By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Bethesda Officially Joins Xbox | Game Pass Surpasses 18m Subscribers

And according to a reliable industry insider, they plan to do so. Tyler McVicker, who you may know as Valve News Network (VNN), is one of the most reliable sources for all things Valve and has leaked Half-Life Alyx years before the game was announced. Recently, McVicker decided to retire his VNN brand and focus on the entire industry rather than one single publisher.

https://www.altchar.com/game-news/fallout-new-vegas-2-expected-in-the-latter-half-of-this-decade-aOGAT1p3S68n

He also leaked Back 4 Blood.

But Klob responded to it with "Lol" so who knows.

Just cause he knows stuff about Valve doesn't mean he'll be accurate about Bethesda.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

And according to a reliable industry insider, they plan to do so. Tyler McVicker, who you may know as Valve News Network (VNN), is one of the most reliable sources for all things Valve and has leaked Half-Life Alyx years before the game was announced. Recently, McVicker decided to retire his VNN brand and focus on the entire industry rather than one single publisher.

https://www.altchar.com/game-news/fallout-new-vegas-2-expected-in-the-latter-half-of-this-decade-aOGAT1p3S68n

He also leaked Back 4 Blood.

But Klob responded to it with "Lol" so who knows.

Just cause he knows stuff about Valve doesn't mean he'll be accurate about Bethesda.

Yeah, I call bullshit on this leaker. The behind the scenes video that Bethesda released almost 2 years ago definitely made it look like Elder Scrolls 6 was already in active development, even if it didn't have a full sized dev team yet, not just pre-production. They were already doing work on the game world and environments, and even starting to do some voice acting and character modeling already. Things like that aren't done in the pre-production phase typically, pre-production is usually things like writing the story overview and then starting on the full storyline and voice acting scripts, making concept art for the world designers and character modelers to reference when building the actual game, making animation comics (animatics) for the animators to reference when animating cutscenes and gameplay,  and building or upgrading the engine. If Bethesda was already doing TES 6 environments and character models in March 2019 then there is just no way that Elder Scrolls 6 takes until 2026 or 2027 to release imo. If I was a betting man, I'd still bet on Starfield in 2021 and TES 6 in 2024 or 2025. 

As for the rest of his leak. I'd say that Fallout New Vegas 2 (more likely to be a new city rather than an actual New Vegas sequel) is probably coming in the 2nd half of the decade unless Boyarsky and Cain decide to shelve Outer Worlds 2 and do Fallout first. If they do decide to finish The Outer Worlds 2 first, then we'll probably see Outer Worlds 2 release in 2023-2024, with Fallout New Vegas 2 development starting immediately afterwards, and a release around 2027-2028. The only other possibility that I see is that Boyarski and Cain don't touch Fallout NV2 at all, even though Fallout was originally their IP, and instead Josh Sawyer, who directed Fallout New Vegas 1, ends up directing Obsidian's next Fallout, but for that to happen he would still have to finish his current single A project, or shelve it temporarily. Either way, the chances of a new Obsidian fallout releasing before 2026 are slim. 

@shika

Hitman 1 was on GwG. I could import the levels to Hitman 2 for free.
Hitman 2 is frequently on sale. Got the Gold Edition for €15 during the Black Friday sale.

I wouldn't call that expensive.

Speaking of Elder Scrolls 6, I see that Bethesda released some new teases that the game is set in Hammerfell, but also a tease that it might be Hammerfell + High Rock. Hopefully we do get both regions in one game.

Story wise, I'm expecting TES 6 to be set shortly after TES 5. I think TES 6 will be about the Aldmeri Dominion attempting a 2nd Invasion of Hammerfell (the Redguard successfully fended off the first invasion about 20 years before TES 5, leading to the signing of the 2nd Treaty of Stros M'kai), and possibly also an Aldmeri Invasion of High Rock, with the Empire struggling to protect High Rock in the wake of the Emperor's assassination in TES 5. I think during the game we'll help install a stronger Emperor to replace the assassinated Titus Mede II, one who will stop being a pushover and fight back against the Thalmor. I think the Aldmeri Dominion will be successfully thwarted by this new, stronger Emperor during TES 6, and pushed back into their own territories, leading to TES 7 being about the Empire retaliating by pushing south into a combined Elsweyr and Valenwood map. That is my hope for TES 6 and 7 anyway. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 19 January 2021

Barozi said:

@shika

Hitman 1 was on GwG. I could import the levels to Hitman 2 for free.
Hitman 2 is frequently on sale. Got the Gold Edition for €15 during the Black Friday sale.

I wouldn't call that expensive.

Sadly I must have missed Hitman when it was on GWG, because it's not on my GWG ready to install list. Currently, there seem to be only 2 methods to buy Hitman 1 on Xbox One, at least digitally. The first is a GOTY edition of just Hitman 1 which currently costs a whopping $60. The 2nd method is to buy the Hitman 2 GOTY Legacy pack, it costs the same $60 but you get to play the Hitman 1 missions in the upgraded Hitman 2 engine, but it doesn't seem to include the Hitman 2 missions, for those you need to spend another $60 currently, for $120 total. Hitman 3 of course costs another $60, but it is new, so that price is fine. But Hitman 1 and 2 are both way overpriced currently, you should not have to pay $120 to get both Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 digitally, not when Hitman 1 released in 2016 and Hitman 2 in 2018. 

I guess I'll have to wait on them to go on sale again, or look at the physical pricing for Hitman 1 and 2. 

Edit: Ok, so physical is alot cheaper thankfully. Hitman 1 Definitive Edition, which includes all the base game missions plus all of the paid DLC, is $26 on Amazon US currently, much less than the $60 that the equivalent digital version currently costs. Hitman 2 though is still very overpriced even on physical. Base game costs $45 for the US version on Amazon, though there is a Europe import version on Amazon US which is $28, I assume it works in US since there is no region locking. However, if you want a physical copy of the Gold Edition, the one that includes the Hitman 2 DLC's, it costs $85 on Amazon US currently. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 19 January 2021

Around the Network

Edit - Nvm.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 January 2021

Any tips on why my copy of Halo 5 isn't working? (disc, fully installed, all 96gb ....)

"you need to install the game or app for this"

@Seece

I had a similar issue when I moved RDR2 from my Xbox One X internal to SSD and then plugged it into my Series X. Hard reset didn't work so only option left was reinstalling it.
Sadly that's the only thing I can think off.

Barozi said:

@Seece

I had a similar issue when I moved RDR2 from my Xbox One X internal to SSD and then plugged it into my Series X. Hard reset didn't work so only option left was reinstalling it.
Sadly that's the only thing I can think off.

Hey Barozi! Thanks, yeah I feared that would be the case. I wish Xbox One didn't make it so annoying to play games.

I tried a hard reset and that didn't work :(

talking about technical problems.
I'm starting to get the Series X controller connection issues. It randomly turns off and when I press the Xbox button, it will light up for a split second and go dark again.
I'm using an old (X1) play and charge kit, so when I remove it and place it in again, it usually works.
Sometimes the controller won't turn off and just keeps blinking as if it's not connected.
Very annoying. I hope MS will fix it with a firmware update soon.