart said:

I'm sick and tired of the Activision and Xbox news every 2 weeks always talking about will it final this month or next month it's super annoying CMA are pissing people off how long do we have to hear other country approval this is the most annoying acquisistion in history I'm tired of seeing activision on front page VGchartz tired of when will Kotick be kicked from Activision i'm tired of hearing these stupid approval per country making headlines wow god let this acquition be done I'm tired of Activision already dragging the front page and gaming youtube news hope they scrutinize Sony super super hard when they acquire Square Enix.

It's just because of how massive the deal is in terms of money. Microsoft is paying almost as much as Disney did in buying 20th Century Fox. That's how insanely huge this deal is. It's a deal that wasn't expecting to close for a year and a half. So it does make sense unfortunately to constantly get updates on the progress of the deal with so many countries involved in authorizing the purchase. 

Around the Network

Cancelling splitscreen co-op really coming back to bite 343

shikamaru317 said:

WB Montreal may have gotten alot wrong in this game, but they nailed co-op to a degree that no other studio has to my knowledge:

• Individual loot instead of shared
  • Drop in, drop out
  • Untethered, meaning you can be on the other side of the map from your co-op partner
  • Scaling levels for both players and enemies so that you can play with friends who have a wildly different level from you easily
  • Campaign progression for both players
  • If you complete a mission in co-op in your friend's world and then reach that same mission in your own world, you have the option to skip it or replay it

The only thing missing is splitscreen co-op, which is likely missing for technical reasons rather than design.

I agree on all the points but the big thing is that Gotham Knights only supports 2 player co-op. I would've been more impressed if it had 4 player co-op, which was honestly what I was expecting considering there's a total of 4 playable characters. 

I actually think Redfall should take all these points to heart moreso than Halo Infinite lol. Biggest thing Infinite is missing is being untethered. 

Definitely one of my most anticipated Xbox games! 

- A really nice big week for Xbox in Japan, looks like it'll crush the OG Xbox LT sooner than I expected.

- 343 being 343, can't say I'm surprised they underdeliver every time. At least forge will be out soon and the community can pick up the slack. Some people are being overdramatic on my timeline but they definitely deserve the criticism

inXile's twitter is GOAT if the game is in a playable state, I wonder if there's a possibility we could see it at the Game Awards? If not, 100% at next years E3.