By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Pentiment finna be one of the best selling games of all time

Around the Network

DMR gameplay against bots at the 3:03 mark. Ngl, it looks like a ton of fun to play!

Ryuu96 said:

Obsidian Worked on Pentiment For 9 Months Before Telling Microsoft | TechRadar

Sawyer don't gotta tell Microsoft shit.

What a boss. 

If that doesn't convince people that developers bought by MS have a creative freedom, I don't know what will. 

Interview with Josh Sawyer and Hannah Kennedy with Pentiment gameplay happening in the background. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 24 August 2022

Ryuu96 said:

Phil openly talking about their next acquisitions probably means the deal is as good as done, Lol.

Don't think Microsoft lawyers would let him speak about gobbling up other studios whilst in the process of acquiring one of the biggest otherwise.

You giving Phil to much credit and MS lawyers way to much power.  Its not like a Lawyer is sitting right next to Phil or off screen giving him hand signs on what to say and not to say.

Around the Network

Anyone gonna try out Crossfire X's Babylon update after what was shown yesterday?

Ryuu96 said:
Machiavellian said:

You giving Phil to much credit and MS lawyers way to much power.  Its not like a Lawyer is sitting right next to Phil or off screen giving him hand signs on what to say and not to say.

Phil in the position of power that he is in (he's one of Microsoft's top employees) would definitely have PR folk (maybe not lawyers but the PR would be informed well enough) who would inform him on what not to say during interviews with major publications such as Bloomberg who are much more important than any gaming publications, the entire business world takes Bloomberg seriously.

Phil does sometimes say shit he isn't meant to and he has admitted in the past that his personal PR don't like that, even in this Bloomberg interview his words are carefully crafted on the subject of exclusivity, it's not just a random interview but one he has prepared for and as mentioned, it's with Bloomberg, interviews with Bloomberg are aimed towards the market, not fans in forums.

You making it way to complex.  So just like we see all the time, Corporate people on Phil level can and will make mistakes on occasion and I see nothing different now.  Phil always try to say pretty much nothing which is one of the things he has made into an artform and criticize for but that still does not mean he cannot make mistakes.  The better Phil feels about the success of the division the less guarded he will be in his statements.  I doubt he is preparing his statements as you suggest but he does with probably all interviews want to relay a certain position where the MS gaming division is at or headed in the most vague way as possible.

Oh man, I was wondering why Age of Empires 4 quickly died off to the point it's not even in Steam's top 100 most played games. At least most of the time. Whereas Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition stays in the top 50 at all times and has not once dipped below 10,000 concurrent players in its almost 3 years since it launched.

I gave AoE 4 a spin since it's free on Steam till Monday, and it's almost as bad as Halo Infinite in terms of missing basic features and content and getting the 2 new civs, while cool, in next months anniversary update is the equivalent of how we only got 2 new maps in Season 2 of Infinite for 6 months after having only 8 playable civs total for an entire year in AoE 4.

And apparently it was much worse! I looked up a review of AoE 4 in 2022 after playing, and someone did make a top 10 video of updates that have been made to the game since launch. 8 out of the 10 listed were features that were in all previous AoE games and should have been there at launch. So this game is supposedly in a much "better" state than launch, but is still missing a lot of things.

The core gameplay is there and it's really good, like Infinite, but is still missing a lot to make it a proper Age of Empires game. Probably due it to it also being a live service. 

Ryuu96 said:

Phil openly talking about their next acquisitions probably means the deal is as good as done, Lol.

Don't think Microsoft lawyers would let him speak about gobbling up other studios whilst in the process of acquiring one of the biggest otherwise.

He said that they are looking outside of traditional markets, so hopefully that means Japan and South Korea.

As I stated before South Korean companies are going to produce more and more AAA games this gen and while I doubt that MS would go after some of the Bigger companies (like Krafton or Nexon) they could potentially go after someone like Pearl Abyss or some of the smaller startups there.

It would be interesting to see if they even try to go after some Chinese companies since they are going to own Activision Shanghai.