By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Jaywood2010 said:

@ironmanDX i was just exaggerating really haha I shouldn't have even mentioned it lol but since I did I will shoot you a DM so I don't go too off topic on here. I assume off topic stuff is still against the rules on here or did they change that?

Ryu and I were more or less posting whatever to make sure his and this thread synced up for his 30000th post.

So, yeah. Unless it's actually spam, no one really seems to mind. 

Around the Network
Jaywood2010 said:

@ironmanDX i was just exaggerating really haha I shouldn't have even mentioned it lol but since I did I will shoot you a DM so I don't go too off topic on here. I assume off topic stuff is still against the rules on here or did they change that?

Honestly, unless you're being straight up offensive, or getting into spats with people, VGC is just happy for the activity lol. I could make my next 10 posts in this thread reviews of recent restaurants I've been to, and Ryu would just be like...huh...that's weird...wonder what I should eat today?

Angelus said:
Jaywood2010 said:

Honestly, unless you're being straight up offensive, or getting into spats with people, VGC is just happy for the activity lol. I could make my next 10 posts in this thread reviews of recent restaurants I've been to, and Ryu would just be like...huh...that's weird...wonder what I should eat today?

What did you think of Miami? 

ironmanDX said:
Angelus said:

It was an ok race. Street tracks often tend to not be particularly great for overtaking, so I was actually worried it might be a lot worse. SC at the end obviously spiced it up, but that sort of thing will tend to happen around tight circuits like this. Personally, I'm just happy to see more US races starting to happen, so the sport can gain some traction over there. Miami, with the type of city that it is, is always gonna be a bit more of a Monaco style party event than it is an incredible race weekend. 

Angelus said:
ironmanDX said:

It was an ok race. Street tracks often tend to not be particularly great for overtaking, so I was actually worried it might be a lot worse. SC at the end obviously spiced it up, but that sort of thing will tend to happen around tight circuits like this. Personally, I'm just happy to see more US races starting to happen, so the sport can gain some traction over there. Miami, with the type of city that it is, is always gonna be a bit more of a Monaco style party event than it is an incredible race weekend. 

I had similar thoughts... I told my mate that I thought it was the Monaco of the US. Ridiculously high price of entry included. 

Thankfully these regulations have been quite successful thus far and they are able to follow one another much closer. Just need the Mercedes to get a better understanding of the porpoising issues to help mix it up at the front. 

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
smroadkill15 said:

The content in Halo Infinite Season 2 is pretty solid. I'm enjoying all the new modes and maps they have added to the game. LSS is fun and so is Rumble Pit modes and King of the Hill. The 2 new maps are great. Most of the biggest issues still remain with progression, mix and matching armor sets, challenges, ranked not having its own split playlists, lack of forge/co-op(coming, I know) and still not enough maps. I'm not going to make the same mistake I did with season 1 and rush to complete season 2. There is no reason to use 2XP. Hopefully when Forge releases, we will at least get a few forge maps added before season 3 releases. 

Somehow they managed to make challenge/progression system worse lol. I had 4 FFA/LSS challenges at the same time and I really dislike those modes. And if you want LSS challenges such as 'play 6 matches' to count you have to sit through the whole thing ugh.. and personally I think it's an awful, awful mode.

The good thing is there's no need to rush with battle pass so I'll just ignore this event. Battle pass content is good and it's more fun to play again when making progress. Ranked King of the Hill is excellent and new maps are cool. I'm not a fan of Mangler nerf.

Overall I'm happy with what we got but they need to do more of course.

I don't notice much of a difference from season 1 to 2 challenges. Unless you are specifically talking about the event challenges because if you don't care for LSS, that makes sense. At least the ultimate challenge reward is decent now. LSS has a learning curve because if you try to play it like a regular match, you'll lose every time. You have to take your time and always keep an eye out for power up drops. Also, don't upgrade your weapons until you at least have the 3rd upgrade because the 2nd one is garbage.  
The one thing they need to fix, which is very annoying is when it comes down to the last 2 players, if you die while the circle is small, you'll likely spawn somewhere in the red area already losing shield, so you are at a huge disadvantage. I've haven't been able to win when this happens.

You actually don't have to wait for the LSS match to finish. If you leave before it ends and then play another game, the progress will carry over to the next time you finish a match. 
The mangler nerf is my least favorite change. At least the ravager is decent now. 

I was just reading about the outage Xbox experienced over the weekend. Did anyone have experience these problems?

It really shows again how much of a rough state Xbox's DRM is set up though and Microsoft really should re-evaluate it, again does Xbox not really have an offline mode anymore for your games?

smroadkill15 said:
KiigelHeart said:

Somehow they managed to make challenge/progression system worse lol. I had 4 FFA/LSS challenges at the same time and I really dislike those modes. And if you want LSS challenges such as 'play 6 matches' to count you have to sit through the whole thing ugh.. and personally I think it's an awful, awful mode.

The good thing is there's no need to rush with battle pass so I'll just ignore this event. Battle pass content is good and it's more fun to play again when making progress. Ranked King of the Hill is excellent and new maps are cool. I'm not a fan of Mangler nerf.

Overall I'm happy with what we got but they need to do more of course.

I don't notice much of a difference from season 1 to 2 challenges. Unless you are specifically talking about the event challenges because if you don't care for LSS, that makes sense. At least the ultimate challenge reward is decent now. LSS has a learning curve because if you try to play it like a regular match, you'll lose every time. You have to take your time and always keep an eye out for power up drops. Also, don't upgrade your weapons until you at least have the 3rd upgrade because the 2nd one is garbage.  
The one thing they need to fix, which is very annoying is when it comes down to the last 2 players, if you die while the circle is small, you'll likely spawn somewhere in the red area already losing shield, so you are at a huge disadvantage. I've haven't been able to win when this happens.

You actually don't have to wait for the LSS match to finish. If you leave before it ends and then play another game, the progress will carry over to the next time you finish a match. 
The mangler nerf is my least favorite change. At least the ravager is decent now. 

LSS with it being a completely new mode for the franchise in general, I did expect to see some growing pains start, but it's still a lot of fun and promising. I'm excited to try it out on the other BTB maps!

I wonder if you'll still be able to access the loot cave on Fragmentation during an LSS match? And if you can, will it be filled with the campaign legendary weapons or will it just be full of power ups? lol

No idea why 343 listened to the competitive community on the mangler, it was completely necessary. But with them re-evaluating the skill jumps and speedrunning nerfs, hopefully they'll hear us on the mangler nerf.

shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I was just reading about the outage Xbox experienced over the weekend. Did anyone have experience these problems?

It really shows again how much of a rough state Xbox's DRM is set up though and Microsoft really should re-evaluate it, again does Xbox not really have an offline mode anymore for your games?

I couldn't play any of my digital games during the outage because my Xbox Series isn't set as my home Xbox and the digital game ownership verification servers were down. My old Xbox One I gave to my sister is set as my home Xbox so that I can share my Gamepass with her, and you need access to the digital game ownership verification servers to play games on a non-home Xbox.

I saw John Linneman from Digital Foundry say that the console being set as your home console was not a fix for everyone. ModernVintageGamer responded saying that he was unable to play his digital games still even while his Xbox was set to home. And with MVG being a game developer himself, I definitely believe him when he says it wasn't working regardless of what troubleshooting steps were taken

I couldn't play my Xbox games at all over the weekend (All my Xbox games are digital). This little hiccup just reaffirmed to me why I won't be buying digital games anymore.

Edit: And yeah, home console didn't matter for me, my Series has been my home console since I've owned it, still wouldn't let me launch any of the games I owned.