By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

2023 will be the year of Game Pass for PC and game pass in general. The addition of Blizzard games to the service will be a game changer. The new games from Bethesda and Xbox studios will accelerate that. I always believed that the Activision Blizzard deal was more to the PC front than Xbox.

The question is how much will the service cost by the end of the year. It won't be at $10/$15 for sure. I think it will be $11.99 for the basic subscription and $17.99 for the ultimate.

Around the Network

Due to the Snitch's recent reveal of what seemingly appears to be a Dune game, it's led some to believe it could be something inXile is working on 

I haven't read this part on this site of the Brazil proceedings where Microsoft straight up says what Sony's winning formula against the likes of Game Pass would be. Thought it was pretty amusing.

“Sony could be able to leverage the high quality of their first-party games even more by making them available on PlayStation Plus at launch day. Such a strategy might be able to quickly speed up the growth of the service’s userbase as a response to the competitive pressure of Game Pass (or any other service) and [the strategy] is not adopted by Sony, even when it comes to the new and updated PlayStation Plus. Such a move by Sony could make PlayStation Plus even more attractive in order to be able to rival eventual strategies by competing game publishers—to the benefit of gamers.”

gtotheunit91 said:

I haven't read this part on this site of the Brazil proceedings where Microsoft straight up says what Sony's winning formula against the likes of Game Pass would be. Thought it was pretty amusing.

“Sony could be able to leverage the high quality of their first-party games even more by making them available on PlayStation Plus at launch day. Such a strategy might be able to quickly speed up the growth of the service’s userbase as a response to the competitive pressure of Game Pass (or any other service) and [the strategy] is not adopted by Sony, even when it comes to the new and updated PlayStation Plus. Such a move by Sony could make PlayStation Plus even more attractive in order to be able to rival eventual strategies by competing game publishers—to the benefit of gamers.”

Pretty much what I have stated in a number of threads on this subject. Sony does not go down this route because they are the market leaders thus they do not need to rock the boat or take any undo risk.  As MS stated, Sony could easily counter GP if they wanted or any other outside competition but they choose not to.

twintail said:
Ryuu96 said:

Just to add onto the edit, Sony own the IP, it won't come to Xbox.

But 505 Games publish it on PC.

yeah, so it's most def Death Stranding PC gamepass. Good release

Could also come to Xcloud which would allow people with an Xbox to play it as well.  Would be interesting if that loophole got through.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
twintail said:

yeah, so it's most def Death Stranding PC gamepass. Good release

Could also come to Xcloud which would allow people with an Xbox to play it as well.  Would be interesting if that loophole got through.

That's how I got to play MLB: The Show on PC :)

Geoff Keighley is trying to announce the entirety of Gamescom opening night on his Twitter the past few days

Anyone interested in the potential of inXile working on a Dune RPG? I know the inXile twitter account likes to joke around, so those Dune tweets could be nothing, but Brian Fargo posted on his Twitter last November him meeting with David Lynch. He specifically pointed out for an hour. Sounds to meet like it was for business purposes rather than just to discuss creative stuff lol.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Anyone interested in the potential of inXile working on a Dune RPG? I know the inXile twitter account likes to joke around, so those Dune tweets could be nothing, but Brian Fargo posted on his Twitter last November him meeting with David Lynch. He specifically pointed out for an hour. Sounds to meet like it was for business purposes rather than just to discuss creative stuff lol.

I don't think it's Dune, their next title is confirmed a new IP and I'm fairly sure it's basically confirmed to be Steampunk.

True, but Brian did say inXile is working on multiple titles, but their second project was still in its infancy. That was almost 2 years ago when he said that. The Snitch usually tweets something when a game is very close to being announced, so we should find out here soon. Assumingly Gamescom.